The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

I have a feeling hes going to sign in Toronto with mayray. Guess will see FLA and CGY also possibly destinations but got a feeling it will be Toronto. Really enjoyed his play when he was on but his inconsistency were just a problem. This move pushes us further past the Gillis era and also makes a statement to other GMs. We are willing to make a move. Really like this decision instead of trying to deal him off for a late pick. Kind of a statement to the other GMs that we are open for business and are open to fair hockey deals. Hope he does well wherever he signs. Good guy.

Edit: I could actually see him joining Chicago too. Since he was put on waviers can calgary snag up his contract.. curious quesiton mark broken lol

Mayray might not even get resigned by Toronto lol

I liked a few things about Booth's game - obviously a great skater who works hard and backchecks as he's supposed to, but the physical aspect of his 'power forward' game was quite inconsistent, and in the end, he has somewhat of a problem with tunnel vision and unable to really develop chemistry with his linemates, aside from Kassian, who has exceptional vision regardless of whom he's playing with.

Whether or not JB is intending to bring in a FA, there could be a roster player returning in a Kesler deal, and assuming/hoping that Santorelli is brought back, that leaves very little room for a guy like Booth, particularly if the team is intending to integrate any of their talented young forwards into the lineup.

Sedin Sedin Burrows Santorelli Kassian Higgins Hansen Matthias Richardson Jensen

Without a return in the Kesler deal, that's 10 roster forwards, not including Schroeder or any of the prospects, and my guess would be that JB intends to make an addition or two where the fourth line is concerned.

Regardless of other moves, Booth's cap hit, injury uncertainties, disappointing chemistry and production pretty much dictated that he's the odd guy out.

Maybe this is to make room for Ales Hemsky.. Just saw a vid on tsn saying OTT wants to trade his rights for a draft pick; they haven't been able to agree to terms on a contract yet.

Perhaps, he would definitely add some offensive; We will have to see I just hope we dont trade our 1st, 2nd round picks.

I really don't know, Heretic. I feel like he could work with Santorelli, if he just stationed himself in front of the net like with the twins and waited for the puck.

I don't think his offensive ability is really all that high naturally.

I like his offensive 'sense'. He doesn't just stand in front of the net, he's good at finding the sweet spot between the slot and crease.

I agree that he isn't really a 'skill' guy.

Maybe this is to make room for Ales Hemsky.. Just saw a vid on tsn saying OTT wants to trade his rights for a draft pick; they haven't been able to agree to terms on a contract yet.

Perhaps, he would definitely add some offensive; We will have to see I just hope we dont trade our 1st, 2nd round picks.

Would be a low - cost ,decent gamble to give the Sedins a talented RW that can put the puck in the net.

It makes sense, but I was hoping it wouldn't happen. Was also really hoping to see him rebound in his contract year, instead of leaving on this kind of note. As long as J.B. has someone lined up in his sights as an offensive improvement though, I'd be okay with this happening. However, I could also easily see him becoming Mason Raymond 2.0, where after a small "prove-it" contract and extra opportunity, he becomes a top-6 forward again.

I like his offensive 'sense'. He doesn't just stand in front of the net, he's good at finding the sweet spot between the slot and crease.

I agree that he isn't really a 'skill' guy.

Yeah I do agree. He's positionally good in the offensive zone for sure. All I think is that he does need the right line-mates to be anything more than a third liner. I wouldn't look at Burrows and say "yes, he's a top six player" normally.

Archived