The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd McLellan Canucks New Coach?

BurgerKing

No....he is AV all over again. He's done literally nothing in the playoffs in his career

Give it to Huska from the Kelowna Rockets before that guy.

At least he's earned it

This is the dumbest thing I've read today.

Give it to Huska he says while complaining about a coach who's done "nothing in the playoffs." Hilarious.

Give it to Huska he says while complaining about a coach who's done "nothing in the playoffs." Hilarious.

No worst then those wanting or suggesting Mclellan, Crawford, Stevens.

I would be ok with McLellan, but I think Trotz is a better coach so I'd prefer him.

Two things wrong with this. Trotz is still apart of the Predators organization as far as I know. And if you didn't like Torts style you're going to be bored to tears watching a Trotz team night in night out.

Two things wrong with this. Trotz is still apart of the Predators organization as far as I know. And if you didn't like Torts style you're going to be bored to tears watching a Trotz team night in night out.

I disagree. Trotz did what he could with what he was given in Nashville.

I think his style is more like Claude Julien/Sutter and Boston/LA fans are generally entertained. Sound hockey is not necessarily the same as trap hockey.

"Trotz did what he could with what he was given in Nashville"

Same exact thing can be said about Torts.

Some people on these boards want to pin it all on him, just like so many other scapegoats.. AV, Luongo, then MG, and now Torts.. may as well line them all up for CDC since the blame game's wheel of shame just keeps spinning around and around.

yet through all of this, the team seems to take the least amount of it. Blame goaltenders for allowing a bad goal once in a while. Blame the coach for his system and how he handles the team, blame the GM for reasons xyz..

It's embarrassing to be a Canucks fan sometimes not because of how the team plays poorly, but because there are SO MANY stupid fans in this city that talk out of their collective asses.

And yet people are now saying they want Trotz? McLellen? good grief.

that's right, I forgot that every coach starts in the league with the same experience as Bowman.

While Huska has never coached a game in the league, at least his slate is fresh. He's new blood and as such is unassailable in regards to having anything in the league.

Where as every other suggestion has either failed or failed miserably repeatedly. Don't forget we just fired a jack Adams winner and this teams most successful coach, add then fired his jack Adams and cup winning replacement.

If you want to speak of stupid things, maybe just maybe you should stop and look around

The CORE is the problem with that team. That is the only part of the team that has been consistent during their tenure of choking. It's not Wilson's fault and it's not McLellan's fault. At least not nearly as at fault as the core itself.

so funny.. i don't consider them losing to la is a choke!.. la just woke up. La is a great team with a great coach. if i was the sharks i wouldn't be to upset... they have young kids that need to learn and their coach is great compliment to their system... I also believe that quick is an awesome goalie really hard to beat. The sharks have the kind of attack that the canucks should have! goaltending was the sharks issues... niemi was great only because chicago is a great team!

There are a lot of options, Stevens, Trotz, Mclellan also depends on who gets knocked out in the second round, Dan Bylsma could be available if Pens get knocked out fast by A.V's crew.

Some guys worth a look from the AHL if they decide to go that way. Jeff Blashill, was an assistant for a year with Detroit and won a calder cup as head coach of their affiliate. Mike Haviland was an assitant with Chicago for several years won a stanley cup with them a few years ago and current head coach of their affiliate. John Anderson current coach of the wolves, coached Thrashers for a couple of seasons, previously took Chicago wolves to a few calder finals and won a couple.

I think it would be wise to just stay the course and see what other coaches possibly get let go after the playoffs are over.

All of this Trotz and McLellan talk is getting out of hand.

I agree and appologize for starting the thread. Folks love to speculate.

Archived