The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

We'll see what he thinks after watching yet another coach fail at getting him to play anywhere remotely close to acceptable defense.

1/2 coaching and 1/2 getting him a PMD partner to play with. Fixing the coaching alone will not get Edler where we'd like him. Pretty sure Trev & Co. realize this.

you mean there was someone on our team who actually preformed with our last coach?

Well literally everyone else on the team outplayed Edler last season. Edler also failed to play like an NHLer during the last season of the AV regime.

Bottom line is Tanev makes any pairing better, while Edler needs a babysitter and makes most of them worse. Tanev needs to stay instead of Edler.

Well literally everyone else on the team outplayed Edler last season. Edler also failed to play like an NHLer during the last season of the AV regime.

Bottom line is Tanev makes any pairing better, while Edler needs a babysitter and makes most of them worse. Tanev needs to stay instead of Edler.

That's not true. Tanev actually made Edler worse when paired with him.

Higgins did all right.

Kesler had a good year.

Kassian woke up in late February.

Santorelli was a beast.

Higgins was on par.

Kesler played ok but mostly just played a LOT.

Kassian was the result of his own maturing and Gullutzen's coaching.

Santorelli trended the same direction as the rest of the team...starting out well and getting worse as Torts' "coaching" took hold.

I thought plenty of guys did well under Torts. Most of the players who had horrawful years should have been expected to do so. Edler was clearly going down hill. Daniel was clearly half the player he was pre-concussion, without Hank to drag him along kicking and screaming, it really showed. 1/3 of the season without a goal? pathetic.

Burrows, Garrison and Hank were the only ones who suprised me with poor years. Burr and Hank missed time due to some injuries though, and Garry was apparently nursing some. Have faith in all of em to bounce back.

Danny is done.

Kes still scored his usual, assists obviously hurt, seeing as he was the only one scoring. Our young guys all took big steps.

His shot is gone, his passing is gone, no creativity, terrible on the rush, weak on the puck. This list goes on. He needs to be carried by his brother, whom he drags down. 26 games without a goal, only a few assists over that time without Hank. That contract is horrible.

Dan was infected with Tortorella disease and that contributed to his premature demise.

I am betting he can find his shot next year with his brother healthy and a worthy first line NHL RW in place.

Burr is a bigger question mark than Dan.

Burr made $6m for 15 points last year.

Dan made $6.1m for 47 points or 3X + the points performance for $100k more in pay.

I thought we established you're not allowed to comment on anything Edler for the same reason Hitler was not allowed to promise amnesty to certain...religious groups in the 40`s

Guaranteed, I KNOW THIS, and after the draft, please do check this thread where I will tell all the trolls who respond to this comment, that I told you so...

After draft day I will tell all the trolls who bark at me after this post, that I told you so.

Well, maybe your ban is short so you can come back and tell us.

Archived