The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

We gonna have to pay to play, I Benning wants first it's gonna cost.

There job is to evaluate the risk/reward and decide which will give our team the most value and when.

If Benning pulls te Kesler trade then does the proposal for the 6th pick which was posted on hf boards and shared on ours:

1st for Tanev, Shinkaruk, 6th

That's realistic, yea it costs a lot, but you gott pay to play. 1st overalls don't usually move to often, Benning will be making a serious stamp on our club so soon.

One thing is for sure I'm so happy gillis isn't driving the bus this summer: Kesler wouldn't get moved, we would either moved down when a great player is available or blotched our pick ( gillis pessimism)

I feel confident Benning and linden and Willie are gonna do great things for our club in the long run.

We gonna have to pay to play, I Benning wants first it's gonna cost.

There job is to evaluate the risk/reward and decide which will give our team the most value and when.

If Benning pulls te Kesler trade then does the proposal for the 6th pick which was posted on hf boards and shared on ours:

That's realistic, yea it costs a lot, but you gott pay to play. 1st overalls don't usually move to often, Benning will be making a serious stamp on our club so soon.

One thing is for sure I'm so happy gillis isn't driving the bus this summer: Kesler wouldn't get moved, we would either moved down when a great player is available or blotched our pick ( gillis pessimism)

I feel confident Benning and linden and Willie are gonna do great things for our club in the long run.

ugghhh it's to much,

I thought we established you're not allowed to comment on anything Edler for the same reason Hitler was not allowed to promise amnesty to certain...religious groups in the 40`s

Literally.

Didn't think we'd see Godwin's law invoked in a thread about a Friedman rumour.

That's realistic, yea it costs a lot, but you gott pay to play.

Funny, that's the same marketing slogan lotteries use. I don't like the projections of either.

@warhippy. So a B prospect, top 4 d and a 1th overall is too much for a RNH? lol you overvalue shinkaruk. also our prospect pool would be upgraded as we would have a true elite prospect which is something we do not have atm. shinkaruk is not a huge loss.

sidenote: I am saying reinhart is RNH caliber.

Shinkaruk is not a "B" prospect IMO.

^ Jensen > shinkaruk yet you do not mention him in the top 3

Jensen would be 4. Jensen is better right now cause of age and developement but shinck is a higher ceiling and is ready by 2015-16 whitch is fine cause theres still a possibillity we dont make the playoffs next year

@warhippy. So a B prospect, top 4 d and a 1th overall is too much for a RNH? lol you overvalue shinkaruk. also our prospect pool would be upgraded as we would have a true elite prospect which is something we do not have atm. shinkaruk is not a huge loss.

First off Reinhart is not considered an elite prospect.

I think RNH is too fragile to be a impact player. That being said assuming we drafted Landeskog I could part with Shinkaruk but seeing as there is no Landeskog in this draft I would keep Shinkaruk.

No that's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that if Draisatl and Nylander have the same potential to be a #1 center it is not smart assert management to give up our only LW prospect worthy of the name for yet another center. Of which we have two or the that project into the possible top 6.

I firmly believe we have other assets that get that deal done without depleting our meager prospect pool.

I also believe that next year we won't be competitive as some do, and as such have a solid chance of getting a high draft pick which can slot in to our depth very well.

You ironically claim I over value our prospects while you're ready to sell the farm for one while at the same time over value the prospects of every other team in rumored talks with the canucks.

If there's a chance Nylander or Draisatl can be a 1st line center. It makes no sense giving up so much to move up for another player who may or may not have the same ceiling.

Common sense not over valuing. But hey, don't let that stop you from griping about me while doing the exact same thing.

^ how is he not elite? he put up a better ppg then mackinnon while being a two way forward.

Most people keep overlooking that Reinhart is almost a year older than some of these other prospects he was born in 1995. He is only 2 months older than Mackinnon so if you want to look at stats remove 2013-2014 from his resume and the compare him to Mackinnon.

Mackinnon:

2012-2013 HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS-QMJHL 44 32 43 75 40 45 10 2 7

2012-2013

HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS-QMJHL 17 11 22 33 17 12 5 0 4 81 13.6 2012-2013 HALIFAX MOOSEHEADS-M-CUP 4 7 6 13 8 0 1 1 1

Reinhart:

2012-13 Kootenay Ice WHL 72 35 50 85 22

5 0 1 1 -8 4

The top being regular season and under it the playoff performances. Mackinnon first off only played 44 regular season games and put up 75 points. Reinhart played 72 games and put up 85 points. In the playoffs Mackinnon put up 33 points in 17 games and then 13 points in 4 games in the Memorial Cup. In 2011 Mackinnon put up 27 points in 17 games while Reinhart put up 2 points in 4 games in 2011 and 1 point 5 games in 2012-13 while being -8.

If Reinhart was in last year draft he would be no where near the first overall position.

Archived