The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

If they're trading up it should be for Ekblad, not Reinhart. We're going to need a stud defenseman. We've needed one from day one.

I do agree with this, but if we do trade up we should either make another trade to be able to get Reinhart or hope he falls to 6. But I feel like we shoulf focus on forwards this year then trade for defensmen this year and then draft defensmen next year.

Maybe something like this:

Pre-draft:

To Anaheim:

Kesler

3rd rounder

To Van:

Theodore

10th

24th

At draft:

Florida takes Ekblad at 1

To Buffalo:

10th pick we just acquired

Gaunce

Cederholm

To Vancouver:

2nd overall

Picks:

2nd: Reinhart

6th: Virtanen

24th: Sanheim/Honka

We lose Kesler, Gaunce, and Cederholm. We immediately replace Gaunce and Cederholm with better prospects though, and we get great value for Kesler.

Thoughts?

1) don't need to add 3rd

2) I like not sure it is enough

3) wouldn't take Virtanen at 6th, he will go Calgary at 4.

Otherwise good dream ;)

Lets say we trade Kesler to Anahiem for the 10th 24th and a prospect.

Then trade Edler plus the 24th plus Schroeder or someone of simular value to either Buffalo or Florida for the 1st or 2nd.

That would leave us with 1/2 overall pick, the 6th and 10th. That would be a hell of a start to our rebuild if you ask me.

That would be no small feat but we know from experience its possible think 1999. I doubt it will happen but could you imagine the buzz in Vancouver after that draft.

wow.... did this thread turn into a proposal thread or something? I specifically avoid that section so i don't need to read some of those stupid proposals..

Typical cdc proposals... they under value our player before trade, and over value them in their proposals...Each year we will see ppl packaging players they dont like to trade for some good players... before it was ballard and raymond + second... now it is edler and Hansen + first...

this is retarded.

Lets say we trade Kesler to Anahiem for the 10th 24th and a prospect.

Then trade Edler plus the 24th plus Schroeder or someone of simular value to either Buffalo or Florida for the 1st or 2nd.

That would leave us with 1/2 overall pick, the 6th and 10th. That would be a hell of a start to our rebuild if you ask me.

That would be no small feat but we know from experience its possible think 1999. I doubt it will happen but could you imagine the buzz in Vancouver after that draft.

This certainly would leave a crisp white sheet, for a new GM to start penning a narrative..attractive notion.

I understand this is tantalizing, but every year theres news of the Canucks "exploring the possibility of moving up" and it never happens. Then when it actually does happen it comes completely out of left field. (Schneider for 9th).

I'm just saying don't hold your breath.

Oh do you mean like when we traded up to get of the Sedins'?

So they interviewed 65 kids for 20-25 mins apiece? That's like 22 hours minimum. Considering there are 30 teams, is that even possible? Whatever.

There's talk of trading up, down, backwards, forwards, sideways, threeways every year. Easy story.

I sure hope he is just posturing for the media and that in reality he has an idea of what he wants to do. Right now we hear, we may move up or down, we may trade Kelser or not, what will happen, I don't know.

1) don't need to add 3rd

2) I like not sure it is enough

3) wouldn't take Virtanen at 6th, he will go Calgary at 4.

Otherwise good dream ;)

If thats true the it could mean dal cole or draisaitl dropping to 6th & that would be an insane add to the prospect pool if jb somehow managed to finangle getting 2 of the 'top 5' in his first couple months on the job

I sure hope he is just posturing for the media and that in reality he has an idea of what he wants to do. Right now we hear, we may move up or down, we may trade Kelser or not, what will happen, I don't know.

It is a 'dynamic process' involving more than one team, so none of us know or really 'have a clue' what is going to happen.

Some of us don't even bother guessing, but for some folks, this is the best time of the year to 'speculate' about everything possible involving the Canucks. I just like to relax and 'enjoy the show' ..

Oh do you mean like when we traded up to get of the Sedins'?

15 years and 3 regimes ago..

It's interesting reading what informed minds think, waay less interesting reading what the average fan thinks.

Personally, I'd like to forget which part of North America a player is from and just draft the BNAPA. See? Not interesting.

I'd like to do

Kesler to Anahiem

10th, 24th, Shea Theodore to Van

6th and 10th to Florida for 1st

Essentially Kesler for Reinhardt, 24th, Theodore

Hmm I wonder if Reinhart would be worth 2 top 10 picks though. Curious if Florida would be interested in roster ready veterans for 1st overall.

Kes + Tanev + ? For 1st, I know NTC blocks it but that gives fla a young dman that would fit in well with their young group and a solid no2 centre. Fla owner may not want to suck wind and could pony up to try to land another solid ufa.

Even in your scenario offer up Tanev + 10th + roster player / prospect / 24th. Fla still gets top 10pick (ehlers should still be aavailable if tallon that high on him) a late 1st or prospect & a good steady nhl ready dman. I know these are unlikely but both scenarios would be a real good shot of youth into the pipeline

I'd love for us to pick Reinhart but have no clue how a reasonable trade could be facilitated to have this go down. If it happens though (and you'd expect a significant piece going the other way) it would really feel like a new era has begun for this franchise. I can't wait for the draft!

I would think it would involve Kesler, but a 3-way deal would need to be worked-up.

Ryan Kesler for Sean Couturier, Samuel Morin, and the 17th pick in the draft

To: Florida --- Vancouver 6th, Philadelphia 17th(Van) , Hansen, Corrado, and Gaunce.

To: Vancouver --- Florida 1st and 3rd.

Future depth down the middle:

Reinhart

Couturier

Horvat

Ryan Kesler for Sean Couturier, Samuel Morin, and the 17th pick in the draft

To: Florida --- Vancouver 6th, Philadelphia 17th(Van) , Hansen, Corrado, and Gaunce.

To: Vancouver --- Florida 1st and 3rd.

Future depth down the middle:

Reinhart

Couturier

Horvat

you'd have to add significant pieces to kesler to pry couturier alone out of philly, let alone with an additional top prospect and 1st round pick.

Archived