The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Botchford] Kesler gave a list of 6 (revisited)

Botch has a job for the same reason Dan Russell did for so many years, people love to look at a car crash This guy is useless, a fool, and simply has found a niche being one (either he's acting or just lucked out that today's society is enthralled with Jersey Shore type entertainment, which he suits wonderfully). Tampa, Detroit, Colorado, Anaheim, Chicago, and Pittsburgh - easy guesses not something he knows because he has inside info. 1. We all know the last three are facts 2. First three simply educated guesses. Tampa needs a real number 1 center, he's from Michigan, and Colorado could use a vet like him as they progress through the next development stage (ie he becomes their captain immediately).

Same list that was being shopped around the deadline.

The three best fits are Pittsburgh, Anaheim & Colorado.

Anaheim would have to overpay to keep him in the division. TDL rumours were Etem + 1st + Smith-Pelly. But hearing that D-SP changed some hearts during the playoffs and may stay.

Pittsburgh seems to be ready to give up Pouliot. But not sure if Sutter + 1st will be enough compared to the other offers. If there is any truth to the James Neal rumours I would love to see him & Edler involved.

Colorado - my favourite option. People are talking about Statsny but I think the playoffs helped his case. O'Reily is more likely. There might be bitter feelings left over from the last contract negotiation. Especially if you believe he felt a little burned when they gave the C to Landeskog instead of him. He has tremendous potential & a friendly contract.

:picard:

Maybe I should explain myself...not so great foot speed. Okay defensively, big shot. Only difference is one got used more than the other, so Garry got more points. Neither are capable of being a swift skating puck moving defenseman, ergo, one has to go. Too much money sunk into them.

Botch has a job for the same reason Dan Russell did for so many years, people love to look at a car crash This guy is useless, a fool, and simply has found a niche being one (either he's acting or just lucked out that today's society is enthralled with Jersey Shore type entertainment, which he suits wonderfully). Tampa, Detroit, Colorado, Anaheim, Chicago, and Pittsburgh - easy guesses not something he knows because he has inside info. 1. We all know the last three are facts 2. First three simply educated guesses. Tampa needs a real number 1 center, he's from Michigan, and Colorado could use a vet like him as they progress through the next development stage (ie he becomes their captain immediately).

Careful now, this type of logic is guaranteed to fry some minds :)

Because he'll be 1.5-2 million cheaper, and only have a 2 year commitment?

Only really a possibility if they re-sign Stastny and need to worry about cap though.

Was the whole issue with ROR's holdout not salary? I doubt he'll be cheaper for long, but I would still do that deal.

Kesler for

TB- Drouin and Thompson (Shinkaruk included)

CHI- Shaw, Bollig and Morin

DET- Tatar and Helm

COL- ROR rights, Elliott and Parenteau (Edler included)

PIT- Maata and Bennett

ANH- Bonino, Silfverberg and ANH 1st

Kesler for

TB- Drouin and Thompson (Shinkaruk included)

(interesting idea and similar to one I had which was Edler, Shinkaruk, and a 2nd for Drouin instead)

CHI- Shaw, Bollig and Morin

(Huge underpayment by Chicago. If they want Kesler Teravainen will have to be included)

DET- Tatar and Helm

(Not bad. If we can get a 2nd I'd do it)

COL- ROR rights, Elliott and Parenteau (Edler included)

(This one I really like)

PIT- Maata and Bennett

(I think if Pittsburgh really wants Kes they'll offer something like this)

ANH- Bonino, Silfverberg and ANH 1st

(Change the 1st to Ottawa's 1st and it's a done deal. Add a guy like Hansen if necessary)

If we trade Kes, I would really love to ship him off to the east. Keeping him in the west could somewhat be a nightmare.

Yeah, I can't see him being dealt to Anaheim, even though I want some of their pieces. Already pretty big and mean and tough to play against. Are we really gonna make that worse?! A smart GM would send him east, if he is looking to be traded.

Never happened. Botchford have no crediblity. The root of all Kesler rumors came from Louis Jean, who started it, and it never stopped from there. Kesler never asked for a trade, confirmed by himself, and Mike Gillis.

Bill Clinton also stated that he did not have sexual relations with that woman so I'm not sure who I believe The whole team must feel a little uneasy right now with a new helmsman.

Seriously though, I do agree that Botchford is garbage.

33 days to the draft. It's better than Christmas.

If Kesler does not want out then what was he talking about in the bars over in Sochi? That was reported by more than a few people who heard him. Must have been the beer talkin!

To suggest he does not want to move on ignores one of Benning's first priorities calling Kesler. He stated that in his Q&A on Friday. PR is a big thing both for the Canucks and Kesler. Perception is truth so Kesler has to worry about how he is received by players and fans no matter where he ends up.

Kesler wants a cup, this team will not get one before his contract expires, so the right thing and smart thing to do strategically is move him now. He won't resign with us if we're not damn close which in 2 years we won't be. If we wait till next year's deadline, he'll only have one year left on his contract, so we won't get as much and if we're in the hunt, we'll find a way not to do it. It's time for kesler to be moved, along with one of Hansen/Higgins and Edler. Simple

Never happened. Botchford have no crediblity. The root of all Kesler rumors came from Louis Jean, who started it, and it never stopped from there. Kesler never asked for a trade, confirmed by himself, and Mike Gillis.

Botch has no credibility but you do? It has been reported by multiple sources that Kesler wants out. Benning wasn't going to come in a downplay Kesler, it's one if his only good trade chips. I hope they do trade him, too much drama and arrogance.

Obviously there is an issue here. If there wasn't an issue, Linden and Benning would both say, I don't know what you guys are talking about, Kesler is a canuck and he wants to stay that way; they wouldn't say, I have to talk to him to see where he's at.

Archived