The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

Dream scenario...

Benning moves up to get Reinhart without trading our 6th.

Burke picks Virtanen at 4th

we get Dal Colle or Draisaitl at 6th!!!!

Shinkaruk - Reinhart - Kassian

Fox - Draisaitl - Jensen

:frantic:

Dream Scenario:

Edler to Detroit for Mantha straight up

Hansen + Booth to NYI for 2nd

Kesler + 2nd + 2nd to TB for Drouin

then draft Ritchie

Ritchie Drouin Mantha

Shinkaruk Henrik Kassian

I like the idea of drafting local, but I think we should get Ekblad if we move up. Our D pool is.........

Honestly I know little about either of them though, only what I gather from scouting reports and other posters.. so I really dunno, just think we should focus on D. Our forward prospects aren't all that great either, but we do have some hope there. After Tanev and maybe Corrado... not optimistic on the blue.

I like the idea of drafting local, but I think we should get Ekblad if we move up. Our D pool is.........

Honestly I know little about either of them though, only what I gather from scouting reports and other posters.. so I really dunno, just think we should focus on D. Our forward prospects aren't all that great either, but we do have some hope there. After Tanev and maybe Corrado... not optimistic on the blue.

Exactly. I like Reinhart but Id rather have Ekblad and hope he turns into a number 1 dman.

Our 6th and our 2nd for Edmonton's 1st. Weak draft we get one of Reino or Bennett. Edmonton's gonna want another pick and could select another D-man at 6 with Fleury.

Maybe throw in a pick on Edmonton's side but we don't really need a late pick in a draft this weak and they don't have a 2nd or 3rd.

Realistic, unrealistic? Stupido, dumb?

I really do feel that the Canucks will be a team that will be really exploring trade options and a lot of teams in the top 5 would likely be up for trading down, the least likely being Calgary who need to get more talented prospects. The other teams already have their high end prospects and would likely be looking at getting prospects in return that are more ready for the NHL.

Florida - Interested in Kapanen and Ehlers, both should be available at 6th

Buffalo - Correct me if I am wrong but they were open to trading their first round pick for NHL ready prospects

Edmonton - They need to get some roster players insted of constantly getting these 18 year olds while not having any real veteran leadership around them

New York - Again a team with massive depth in their prospect pool

I can see a scenario like this:

Kesler is traded to Anaheim for 3 pieces, Shea Theodore, 10th overall pick and the 24th overall pick

Vancouver flip the 6th and 10th pick to Buffalo and select Reinhart

With the 24th they select McKeown

36th Lemieux/Sanheim

Boston has serious balls when it comes to trades. I find this very interesting. I just hope it doesn't involve Bo or Kassian.

Although I'm hesitant to wanna overpay, I'm down to look the other way while Benning and Trevor pull the trigger on this one. Let's be Honest, getting Sam Reinhart would be pretty freakin cool.

So go ahead boys you have my blessing on a big splash, please don't make it sting toooo bad.

Boston has Krejci and Bergeron down the middle and it's made them a powerhouse. Having both Reinhart and Bo would be very close to that in a few years imo.

I sure as hell hope JB can do it. You need centres to win and this would be a major move which might not cost too much. Reinhart is the best all around player in the draft and has been compared to the likes of John Tavares. Check this out:

Sounds like a game breaker to me. I'm all in to move up for him if the price is reasonable.

in our situation, no price is put on the importance of being able to select a kid with this much promise. I would gladly drive Kesler to the airport in favor of SR. Horvat and Reinhart played on the same line at WJC.

Who are our dance partners?

Fla? Buf? Edm?

If Sam is available at #4, you can bet your bottom dollar that Calgary selects him to play with brother Max. In fact....I look for Calgary to also be in a position to move up.

Wet dream scenario would be to move up and select Reinhart. Still being able to keep our 6th to select Fluery, Trading Kesler to Anaheim for their 10th and selecting Virtanen.

Hey.....thats MY dream ok?

how fitting would it be for the canucks new regime to begin with their first ever pick, a 2nd overall they were awarded by the spin of a roulette wheel that set the 2nd place tone of the franchise for the next 40+ years, trading the franchise their first ever 1st overall pick at the behest of another 2nd overall pick of the team?

i feel like that was worded awkwardly but makes sense.

how fitting would it be for the canucks new regime to begin with their first ever pick, a 2nd overall they were awarded by the spin of a roulette wheel that set the 2nd place tone of the franchise for the next 40+ years, trading the franchise their first ever 1st overall pick at the behest of another 2nd overall pick of the team?

i feel like that was worded awkwardly but makes sense.

Not gonna lie, as pissed as I'd be checking the tsn alert on my phone that we traded shinkaruk Tanev and the 6th or something insane for Sam Reinhart.. I'd still be like holy crap we got Reinhart, bring on the new era, baby!

Not gonna lie, as pissed as I'd be checking the tsn alert on my phone that we traded shinkaruk Tanev and the 6th or something insane for Sam Reinhart.. I'd still be like holy crap we got Reinhart, bring on the new era, baby!

I think id do jensen tanev 6th. not sure if thats enough though

I think id do jensen tanev 6th. not sure if thats enough though

Yeah it would sting a lot losing 3 young assets eh.. but if it pays off and Reinhart turns into a superstar, I'd say it was worth it in the end.

Really, yeah Tanev totally killed it last year, but we'd get corrado in the nhl. Not as calm and cool as Tanev but he's probably going to put up more points and be good in his own right. Losing Jensen kinda sucks as we finally got a top six youngster in the line up and gotta give him up.. But Kassian is also ready to move up and you could throw Reinhart right up there on the wing too.

I'm seriously down to overpay to get the kid the more I think about it. Just close your eyes and pull the trigger on a high end young centre and find his wingers in a Kesler trade.

Horvat and Reinhart played on the same line a lot during the WJ. Bo was always the center.

Drafting at #6 it would be a stretch to trade up for a Reinhart by using a Kesler trade to acquire another 1st rounder as a 2 pick offer for a 2nd or 3rd place pick. If Van had more depth it might be more realistic to do.

Sure, but this team is no contender either way. A hole on the second line for a year or two for a team that won't win anyway is kinda irrelevant. If Reinhart is the prize, then get him first and worry about lesser things afterwards.

That's why I am in the trade Kesler for package that includes 1st round draft picks camp. If youth can be brought in to fill the gaps, develop the team properly for the future and most importantly, if there is ever a year to have some growing pains in the league it would be next year.

In fact next year I would be 100% ok with a scenario that involves Canucks finishing dead last but with youth taking massive strides...part of that youth taking massive strides could come from finishing dead last next year! ;)

Archived