The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

Wow,

It's the same Tanev, 6th, Hansen and a 2nd proposals just like the other thread,

I don't have the energy to go through this again....So I'll be brief

We are NOT getting that pick by sending Tallon spare parts,

He doesn't care about Tanev (Yes, I know you think Tanev is future Noris winner, but to the rest of the league he is just an average D-man), Hansen or any second rounders, and all our vets have NMC's

Either we send him Horvat (Which is what is rumored that he asked for) Kassian, or our 2015 1st along with the 6th, or there will be no deal,

The only other option is sending him assets from a Kesler deal,

But as it stands now, if you want Reinhart, these are the kind of pieces you'll have to give up,

Oh, and one more thing...stop with the Garrison proposals, there is NO WAY he would waive to go back to a team he just left, one that offered him more money than we did to stay. To think he would be included in any deal for 1'st is straight up delusional.

Want to talk realistic proposals? Start thinking about what you DON'T want to give up, because that is what Tallon will be asking for.

Wow,

It's the same Tanev, 6th, Hansen and a 2nd proposals just like the other thread,

I don't have the energy to go through this again....So I'll be brief

We are NOT getting that pick by sending Tallon spare parts,

He doesn't care about Tanev (Yes, I know you think Tanev is future Noris winner, but to the rest of the league he is just an average D-man), Hansen or any second rounders, and all our vets have NMC's

Either we send him Horvat (Which is what is rumored that he asked for) Kassian, or our 2015 1st along with the 6th, or there will be no deal,

The only other option is sending him assets from a Kesler deal,

But as it stands now, if you want Reinhart, these are the kind of pieces you'll have to give up,

Oh, and one more thing...stop with the Garrison proposals, there is NO WAY he would waive to go back to a team he just left, one that offered him more money than we did to stay. To think he would be included in any deal for 1'st is straight up delusional.

Want to talk realistic proposals? Start thinking about what you DON'T want to give up, because that is what Tallon will be asking for.

Kesler is the guy I bet is going to be traded, can play both wing and center. He has the draw power combined with Lou that Florida needs. Kesler is the guy to take Florida's group of kids to the next level, and a good cap hit as well. They need veteran leadership not more prospects. Vancouver needs youth, perfect trade for both teams

Kesler is the guy I bet is going to be traded, can play both wing and center. He has the draw power combined with Lou that Florida needs. Kesler is the guy to take Florida's group of kids to the next level, and a good cap hit as well. They need veteran leadership not more prospects. Vancouver needs youth, perfect trade for both teams

no way he accepts the trade to Florida

FLA has been having attendance problems for a while.

FLA wants to make the playoffs. It is probably why they traded for Luongo. Trading the 1st for a solid return could help them make the playoffs sooner and make them more of an entertaining hockey club.

Entertaining hockey = More fans = More $$$

I think the only way we get 1st is if a top 4 D goes in a packaged deal, they need one. Garrison has played well there so I would figure that they would want him back(they took Luongo back). All that would depend on Garrison and his damned NTC though.

No deal if no solid roster players go FLA's way.

Who knows what Garrison is thinking. He might miss the warm weather.

What blows me away is how many fans think Van is one player away from being a 'contender'. They are quite willing too trade roster players and picks for a #1 pick like Reinhart. At some point fans have

to realize that Van's major problem is lack of depth on the current roster and lack of depth in prospects.

"Toronto Star reports Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon said he has received one fair offer for the first overall pick."

Interesting...hope it's JB. If not, make a fair offer as get in the ballgame!!

I'm guessing it's the Leafs who are throwing everything but the kitchen sink to make that deal.....Changes at the top,missing the playoffs...?..Leaf Nation has to be appeased.

Who knows what Garrison is thinking. He might miss the warm weather.

What blows me away is how many fans think Van is one player away from being a 'contender'. They are quite willing too trade roster players and picks for a #1 pick like Reinhart. At some point fans have

to realize that Van's major problem is lack of depth on the current roster and lack of depth in prospects.

Where are these countless "fans who think Van is one player away from being a 'contender'" that you speak of?

Last time I checked, there are numerous fans here that believe the team needs an overhaul of the core and give greater responsibilities to Kassian, Jensen, Tanev, Matthias; provide roster spots for Horvat, Gaunce, Corrado; and make a play for emerging players such as Evander Kane, Ryan O'Reilly, and a youngish Paul Statsny.

I'd say the number of fans who are satisfied with status quo and adding a couple of pieces, vs. making significant changes to the core and adding youth into the lineup is split right the middle.

