The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise says Lucic threatened him during handshake

J529

While I believe Lucic to be an idiot, the actions of Chris Krieder and Brent Seabrook are far more damaging long term.

Yeah Lucic is an ass and a fool, but he'd back up his talk. Kreider is a gutless worm that purposely attacked a goalie, in his net. Knowingly.

Seabrook could have ended Backes career.

Lucic was cowardly in his attack on Dekeyser's nuts and showed poor form in his exchange with Weise and Emelin, but neither action changed the series.

I truly hope Krieder gets his bell rung and is out for the remainder of the playoffs.

While I believe Lucic to be an idiot, the actions of Chris Krieder and Brent Seabrook are far more damaging long term.

Yeah Lucic is an ass and a fool, but he'd back up his talk. Kreider is a gutless worm that purposely attacked a goalie, in his net. Knowingly.

Lucic was cowardly in his attack on Dekeyser's nuts and showed poor form in his exchange with Weise and Emelin, but neither action changed the series.

I truly hope Krieder gets his bell rung and is out for the remainder of the playoffs.

I love Kreider. I'm hoping Kassian can reach his level eventually

Lucic also headshotted Miller a few years ago with obvious attempt to injure. He should have received a lifetime ban for that cheapshot.

Lucic also headshotted Miller a few years ago with obvious attempt to injure. He should have received a lifetime ban for that cheapshot.

Yea that was way worse than the Kreider baseball slide. Lucic's attack was assault. Probably should have been convicted for that. Ridiculous

They were discussing this on a TSN panel today....said it was ignorant and that, in cases like that, it's best for the player with a grudge to just fore go the whole handshake line up vs spewing it out as Lucic did. Very disgusted in how he conducted himself and the consensus was there's no place for it. Unfortunately, I had to leave, but they were going into the whole "are the handshakes antiquated?" topic.

I don't think so. I think it's a traditional show of respect and sportsmanship that is closure after a game but, most importantly, a series. Sure, rivalries are born out of those intense series, but continue on ice when things resume...at the point of handshakes, it's all been said and done until the next puck drop.

I think we could do without them. After hearing Kane mic'd up at the handshake, you can hear just how pointless the whole thing is. Its guys simply briefly shaking hands and muttering a couple of words to each other (which I doubt they even mean). There was nothing meaningful said during the entire lineup. I think the players just view it as chore they have to get out of the way before leaving the ice. Based on my experience playing, no one on the losing side is keen on congratulating the winners and wishing luck to them.

funny how markov chirped lucic first in the handshake line but lucic didnt go running to the media about that.. but no one here hates markov because he never beat us for the cup so that will just fly under the radar... just like how crosby gets little hate for the same low blows and cross checking a guy in a scrum when hes already down.... but if it was a boston player they are scum of the earth....

I watched the game on an NBC broadcast.

Even Millbury and Keith Jones did a dbl take, and replayed Lucic going through the handshake line 4 and 5 times. They made note he had intense discissions with Emmelin and Weise in the line up. Then replayed Weise mocking Lucic during the series and taking note that Lucic would have been annoyed. It was not the time to be at his intimidating best.

But they, and they are (particularly Millbury) often accused of being very pro Boston, absolutely ripped Lucic! Suggested he could skip the line up and formalities if he was not up to the appropriate sportsmanship and respect.

This was before news broke that Weise let out what might have happened. And Lucic complained Weise was a baby, that what happened on the ice should stay on the ice.

My point is it was a story before Weise commented on it.

When Lucic ran Buffalo's goalie, it was worse. Less damage, but more intentional...

And this thread is about Lucic???

I dont see Kreider doing anything more than going hard to the net, and spilling. Lucic took the trouble to take a free shot.

for what? Going hard to the net and being tripped from behind? You can't honestly think that was intentional can you?

