The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd McLellan Canucks New Coach?

BurgerKing

... Watch the Rangers win the cup.

SJ's problem is the same as ours. It's not the coach. Hell, they had Robinson for an assistant and still they got lit up at home in game 7. It's the core. And it's injuries.

Yup agreed, I hope people recall how succesfull Edmonton has been changing coaches every year without makign major roster changes

Mike Johnston with Portland.

Also a solid choice, new blood into the pool

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We want nothing to do with the culture of one of the biggest abominations in sports over the last ten years...diving, whining, crying and losing...the epitome of the San Jose Sharks. Let them sit in their own mess.

#wewanttrotz

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We want nothing to do with the culture of one of the biggest abominations in sports over the last ten years...diving, whining, crying and losing...the epitome of the San Jose Sharks. Let them sit in their own mess.

#wewanttrotz

I was with you till the trotz part.

How about Willie Desjardins from the Dallas Stars' farm team. Coach of the year last year in the AHL (rookie season as a head coach in the pros), Texas finished first overall this year too, excellent track record as a junior head coach. Very calm demeanour and treats his players with respect (exactly the kind of personality needed to deal with the circus that has become the Vancouver Canucks). I may be a little biased due to him coaching my hometown junior team (Medicine Hat Tigers) but the guy definitely deserves a shot in the show. He's paid his dues. Linden being a Medicine Hat boy himself I'm sure has his eye on him.

HA!

Thing with Trotz....literally, go back to the handshake line in 2011....Trotz gets to Kesler and says, word for word, "We couldn't f*cking stop you!"...Kesler beamed like a 10 year old. Hamhuis speaks highly of him. And, you have to give the guy credit for doing as much as he did with as little as he had (giving him credit for developing guys like Suter, Weber, etc...). He'd *thrive* in our market, given some money to spend, and guys that will play for him.

I respect your questioning, but....

No Show Joe is a cancer in the locker room. Look at how that clown conducts himself. You simply can't win with that big of a douchenozzle as a captain. Sets a terrible example and makes it almost impossible to hold the rest of the team to uphold basic professional standards. I wouldn't mind McLellan here.

No points in last 4 games

HA!

Thing with Trotz....literally, go back to the handshake line in 2011....Trotz gets to Kesler and says, word for word, "We couldn't f*cking stop you!"...Kesler beamed like a 10 year old. Hamhuis speaks highly of him. And, you have to give the guy credit for doing as much as he did with as little as he had (giving him credit for developing guys like Suter, Weber, etc...). He'd *thrive* in our market, given some money to spend, and guys that will play for him.

I respect your questioning, but....

I respect the hell out of barry, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's going to get through to these spoiled brats.

No Show Joe is a cancer in the locker room. Look at how that clown conducts himself. You simply can't win with that big of a douchenozzle as a captain. Sets a terrible example and makes it almost impossible to hold the rest of the team to uphold basic professional standards. I wouldn't mind McLellan here.

I guess it'll be strokeless in San Jose tonight...

I'd be fine with either Mclellan and his up tempo style or Trotz and his defensive style with great special teams. Both I think could work here in Van. Trotz never had the firepower we have here, and Fisher isn't even in the same league as Kesler. Not to mention I think he'd do a great job at coaching up Corrado and the others.

But this thread is about Mclellan. I honestly wouldn't mind his run and gun style of play as long as we keep our shut down guys like Tanev and Hamhuis around. Loosen the reins on Garrison, Corrado, Bieksa and Edler

If you want playoff choke performances sure sign him up lol.

...take off the blindfolds people, it's the players. And Teddy has a horrible playoff track record but a good regular season record...remind you of someone we used to have? That being said, need a change in the roster/players/core cause thy are clearly the problem and are getting off the hook time again by firing coaches for the players failures.

I dunno, I like his systems and how he uses young players.... but his failure to get a team that is good enough to do anything in the playoffs is concerning. Not sure he'll even be fired, but they have to do something drastic in San Jose after this.

Trotz should get a long look to determine if he is capable of coaching an offensive style, he's known as a defensive coach but i'm not sure he's ever had the chance to play an offensive style. Certainly not in Nashville.

The refs did hand la the series.

If tortz is fired i really think theyd give it to trotz he defines excellence and experience. The fact nashville aurpasses us in the standings should silence any boring defensive system arguments.

Trotz knows the west and would get a lot out of our young players goig forward.

Already liking the new era

Linden

benning

trotz

With horvat coming in starting the new era

Archived