The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

Step 1: compliance buyout of Booth (frees cap space)

Step 2: hire Todd Reirden as our new assistant coach (Rutherford has given the Pens' current assistants the green light to interview with other teams)

Step 3: sign UFA Matt Niskanen (who credits Reirden for "saving his career" and who's said that coaching will be a bigger factor than money in deciding where he signs)

;) (or maybe serious?)

Here's hoping our pro-scouting has learned from this and we don't trade for another overpaid, underperforming, post-concussion case with animal killing and religious psychobabbling tendencies.

I welcomed the Booth trade with open arms though. Based on improvement potential. But for him to have worked out he would've needed to become a 1st LW, which was a spot taken by D. Sedin. Impossible. So i guess we're all learning here.

None of that makes him a weirdo.

He's just a guy with dough to do what he wants.

It doesn't necessarily make him a weirdo you mean? People of faith shouldn't be painted with the same brush, however some people of any faith keep waiting to be "guided by God" and therefore may neglect the things they should be working on.

It doesn't necessarily make him a weirdo you mean? People of faith shouldn't be painted with the same brush, however some people of any faith keep waiting to be "guided by God" and therefore may neglect the things they should be working on.

regardless of his religious beliefs, who really cares man. End of the day, his on ice performance warranted that he go bought out.

its too bad, i am sure he'll get a try out w a number of teams and stick somewhere

wish the guy the best and hope he can find his game and re-establish his career, no need to slander anyone...

just didn't work out in vancouver

People of faith shouldn't be painted with the same brush, however some people of any faith keep waiting to be "guided by God" and therefore may neglect the things they should be working on.

I live six months of each year on Bali where religion is everything for near everyone-Hindus ,Moslems and Christians.It's just a part of their lives.I am sure each individual takes their faith differently-if at all.

Christianity is the basis of the legal structure of this land and this country was far more God oriented before the 60's came and went.I am not religious but he may be a better player because of his faith.I have no idea how to tell.

Are you suggesting he should be working on something he neglected? I don't get it as he can do as he likes.

Step 1: compliance buyout of Booth (frees cap space)

Step 2: hire Todd Reirden as our new assistant coach (Rutherford has given the Pens' current assistants the green light to interview with other teams)

Step 3: sign UFA Matt Niskanen (who credits Reirden for "saving his career" and who's said that coaching will be a bigger factor than money in deciding where he signs)

;) (or maybe serious?)

I would love that. I've wanted Niskanen as a ufa since around October.

Speaking of which how does Daniel Sedin, 34 when next season starts, look for four more years at 7 million?

Speaking of which how does Daniel Sedin, 34 when next season starts, look for four more years at 7 million?

Looks fine to me, the Sedins started off the year as good as anyone and then, like everyone else, the second half of the year was terrible. I am not concerned about the Sedins at all. The difference between Burrows and the Sedins is that Burrows is a nobody without the Sedins. I would be fine with the Burrows contract if it didn't have a NTC but it does which makes it an awful contract.

Just imagine if we could of traded Burrows and got an actual first or second line player.

I actually feel sorry for Booth. However he never understood the "team" part of the game. Until this last season I always thought he played like he was the only Canuck on the ice.

No player can legislate for serious injuries and he had a few. He was being paid far too much for his skill set imo. He was never more than 3rd line material and for that he was overpaid.

I think he was a bad deal for us and we could have done better at $2.5-3M

Good luck to David in the future I hope he proves me wrong with another team.

Archived