The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

Not qualifying Schroeder would be dumb.

The Leblanc trade shows we could get at least a 5th round pick for him.

A 5th round pick can have value if you have a GM that knows how to use it. Corrado and Bieksa are good examples of that.

So... we either ship out his rights as part of a trade before we have to qualify him (the day after draft day I think). Or we don't qualify him.

In either case, I firmly believe that he will not be part of our organization next season. If for some reason we can't pull the trigger on the trades we need to (Benning is a new GM, so no one knows how he will be at trading)... then there is a slight chance we qualify him because we don't have better options.

Been told the #Canucks will try and move former 1st round draft pick Jordan Schroeder before and at the NHL Draft.

Looks like Googs is off the mark on his ranting.

Probably best for him to be packaged out East.

A package of Tanev or Hansen + Schroeder for a decent top 6 prospect could be attractive to a team needing a solid RHD or a good two way 3rd liner. Adding Schroeder (who still could become a decent top 6 player in his own right) would somewhat mitigate losing a currently better/bigger forward.

Could also be packaged or alone for picks.

i see him as being similar to Grabner. A change of scenery and new environment might light a fire under his ass, wake him up and make him realize he is about to bust.

Unfortunately i don't see him succeeding here. Just like Grabner never would have if he stayed.

i see him as being similar to Grabner. A change of scenery and new environment might light a fire under his ass, wake him up and make him realize he is about to bust.

Unfortunately i don't see him succeeding here. Just like Grabner never would have had that one good season if he stayed.

FTFY :P

I don't mind if we trade him. But not for a bag of pucks. If we get something in return and not a draft pick but a good defenseman prospect that would be ok. I just hate giving our first rounders away especially when we haven't given him a full season.

I don't mind if we trade him. But not for a bag of pucks. If we get something in return and not a draft pick but a good defenseman prospect that would be ok. I just hate giving our first rounders away especially when we haven't given him a full season.

He will have close to zero return, he will either be put in a package with another player to even out how many contracts are going each way, or be sent out for a very late round pick.

He will have close to zero return, he will either be put in a package with another player to even out how many contracts are going each way, or be sent out for a very late round pick.

Yeah, but it will also give the man a new chance. We'll get something in return and he'll get a fresh start. Betterthan burying him in the minors or bundesliga a la Patrick Whitefor no return at all. With how I (selfish and ignorant at the moment) see it, he won't fit our roster this fall anyways.

Yeah, but it will also give the man a new chance. We'll get something in return and he'll get a fresh start. Betterthan burying him in the minors or bundesliga a la Patrick Whitefor no return at all. With how I (selfish and ignorant at the moment) see it, he won't fit our roster this fall anyways.

Pat White and pieces gave us Ehrhoff in a trade.

If Schroeder could be flipped into Ehrhoff? By all means, sign me up.

Hes only 23 give me a break. He deserves one more year at least being healthy unlike last year. We arent winning any cups next year anyways so why not give him some development time on the 2nd line.

Horvat is MUCH better than him. Horvat is taking the 2nd line centre spot and he doesn't plan on letting a complete bust with injury problems take it away from him.

Horvat is MUCH better than him. Horvat is taking the 2nd line centre spot and he doesn't plan on letting a complete bust with injury problems take it away from him.

Horvat might be back in junior next year...Theres no gauruntee that he'll even make the 3rd line..Not to say that he won't be a decent player,but CDC really has to temper their expectations..

So why trade him? He hasn't had much of a shot here and we're talking about moving one of our centers, while having to re-sign another?

Yet everyone seems to think that dumping a former first round pick for nothing is a smart hockey move? I'm having a hard time figuring this one out.

Horvat might be back in junior next year...Theres no gauruntee that he'll even make the 3rd line..Not to say that he won't be a decent player,but CDC really has to temper their expectations..

Exactly why do we persist in believing that all Canucks draft choices are going to have a very succesful career ahead of them....sure we'd LIKE them to goes without saying but and expectation :picard:

Remember 66% of 1st round picks go on to having a career in the NHL...the success deminishes the lower in the draft they go. If you're a top 5 pick likely 100%, 5-15 maybe a 70% chnace and below that maybe a 25% chnace

Archived