The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Botchford] Kesler gave a list of 6 (revisited)

This kinda sucks. I like Kesler, but if he wants out best do it now that he has trade value. Despite his past 'injuries' he was healthy this year and played fairly well considering how the entire team played.

I hope we can get a good trade for now and the future. Re-tool/Re-build whatever you want to call it suck, but I would like to see some good hockey while waiting for the future. Just like Detroit seems to do.

Kesler played top two minutes in the league after Crosby. The more Kesler plays, the less the team scores.

Kesler played top two minutes in the league after Crosby. The more Kesler plays, the less the team scores.

Kesler sure knows how to put up points at the expense of making everyone look bad. Great way to make yourself look valuable...

Kesler sure knows how to put up points at the expense of making everyone look bad. Great way to make yourself look valuable...

Yep. Dead on. He gets his 25 goals playing more than anyone in the NHL besides Crosby but he doesn't pass. The whole team suffers.

When he went down with injury, the team played much better. Reminds me of when Iginla left Calgary. As a team, they started to play better.

Obviously there is an issue here. If there wasn't an issue, Linden and Benning would both say, I don't know what you guys are talking about, Kesler is a canuck and he wants to stay that way; they wouldn't say, I have to talk to him to see where he's at.

Exactly.

Trade him where we get the best return. Period!

I probably wouldn't trade him to California unless the return is crazy good, anywhere else in the West doesn't matter as much as we don't play non-divisional teams nearly as often under the new alignment.

Obviously there is an issue here. If there wasn't an issue, Linden and Benning would both say, I don't know what you guys are talking about, Kesler is a canuck and he wants to stay that way; they wouldn't say, I have to talk to him to see where he's at.

And you are a mind reader?

All of you can go round and round saying they heard, he heard, she heard, in a bar, in the locker room, on and on.............

Until I hear it from Ryan Kesler or Canucks management, then it is not credible..........

and..especially..not from Botch's donkey mouth or rear end :rolleyes:

I probably wouldn't trade him to California unless the return is crazy good, anywhere else in the West doesn't matter as much as we don't play non-divisional teams nearly as often under the new alignment.

I don't think it really matters since Kesler is 29 and a UFA in 2 years.

I don't think a deal with Anaheim would come back to haunt us as much as it could come back to haunt them.

Have heard a few different times now that he is not well appreciated by ownership. I know they didnt want to trade him but its obvious he's rocking the boat in some way which is why linden is treating him with kid gloves.

I think a trade is pretty likely.

Everything management is saying about him seems like they're trying to build up his stock.

And you are a mind reader?

All of you can go round and round saying they heard, he heard, she heard, in a bar, in the locker room, on and on.............

Until I hear it from Ryan Kesler or Canucks management, then it is not credible..........

and..especially..not from Botch's donkey mouth or rear end :rolleyes:

actually i just listen to the videos with Linden and Benning both saying, we need to sit down with Kesler and see where he's at. If there wasn't an issue, why would they repeat that quote multiple times?

So until I hear from Linden or Benning, that Kesler is happy in Vancouver and wants to remain a Canuck, the evidence is clearly in the way of Kesler having concerns with his future.

You would honestly trade him somewhere when the return isn't as good? Only for 2 years as a division rival. Unless he resigns and he could do that as a UFA anyways

You would honestly trade him somewhere when the return isn't as good? Only for 2 years as a division rival. Unless he resigns and he could do that as a UFA anyways

I wouldn't of traded Schneider to Edmonton instead of New Jersey just because they were throwing in an insignificant asset

So you are saying you'd trade Kesler to Anaheim over Pittsburgh if the only difference was a 4th round pick? or some crappy 4th liner you didn't really want?

Part of you getting better is, you getting better in comparison to your competition. If the other team gets significantly better, have you really gotten any better?

If the teams in California sucked this year, would the Canucks still have missed the playoffs?

You can't just look at your team. Unless an overpayment is coming significantly better than any other offer, you can't trade Kesler to California. Getting better is always relative to what your competition is doing.

I wouldn't of traded Schneider to Edmonton instead of New Jersey just because they were throwing in an insignificant asset

So you are saying you'd trade Kesler to Anaheim over Pittsburgh if the only difference was a 4th round pick? or some crappy 4th liner you didn't really want?

Part of you getting better is, you getting better in comparison to your competition. If the other team gets significantly better, have you really gotten any better?

If the teams in California sucked this year, would the Canucks still have missed the playoffs?

You can't just look at your team. Unless an overpayment is coming significantly better than any other offer, you can't trade Kesler to California. Getting better is always relative to what your competition is doing.

I will agree for a 4th I would go elsewhere. But a second? Nope go there. We realistically aren't competing for a cup next year, so really it is one year of Kesler.

Kesler for Killorn, Kucherov, 3rd

Edler for Khokhlachev, Camara, 3rd

Trade 36th pick, 2x 3rds for 22-26th pick.

Draft Ritchie at 6th, Honka at 22-26th

Khokhlachev, Camara, Killorn, Kucherov, Ritchie, Honka

Retool complete.

Yes please.

Well I think kesler will be traded to whom we dont know but others that could be in the mix to get us more or bigger package aka a big offseason deal are

Burrows,

Higgins,

Booth only if they want us to take a big contract player that underplays we give them one back,

Dalpe,

Richardson,

Schroeder,

Alberts,

Stanton,

Weber,

Markstrom only if a goalie comes back,

Friesen,

Sauve,

I wouldn't add any picks less they are 4th rounder or later!

Maybe make 2 to three deals and reset the team big time and then sign who you can to make us still in the game!

Well I think kesler will be traded to whom we dont know but others that could be in the mix to get us more or bigger package aka a big offseason deal are

Burrows,

Higgins,

Booth only if they want us to take a big contract player that underplays we give them one back,

Dalpe,

Richardson,

Schroeder,

Alberts,

Stanton,

Weber,

Markstrom only if a goalie comes back,

Friesen,

Sauve,

I wouldn't add any picks less they are 4th rounder or later!

Maybe make 2 to three deals and reset the team big time and then sign who you can to make us still in the game!

You know, I don't see us trading or buying out Booth. He had a bad year. With 1 year left, what's the worst that could happen?! I can't see how we couldn't get a late pick for him at this point. Last year on the contract, he's big and fast and we are in a division which has youth who plays big and fast. I would gamble the one year instead of paying him not to play here.

Was the whole issue with ROR's holdout not salary? I doubt he'll be cheaper for long, but I would still do that deal.

ROR's qualifying offer has to be at least 6.5 million (part of the way Calgary structured the offer).

Archived