I must be following a different board than Boudrias.

Simplistic, but may be worth adding...

Reinhart has big-time cachet in our market; whereas Flor fans probably haven't even heard of his Dad. Then D-men are traditionally risky to pick high, & Ekblad's development probably seems like forever, for them.

With JB & TL having played with his Ol'man, Paul, there seem to be a lot of reasons this COULD come together.

As an add-on, Dale Tallon has shown a likeness to deal with the Canucks (though it's arguable that it was Gillis that he enjoyed dealing with)...at the very least, there is lots of trading history between the Canucks and Panthers. Let's hope that the tradition continues.

I think that we won't have to trade to the 1st for Reinhart, to be honest.

As the article (http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=722296) mentioned, the Panthers have a slew of young centers (Barkov, Trocheck, Bjugstad), so I'd think that they'd go for Ekblad to spread the wealth. The Oilers won't need Reinhart either at 3rd if he's still around, they'd probably want a bigger center like Drasaitl when their top 6 guys are small. I think we'd have to trade for the 2nd overall to get Sam, not quite the first.

Maybe we can bundle some veterans with the 6 to help their rebuild, take back Leino and walk away with the 2nd overall?

As an add-on, Dale Tallon has shown a likeness to deal with the Canucks (though it's arguable that it was Gillis that he enjoyed dealing with)...at the very least, there is lots of trading history between the Canucks and Panthers. Let's hope that the tradition continues.

Not to mention, Tallon and Benning have a pretty good relationship too regarding trades like Vancouver does. Benning got Horton, G.Campbell, Seidenberg, Bartowski from Florida while he was in Boston. Not too shabby.

Not to mention, Tallon and Benning have a pretty good relationship too regarding trades like Vancouver does. Benning got Horton, G.Campbell, Seidenberg, Bartowski from Florida while he was in Boston. Not too shabby.

i also feel like tallon has a soft spot for the canucks. i remember in 10/11 when they were doing the 40th anniversary thing and they had tallon, quinn and kurtenbach all involved. it struck me how the way tallon and quinn in particular were speaking it was if they still felt they were part of the organization.

i think tallon, the canucks first ever pick, would get a kick out of trading them their first ever 1st overall.

I don't want to pay the prices Tallon would be charging. No thanks to 1st overall and gutting our already paltry depth. It's not going to happen folks.

Well, at least you are realistic about it,

And not insisting we should be able to get him for an utterly painless price

I think that we won't have to trade to the 1st for Reinhart, to be honest.

As the article (http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=722296) mentioned, the Panthers have a slew of young centers (Barkov, Trocheck, Bjugstad), so I'd think that they'd go for Ekblad to spread the wealth. The Oilers won't need Reinhart either at 3rd if he's still around, they'd probably want a bigger center like Drasaitl when their top 6 guys are small. I think we'd have to trade for the 2nd overall to get Sam, not quite the first.

Maybe we can bundle some veterans with the 6 to help their rebuild, take back Leino and walk away with the 2nd overall?

With Hurberdeu (Sp?) having taken a step back and none of the players you've mentioned breaking out in a significant way yet, not to mention that arena seats in FLA need filling...

...Tallon has no choice but to select the most charismatic offensive forward possible, because those guys sell tickets.

Is that Reinhart, Ehlers or Nylander? Not knowing any of them personally I couldn't say, but that's who I believe Tallon will pick.

The guy most likley to put a$$es in seats.

On another note, I believe the "One fair offer" Tallon was referring to was TO's, I also believe HE leaked it to the media to drive up the price on US.

My guess is this: In addition to the 6th Tallon asked for Horvat (already been leaked) Trev/Benning said no, he countered with Kassian, Trev/Benning said no.

I believe they have already discussed what the potential return on Kess is, and that the only hope for this deal lies in that dept.

I also believe that is why he didn't take the TO offer, he's waiting for the Kes deal to be done,

He, and Jake Virtanen, are two prospects who excite Vancouver, and both just happen to be local kids who grew up in the province where the Canucks have a reputation for missing player after player.

There would be a certain amount of irony if Vancouver gets Reinhart - who lists Flames as his fav team, and Calgary gets Virtanen - who lists Canucks as his favorite.

I have not heard any rumors before here that Calgary is interested in Virtanen. If he was in their plans they would trade down.

My feel is that Calgary is ranks them as

1. Reinhart

2. Bennett

3. Ekblad

4. Dal Colle

5. Draisaitl (or possibly Ritchie)

Archived