The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WcF: Chicago Blackhawks vs Los Angeles Kings

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both Mitchell and Regehr, two of their top 4, are injured. Not to mention Doughty has been rumored to be injured and getting treatment between periods(although the way he's playing, you'd have a hard time being able to tell)

Well, Doughty was playing pretty hurt last year, Stoll and Richards each battled concussion issues, Mitchell was gone, Brown playing was injured and Kopitar might've been (I can't imagine why he was so invisible last year).

They're healthier, and the more important players are healthier.

Blackhawks in 7, they put an end to the King's recent streak of squeaking out series wins. But I have a feeling whoever comes out as the winner in the west takes the cup, I just don't see any of the eastern teams taking out either of the western ones.

Marion Gaborik is exactly what the Kings were missing. They have three deadly lines that can play any game they want. The Kings have the most depth down the middle by far. Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll. Their D is still rock solid without two vets available. Kopitar is looking like the third best center in the league behind Crosby and Toews. Actually he's the best center so far these playoffs.

Marion Gaborik is exactly what the Kings were missing. They have three deadly lines that can play any game they want. The Kings have the most depth down the middle by far. Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll. Their D is still rock solid without two vets available. Kopitar is looking like the third best center in the league behind Crosby and Toews. Actually he's the best center so far these playoffs.

Perfect post i agree 100%

Kings in 6. Remember chicago had alot of problems with a lower level wild team. LA on chicago level but i think this time have better matchups

I hate both teams pasionatly and hope this series never happen. Think i hate LA less

I think the Kings will prevail when all's said and done, but predicting 6/7 games. Agreed with what others have said about the impact that Gabby's had for the Kings, since they have a quick-strike forward to balance their systematic, structured style, plus their scoring depth is pretty lethal:

Gabby - Kopi - Williams
King - Carter - Brown
Pearson - Richards - Toffoli
Clifford - Stoll - Lewis

Of course, I'm not discounting the likes of Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, Hossa, Crawford and Bickell, and seeing how they beat the Bruins last season I think they can beat the similarly styled Kings, although again the completeness and overall depth, plus the resiliency on the Kings might be too much if they bring it on a consistent level because they can beat you in so many ways (physical play, defensive styled, run-and-gun...). If Quick settles down for good and the rumored injured guys can come back I think the Kings'll be tough to beat.

Good luck Eastern Conference champ! (Rooting Habs from the East)

Toews in 5. By the end of this season, he'll have won 3 cups and 2 olympic golds.

The Hawks' core has proven everything they've needed to prove and then some. This season, they beat the mighty blues and asserted their dominance against the wild. They can play and compete with any style. They don't back down from any physicality and they have the speed and skill to match anyone.

So excited to see the 2 most resiliant teams in the NHL go at it

Go toews go

As a Nuck fan I hate both these teams. As a hockey fan I would rather see Chicago win the series. Imo Chicago plays a far more interesting game than LA and I would rather other teams emulate CHI over LA.

Given that...Chicago in 7

Archived