The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise says Lucic threatened him during handshake

J529

I'm a little surprised Weise didn't just keep it in the handshake line. His team did get to move on after all. Then I remember that it's Dale Weise.

One man's word. Unless somebody else confirms it, who cares?

Hell, even if somebody else does, who cares? It's an emotional series in a rough game. It's like when people went nuts over Keith going 'wakey wakey Backes'...it's not like these guys all love each other.

I think Lucic did in his post-game scrum actually. He was asked about it and called out Weise for being a baby for bringing it up... or something. Speculating here on what wasn't said but there was no denial from Lucic himself.

It's a matter of respect when it comes down to it, and Lucic clearly has none for his opponents here. Players don't have to like everyone else (in fact, that would suck) but the least they could have is a little respect.

Have no reason to disbelieve it... not exactly an organization brimming with class.

They are sore winners, so presumably even worse losers.

Bruins have a storied history and a lot of great players. Why do they have to ruin it with guys like Lucic, Marchand and Thornton?

I guess the apple doesnt fall from the tree. Claude Julien whines like a baby when things dont go his way.

Oh Lucic, doing what you do best......pissing off Canuck fans.

Sorry who's pissed off? Sounds to me like its lucic..

I think most Canuvks fans are happy as could be right about now that the Bs got their comeuppance.

I'm sure these types of things happen in hockey all the time. If not now, it would have been next year. Classless, but I'm sure is nothing new to players.

What I'm more concerned about is how Chara scored in his own net off that play! Hahahahahahahah what a sucker!

On a side note, on the bruins forum they are crucifying Iginla, so much hate directed towards him its sad.

Which is silly, considering he scored their only goal and almost tied it up for them. None of their other guys stepped up.

Hopefully he gets out of there so I can start liking him again.

Archived