The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

6 goals in 64 games without pp time, skates and moves the puck very well, 6'2" and almost certainly over 190 lbs by training camp, and far and away the teams best defensive defenceman at the age of 24.

tanev needs to be a cornerstone of this teams future. i'd be very surprised and disappointed if he gets moved.

Agreed. People on here highly underrate the value of a defenseman who can actually play defense.

6 goals in 64 games without pp time, skates and moves the puck very well, 6'2" and almost certainly over 190 lbs by training camp, and far and away the teams best defensive defenceman at the age of 24.

tanev needs to be a cornerstone of this teams future. i'd be very surprised and disappointed if he gets moved.

6 goals in 64 games and he's the cornerstone of this team's future? are you joking?

he's a good player, but damn you are making him sound like the next Shea Weber who you can build a team on....

6 goals in 64 games and he's the cornerstone of this team's future? are you joking?

he's a good player, but damn you are making him sound like the next Shea Weber who you can build a team on....

6 goals 11 assists 17 points +12 in 64 games while not playing on the powerplay.

6 goals 11 assists 17 points +12 in 64 games while not playing on the powerplay.

Plus his real value is defensive. I'd also be willing to bet his offensive game will improve; people constantly say on here that a defenseman's prime is around 30. Tanev's a late bloomer, and his hockey sense is off the charts. While he'll never have a cannon from the point, his passing ability could work very well in the other team's end given the right coaching. The kid's an absolute gem and is being seriously undervalued on here due to being a defense-first guy.

We built a defense by committee around Hamhuis, why not Tanev? we might have our next Bieksa already in Corrado. Could still get another top D-man over the next couple years.

Because Tanev's ceiling is at best Hamhuis-light. In other words, a downgrade. He is not and unless a miracle happens, will not, be a better player than Hamhuis.

We built a defense by committee around Hamhuis, why not Tanev? we might have our next Bieksa already in Corrado. Could still get another top D-man over the next couple years.

Bieksa was already lumping guys out by now....corrado does not a bieksa make.

duncan keith had the same number of goals in 15 more games while averaging 3:54 per game on the power play compared to tanev's 0:13.

duncan keith had the same number of goals in 15 more games while averaging 3:54 per game on the power play compared to tanev's 0:13.

holy shit are you comparing Tanve to Duncan Keith because they have the same amount of goal?

I am out. Sorry, i just hit my limit of replying to stupid post per day.

holy crap are you comparing Tanve to Duncan Keith because they have the same amount of goal?

Comparing Tanev to one of the worst human beings in the sport is an insult to Tanev. Keith is pure filth.

Well, just saw Bob McKenzie on TSN. Here's how he ranks the top 10 for what it's worth.....

1. Aaron Ekblad

2. Sam Reinhart

3. Sam Bennett

4. Leon Draisatl

5. Michael Dal Cole

6. Nick Ritchie

7. Jake Virtanen

8. Haydn Fleury

9. William Nylander

10. Nickolaj Ehlers.

Bieksa was already lumping guys out by now....corrado does not a bieksa make.

bieksa was going on 25 when he played his first nhl game, corrado just turned 21.

So now he's better than Duncan Keith?! :picard:

of course not.

holy crap are you comparing Tanve to Duncan Keith because they have the same amount of goal?

i was replying to a post where you mocked the idea of tanev being a cornerstone when he only scored 6 goals in 64 games.

anyway, tanev's ceiling i would say is a poor man's keith. the style's are similar, with defense based on positioning and an active stick as opposed to physicality, and offense based on passing the pick well, creativity and getting wrist shots through. keith doesn't have a particularly hard point shot either, but he finds a lane, which tanev is also good at. keith's skating obviously puts him a notch above, his offensive instincts are better and he has a winner's mean streak, but defensively and hockey sense wise they're pretty comparable.

not against this trade... it actually make sense...

You got to give up talent to get talent... Hunter may turn into an exciting player in the future, but the team need a someone like Reinhart to lead the team when the Sedins era is over.

Once Reinhart merge into the team, we will forget how tough it was to lose Hunter..

How do we know that Reinhart is that player. Everyone saw with their own eyes how exciting Shinkaruk looked. For me there were echoes of Pat Kane.

How do we know what HS's ceiling could be under Willie D?

How do we know that Reinhart is that player. Everyone saw with their own eyes how exciting Shinkaruk looked. For me there were echoes of Pat Kane.

How do we know what HS's ceiling could be under Willie D?

You have got to be kidding me ? Echoes of Kane ? I think you are on the cane.

bieksa was going on 25 when he played his first nhl game, corrado just turned 21.

of course not.

i was replying to a post where you mocked the idea of tanev being a cornerstone when he only scored 6 goals in 64 games.

anyway, tanev's ceiling i would say is a poor man's keith. the style's are similar, with defense based on positioning and an active stick as opposed to physicality, and offense based on passing the pick well, creativity and getting wrist shots through. keith doesn't have a particularly hard point shot either, but he finds a lane, which tanev is also good at. keith's skating obviously puts him a notch above, his offensive instincts are better and he has a winner's mean streak, but defensively and hockey sense wise they're pretty comparable.

My point is that imo, corrado is not a burgeoning bieksa. I see no similarities in their games/disposition...if we look at it your way, thru age, there can be no fair comparison

Archived