Lucic doesn't know why he did it. It was in heat of the moment :rolleyes:

Weise says Lucic threatened him in the handshake and said something similarly threatening to Emelin. Emotional series ends with tough words.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 15m

Dale Weise accuses Lucic of being classless and disrespectful with his comments in the handshake. Won't say what was said

rumour has it i was along the lines of "im going to fuckin kill you next season" if this is true i hope some serious repercussion comes his way(it wont, he plays for boston angels")

either way, I've always loved the handshake tradition, not just for the respect and sportsmanship it displays but it shows that even though it was a bitter rival and heated series, respect is given to both teams by both teams at the end ofit all. It also leaves great impression upon the young fans of the sport. What other sport displays such sportsmanship, class, and respect to the kids watching on a ritual basis like the handshake tradition of the NHL? The handshake line teaches the young impressionable kids that no matter how upset you may be no matter how much you hate the other guy, you suck it up, give him what he deserves/earned, and move on.

I have lived in the states a majority of my life now and have grown up watching the great chicago bulls in their MJ dynasty days and many of the great NFL teams over the last 2 decades, there is no sport popular in north america that has better role models than the NHL. What Lucic allegedly did is the bottom of the barrel scum, most classless act someone can do, I expect better even out of Boston. I only say alleged because its unkown what he really said, he has admitted to saying something though.

rumour has it i was along the lines of "im going to frackin kill you next season" if this is true i hope some serious repercussion comes his way(it wont, he plays for boston angels")

either way, I've always loved the handshake tradition, not just for the respect and sportsmanship it displays but it shows that even though it was a bitter rival and heated series, respect is given to both teams by both teams at the end ofit all. It also leaves great impression upon the young fans of the sport. What other sport displays such sportsmanship, class, and respect to the kids watching on a ritual basis like the handshake tradition of the NHL? The handshake line teaches the young impressionable kids that no matter how upset you may be no matter how much you hate the other guy, you suck it up, give him what he deserves/earned, and move on.

I have lived in the states a majority of my life now and have grown up watching the great chicago bulls in their MJ dynasty days and many of the great NFL teams over the last 2 decades, there is no sport popular in north america that has better role models than the NHL. What Lucic allegedly did is the bottom of the barrel scum, most classless act someone can do, I expect better even out of Boston. I only say alleged because its unkown what he really said, he has admitted to saying something though.

Thanks for the perspective .. I appreciate hearing opinions from those who live outside BC .. it must be a different view in many ways .. all knowledge is good knowledge ..

" :lol: .. I love it when a common cause unites us all .. we should all pull together like this for our team next year .. just support every player and give them the benefit of the doubt .. +1."

This would indeed be refreshing. I am looking forward to a season of harmony. Apologies for the butchery :)

"All across Canuck nation such a strange vibration

Linden's devotion
There's a whole generation with a new expectation
Linden's devotion, BC in motion"

Players can be mad. If you don't think the Canucks are pissed after being eliminated, you don't know professional athletes.

The difference is some players can actually control their emotions, and not act like whiny adolescents.

Disrespecting your opponents after they beat you is probably the worst way to lose.

I think Canucks-fans are pissed...that they didnt get their SC-series ref'd like this one was.

And we are glad that the hypo-crites wearing Bruins' jersies are being exposed now...probably because they are playing another O-6 from the east... rather than a team of western-upstarts with a GM out of favor with the NHL's power-brokers. Hell, even CBC had their contractually entrenched Bruins-fan, Don Cherry, standing-up each night, attempting to villify the saintly, Sedins! Do you not think Weise was aware of that freakin' history?! Weise, when cornered & asked point blank, gave them the facts but minimally. Why should HE be the one, shielding Lucic, or any other Bruins player....from the consequences of the truth. Burr briefly revealed Auger's pre-game threats in a post game scrum while he was riding a bike, during a very emotional time too,...& his revelations eventually lead to 1 rotten apple being pitched from the barrel. Burr's a sincere guy and that revelation was for the good of the game, right?

Lucic's comments & his earlier demonstrations of dishonorable conduct during that series, asks that entire screwy NHL fraternity...to re-consider in-sufferable Bruins' entitlement to use tactics that go way beyond what any league worth its' salt should condone or tolerate. Sadly for 'Nucks-fans, those in power & their eastern media propaganda machine....were extremely united in their efforts to shield the Chairman's team from justice or criticism of any kind in 2011.

Archived