The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Bruins could be looking to move Brad Marchand

The embellishing, the post-whistle incendiary and perpetually enjoying on the sting has placed him on the NHL officials’ watch list, and that’s not an honest factor. It’s one thing that Claude Julien and Peter Chiarelli have detected within the previous couple of years. Here are some quotes from both the coach and the GM; could Chiarelli possibly be looking to move Marchand?:

“Every year I seem to have this comment about him finding a balance between being an irritant/agitator and a real good player. I think sometimes his antics get in the way. This has been a discussion I’ve had, we’ve had, Claude’s [Julien] has had over the course of three, four, five years,” said Chiarelli. “It’s a challenge for Brad [Marchand] to play that aggressive way, and not to cross the line. You’ve heard this from me a lot. If those were reputation calls I’d be disappointed, but sometimes that’s the reality.

“We both had productive [exit] meetings with Brad [brad Marchand]. He scored 25 goals and he thought he had a bad year. That’s where he puts his expectations and we talked about that other stuff, and we had productive conversation. I don’t know what it is, but we have to dial back some of that [extracurricular] stuff, and that includes Marchy [brad Marchand].”

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/haggerty-pondering-future-marchand

Not any different than the conversations our organization has had to have over the last few years with Burr, Kes, Lappy...etc.

As we've seen with some of these types of players, there comes a point of diminishing return whereby reputation calls start to hurt the team and where teammates begin tiring of that act.

Move him to Siberia, where he belongs.

He was dreadful in the last few games he played...showed that he disintegrates when his weasel act isn't working. Was so off. Good luck with that, Brad.

and what exactly have Siberians done to deserve that?

Don't want him anywhere near our team. Our reputation with the officials is already a joke, he'd hurt us way more than help us. A million times NO THANKS

He would be a perfect fit in Montreal .. just what those Leaf fans deserve, a reason to hate all Hab fans AND supporters .. let's give em a bloody good reason to 'hate .. :lol:

Bet he wouldn't pull all of the antics he does when he doesn't have Chara, Lucic and Thornton backing him up.

I suspect you're right. A big man with the big men backing him up but, on his own, would likely run and hide. It's how he rolls.....

Archived