The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

I wonder if this could be why they've been having extended meetings with Kesler? Perhaps there's a Florida offer and they wanna sell it to Ryan.

No doubt if Tallon is looking to shop the pick for win now vets, Kesler would be better than anything else he could get.

It really isn't that bad from keslers point of view. Florida isn't in complete disarray like buffalo. They just got the go ahead to spend money, got a franchise goalie and loads of young talent. Another move or 2 and they could be in the mix. Tallon has 2 yrs to get something going for him or he can walk.

To Ana:

Kesler

To Buff:

Etem, 10th overall, rights to Jordan schroeder

To Van:

2nd overall, Ana 2014 1st

2nd overall draft Reinhart

6th overall draft Nylander

Center future:

Nylander 1st line. Reinhart second line. Horvat 3rd line.

I think this is the best proposal so far.

Kesler will not waive his NTC to go to one of the top 5 teams.

Buf gets some nice pieces, but might demand the 6th over the 10th.

I think JB would choose Virtanen over Nylander if he has the chance.

I wonder if this could be why they've been having extended meetings with Kesler? Perhaps there's a Florida offer and they wanna sell it to Ryan.

No doubt if Tallon is looking to shop the pick for win now vets, Kesler would be better than anything else he could get.

It really isn't that bad from keslers point of view. Florida isn't in complete disarray like buffalo. They just got the go ahead to spend money, got a franchise goalie and loads of young talent. Another move or 2 and they could be in the mix. Tallon has 2 yrs to get something going for him or he can walk.

An interesting thought. I know nothing of the ambitions and motives of hockey players but I have to admit, going to an up and coming team like florida is not a bad option. Plus it's florida....pretty awesome if you ask me. Kesler, consult with your family and get it done!

Dream Scenario:

Edler to Detroit for Mantha straight up

Hansen + Booth to NYI for 2nd

Kesler + 2nd + 2nd to TB for Drouin

then draft Ritchie

Ritchie Drouin Mantha

Shinkaruk Henrik Kassian

That is my dream too. I have been a big fan of Mantha since before he was drafted and Drouin... That's a hell of a dream!

I LOVE how in one page of a thread

Kesler is worth more than just the 1st because the 1st is JUST a prospect and a risk

Yet not a few posts later Kesler is maybe worth Mantha (a prospect) straight up, but we might have to add to get him.

Stay intelligent CDC

Dream Scenario:

Edler to Detroit for Mantha straight up

Hansen + Booth to NYI for 2nd

Kesler + 2nd + 2nd to TB for Drouin

then draft Ritchie

Ritchie Drouin Mantha

Shinkaruk Henrik Kassian

That is a dream alright, so far gone from reality

To Ana:

Kesler

To Buff:

Etem, 10th overall, rights to Jordan schroeder

To Van:

2nd overall, Ana 2014 1st

2nd overall draft Reinhart

6th overall draft Nylander

Center future:

Nylander 1st line. Reinhart second line. Horvat 3rd line.

I would do this.

I LOVE how in one page of a thread

Kesler is worth more than just the 1st because the 1st is JUST a prospect and a risk

Yet not a few posts later Kesler is maybe worth Mantha (a prospect) straight up, but we might have to add to get him.

Stay intelligent CDC

I believe it read "Edler for Mantha"

I believe it read "Edler for Mantha"

I am referring to a previous post, but even then i'd still be wanting a 2nd back as well. I find it mind boggling that people claim prospects are risks or that our star caliber players are worthless yet will put prospects or players of lesser status on other teams so far above everything else

Dream scenario...

Benning moves up to get Reinhart without trading our 6th.

Burke picks Virtanen at 4th

we get Dal Colle or Draisaitl at 6th!!!!

Shinkaruk - Reinhart - Kassian

Fox - Draisaitl - Jensen

:frantic:

No.

Dream scenario here:

Benning gets the first overall for a 7th round pick, the 2nd overall for Hansen, then the 10th overall and 24th for Sauve.

We pick

Ekblad

Reinhart

Ritchie

Virtanen

Tuch

One can Only dream

I know it would be hard to retain the 6th and move up for SR, but it is possible I guess provided Kesler is involved, and is willing to waive his NTc to go to FLA, or BUFF.

To Buffalo:

Kesler, 36th, Schroeder, 2015 2nd

To Van:

2nd overall

Future Canucks:

Shinkaruk Reinhart Kassian

Nylander Horvat Jensen

Gaunce Cassels Fox

Thats a big, skilled, two way line up.

