The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Who would you like to see as the Canucks next coach ?

AriGold

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to see a poll to see who people would like to see as the Canucks next coach. I think it will be a very mixed response.

Would love to hear why you think that certain coach should be the Canucks coach !

Mike Johnson

mike-johnston-portland-winterhawks-novem

Marc Crawford

crawford250b.jpg

John Stevens

stevens392-cp.jpg

Willie Desjardins

willie_desjardins.jpg

Dan Bylsma

Dan-Bylsma-27.jpg

I voted Johnston...he's done a phenominal job with Portland and was our assistant coach during the WCE era when our offense was one of the best in the league. The up-tempo style of play he coaches goes hand-in-hand with what Benning and Linden have said they want to see us play.

Desjardins-Stevens-Johnson-Crow

Desjardins/Stevens would be my leading candidates as they have the most experience coaching the pros. I like Johnson as well, and hope that he is brought in as an assistant, or coach of Utica. Crow may be deserving of an NHL job, but we have already been down that road. Would like some fresh perspective brought in to a stagnant room.

I don't feel comfortable hiring an AHL or juniors coach (look at Dallas Eakins) but I don't want Bylsma either since he couldn't get it done with the offensive powerhouse penguins. Slim pickings for coaches this year

Blysma won a Stanley Cup with the Pens right after coaching in the AHL the year before, so that right there should calm both your concerns.

Archived