The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks’ Benning open to upgrading in goal

Jaimito

I think Markstrom will surprise a lot of people next season, he has all the makings of a great goalie but was rushed in his development.

Give Marky some time with Rollie Melanson and he'll come into his own. Lack and Markstrom will push each other next year and we should make a decision either at the deadline or next offseason on who we want to keep.

For anyone who thinks Lack is ready to be the starting goalie is delusional

Depends on what the goals are for next season. If the Canucks are going to inject some youth into the lineup and allow them to blossom through some struggles, Lack will grow along with them and Markstrom too for that matter.

If we are setting our sights on the cup for next season an upgrade in Goal will definitely be necessary.

I think I would like to see one more season where the Nucks get a high draft pick, and off load all the Vets we can get a good return for.

Depends on what the goals are for next season. If the Canucks are going to inject some youth into the lineup and allow them to blossom through some struggles, Lack will grow along with them and Markstrom too for that matter.

If we are setting our sights on the cup for next season an upgrade in Goal will definitely be necessary.

I think I would like to see one more season where the Nucks get a high draft pick, and off load all the Vets we can get a good return for.

I'd rather see them spend that money upgrading our D and/or forwards. Both will serve us better in both "blossoming" and any potential playoff runs IMO.

I have zero issues with Lack being "the guy" next season. Playoffs or otherwise.

I rather have both goalies work with Rollie and see how their progress is within this year before we do anything to our goalie situation. Last thing we want is another goalie situation where we alienate both of them to the point where they don't want to play in Vancouver.

I believe we should stay put with lack and markstrom there two very promising goalies with little NHL experience, as long as our D doesn't collapse they'll be fine. No use in signing a veteran goalie for aa big chunk of capspace. I have full confidence with the guys in the crease and I think they'd do just fine in the playoffs

For anyone who thinks Lack is ready to be the starting goalie is delusional

i remember many people barking the same thing about Schnieder

Lack is ready but needs a veteran backup to ease the stress and pressure and help him transition to the role

He has the technical capability (actually better) of Schneider and the size of Lou. If you knew anything about goaltending you'd get that he actually has the potential to be better than both of those goalies.

However, being a goalie in the NHL, and especially in Vancouver is probably one of the most pressure filled roles in pro sports, as such having a calming veteran presence behind you is helpful.

He is ready to start, he is simply not ready to be a 65-70 game starter, 50-55 is more reasonable.

I have the feeling that one of our goaltenders will be unloaded to another team as a part of a trade. It's good to have competition but it feels like we are in a logjam now with Markström joining as well. I think Markström has huge upside and probably more potential than Eddie. Rollie will do wonders with the kid because he has the raw talent but doesn't have that structured game that Rollie teaches his goalies.

Markström for his own development needs to be with Rollie, so does Lack.

I don't think either goalie has anything to learn in the AHL but bringing in a veteran would also be a needed move.

It's a difficult situation.

Archived