Giving up way too much I think.

I am referring to a previous post, but even then i'd still be wanting a 2nd back as well. I find it mind boggling that people claim prospects are risks or that our star caliber players are worthless yet will put prospects or players of lesser status on other teams so far above everything else

I agree. That's one of the reasons I don't post on HF boards anymore. Everyone tries to devalue your star players and praise prospects. Now, I love Mantha and Drouin and would make moves to acquire them but people thinking that Kesler isn't worth much more than a 2014 first on a B or C prospect are our to lunch.

I'll tell you how you get it done.

--------------Trade 1----------------

To Buff: Edler, Higgins/Burrows, Schroeder, 3rd round pick

• Alex Edler - veteran defensman with all star potential if put in the right situation. Christian Ehrhoff wouldn't mind playing with Edler again.
  • Chris Higgins/Alex Burrows - Another veteran forward to complement their young core. I'd prefer if they took higgins, but Burrows is still doable.
  • Jordan Schroeder - 22 year old equal to a b level prospect to still add a young role player piece to their core. He's got a some games under his belt so he could make an impact if given the chance. (looks like the fans don't want him here anyway)
  • 3rd Round - Just an added bonus to seal it.
To Van: 2nd overall
  • 2nd overall - Sam Reinhart.

--------------Trade 2----------------

To Win: Markstrom, Hansen, 6th overall

• Jacob Markstrom - Winnipeg gets a 24 year old young goaltender who could potentially be their number 1 this season. The Winnipeg fans want Pavalec gone, and their not too hot on Montoya either. Yeah they could go to free agency, but it would be wise to take a 24 year old with that potential either way.
  • Jannik Hansen - speedy third line veteran that can up his game if playing right. Last year he was one of our best players, just not so much this year. Still, on a fairly cheap contract, not bad
  • 6th overall - Winnipeg drafts nik ehlers. Speedy skilled player who could make a major impact. Also from Denmark, can be mentored by Jannik Hansen. Also, Ehlers _____ Hansen, does look like a good speedy wing combo.
To Van: Morrissey, 9th overall
  • Josh Morrissey - Young puck moving defensman that Vancouver fans want so bad. Also, really good friends with Hunter Shinkaruk so they could feed off each other.
  • 9th overall - Draft Virtanen.
--------------End Result----------------

Canucks lose: Edler, Higgins/Burrows, Schroeder, Hansen, Markstrom

Canucks gain: Reinhart, Virtanen, Morrissey. (Most importantly, while keeping Kesler like Benning wants.)

Minor tweaks and I could see these happening.

Hmmm, It's an interesting thought.

I know it would be hard to retain the 6th and move up for SR, but it is possible I guess provided Kesler is involved, and is willing to waive his NTc to go to FLA, or BUFF.

To Buffalo:

Kesler, 36th, Schroeder, 2015 2nd

To Van:

2nd overall

Future Canucks:

Shinkaruk Reinhart Kassian

Nylander Horvat Jensen

Gaunce Cassels Fox

Thats a big, skilled, two way line up.

i love how optimistic our fanbase is that EVERY prospect will pan out.

I'd try to aim for the Islanders 4th overall pick. They need to start winning, and ownership will want success when they move to Brooklyn. If we can get Bennett, Reinhart, or Draisaitl.. i'm happy

Maybe something like this:

Pre-draft:

To Anaheim:

Kesler

3rd rounder

To Van:

Theodore

10th

24th

At draft:

Florida takes Ekblad at 1

To Buffalo:

10th pick we just acquired

Gaunce

Cederholm

To Vancouver:

2nd overall

Picks:

2nd: Reinhart

6th: Virtanen

24th: Sanheim/Honka

We lose Kesler, Gaunce, and Cederholm. We immediately replace Gaunce and Cederholm with better prospects though, and we get great value for Kesler.

Thoughts?

i love how optimistic our fanbase is that EVERY prospect will pan out.

I'd try to aim for the Islanders 4th overall pick. They need to start winning, and ownership will want success when they move to Brooklyn. If we can get Bennett, Reinhart, or Draisaitl.. i'm happy

NYI choose 5th in this years draft.

Any trade where the Canucks give up a high end draft pick should be a no go. It would be nice to move up, but not in a weak draft if you have to give up picks and top prospects. Worst case, I'd be happy with Virtanen at 6th overall. I'd much rather have him than Ritchie. He can do almost everything Ritchie can, plus he is fast and has the best shot in the draft.

Archived