The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 15 Thread

PlayStation

I haven't bought into the rumours of no EASHL thus far but this has me a bit worried:

Box art from Costco's website :mellow:

XBone: http://www.costco.com/NHL-2015-Xbox-One-Video-Game.product.100123482.html

oos350-905940-847__5.jpg

PS4: http://www.costco.com/NHL-15-PlayStation-4-Video-Game.product.100127446.html

Maybe EASHL will be released in an update later on? 2k is doing that with "crew mode" for their NBA game.

Enjoyed the gameplay videos, don't really like the jersey sway they have when the skate, looks very unrealistic. AI looks like its improved a little bit but not much. Enjoying the commentary change up and especially the intros but I don't think it will be too long before its muted, hoping for a fine tune. Graphics looks really good, I did notice some lag/frame rate drop when it cut to crowds, hoping that isn't an issue in the game.

Do we know anything about GM Connected being in the game or not? Me and the boys have been arguing about how if EASHL isn't in then GM Connected won't be either.

I can't find it confirmed that it's in but can't find it saying it's not, was just wondering if anyone had a better idea. We got a $25 buy in at work and 24 guys going in on it, hoping to clean house this year haha.

Thanks in advance guys.

Not really impressed but I'll still buy it. Game play looked slightly more fluid at least but the commentating was painfully awkward and boring. From what I could see the A.I didn't look that bad, most of the big mistakes were from human controlled players. We will know a lot more when we get to play the demo.

Lol, the amount of "AI looks horrible, but Ill still buy it" comments is laughable, and is the reason why these games dont get improved upon...

You people bitch and bitch and bitch, and yet you still drop your money on it. If you really thought this way, save your money... There are other games coming out, in fact... the biggest game of the year comes out the SAME DAY.

Just a thought, I will be buying it, because the presentation looks very good, because GMC (hopefully its still in there) is basically the reason I own an xbox, and I love the NHL series, despite some of its short comings.

Lol, the amount of "AI looks horrible, but Ill still buy it" comments is laughable, and is the reason why these games dont get improved upon...

You people bitch and bitch and bitch, and yet you still drop your money on it. If you really thought this way, save your money... There are other games coming out, in fact... the biggest game of the year comes out the SAME DAY.

Just a thought, I will be buying it, because the presentation looks very good, because GMC (hopefully its still in there) is basically the reason I own an xbox, and I love the NHL series, despite some of its short comings.

EA has a monopoly on the NHL games, so if you want the updated roster and people to play with online you need it. The need for an up to date NHL game is the main reason, which can make the awful AI excusable.

Luckily, EASHL prevents it from being a waste of money.

it's because people on the current gen sold their last gen consoles and need their hockey fix

Archived