Burrows / Garrisson

We attempt to trade Kesler to either Anaheim or Pittsburgh
Either
10th, 24th, Etem

Package Etem + Tanev, 6th and 24th
Draft Reinhart, Fleury (10th)

or
Pouliot (Stud) , 1st round 2013, 2014
We let Shinkaruk go, (don't want this scenario to happen)
Shinkaruk + Tanev + 6th.
Draft Reinhart , 22nd

So Shinkaruk does not have "game-changer potential"?

And again, it is not "just Shink" -- it is Shinkaruk PLUS the #6 overall pick, plus perhaps even more, for this ONE player with potential. Please stop equivocating to make your point. Put up Reinhart versus Shinkaruk and Nylander, for example.

Please go look at the number 1 and two ranked forwards taken in the last 10 years and then get back to me. ;)

Then maybe you'll realize that these players reach their potential more often than not. Simple odds my friend.

I'll quote this guy as well because his blatant lack of understanding is the most annoying

1st two forwards in draft

Ovechkin Malkin Crosby Ryan Stall Toews Kane Riemsdyk Stamkos Filitov Tavares Duchene Hall Seguin Nugest-Hopkins Landeskog Yakapov Galchenyuk McKinnon Barkov

19/20 Quality NHLer's all of which most sane people would trade for Shinkaruk.

1st two forwards past 23

Chucko Schremp Oshie Cogliano Bergland Foligno Tedenby Nemisz Backlund White Johanson Caron Hayes Howden Pumpel Danult Gaunce Samuelsson Shinkaruk McCarron

8/20 NHLers by my count and no one particularily special besides Oshie. Caron only played 30 some games. Howden played 16 last year if you want to count him.

I would throw in any one of these guys in order to move up in that bracket. We need high end players that will be impact NHLers, and this is exactly what we'd be getting. To think that the top 2 fowards are anything but very special players in any draft year is just wrong.

I'm taking the first overall pick vs the 6th pick and a 50% chance at the type of player you can pick up in free agency each year.

I'll probably get yelled at for this but I think I would like to see a trade with Edmonton. Maybe the 6th and Tanev for the 3rd.

Assuming Florida and Buffalo take AE and SR we could get SB or LD.

I think Edmonton would like that deal, would Vancouver fans like it?

No way edmonton is desperate for help on d they are not in a good bargining position we dont give them are golden boy for three spots id rather with buffalo or florida

So you want us to draft another 2nd line winger? Wow fixes nothing.

Just because you claim something doesn't make it fact. I admit Reinhart looks good but most are calling him a 2nd line centre. Your argument is flawed and based on what you think his potential is while running down Shink, Ehlers, etc.

So you want us to draft another 2nd line winger? Wow fixes nothing.

A 2nd line winger? by ALL accounts except yours, he is a 1st line "potential" Left Winger.

And as we all know by you, we ALL want that potential, which is why you're so hot for selling so many pieces for Reinhart, because of ALL of his potential...

So I will put you on the spot yet again.

What makes Reinharts potential so much more appealing than the potential of all of Ehlers/Nylander, Shinkaruk AND Tanev?

You're about as stable as a Kovalev in a playoff game with your endless evaluation and opinions of who si valuable and who isn't

No we have a future 2nd line center, 3 future 2nd line winger ( one will be put on the top line but not first line caliber) like 1 d prospect and a bunch of future bottom 6 players. No future 1st liners at all. Why do you think we are rated as having one of the poorest prospect pools?

A poor pool which you are willing to bottom out on to move up 5 whole spots for a player who by all accounts doesn't have mroe potential than a 2nd line center and MAYBE a 1st line center.

No way edmonton is desperate for help on d they are not in a good bargining position we dont give them are golden boy for three spots id rather with buffalo or florida

I don't entirely agree with this. There is some solid bottom pairing help on the blue line available as UFAs and Niskanen who they can throw $5 million at while still having Nurse Klefbom and mroe ready to move up the charts on to the roster.

Tanev might not be enough of a dangle for them to move down knowing there is still an outside chance Ekblad is still available.

But if he is picked there is a possibility they might take that deal. As someone pointed out Tanev + Fleury could be viable for them.

Although they might look at a chance at Milano/Sanheim or someone similar as well and trade way down into the teens while picking up a much better possible roster player and package.

I don't entirely agree with this. There is some solid bottom pairing help on the blue line available as UFAs and Niskanen who they can throw $5 million at while still having Nurse Klefbom and mroe ready to move up the charts on to the roster.

Tanev might not be enough of a dangle for them to move down knowing there is still an outside chance Ekblad is still available.

But if he is picked there is a possibility they might take that deal. As someone pointed out Tanev + Fleury could be viable for them.

Although they might look at a chance at Milano/Sanheim or someone similar as well and trade way down into the teens while picking up a much better possible roster player and package.

My speculation on that is totally based on it happening right before they pick, not priror to. As you noted if AE fell to them (by some crazy way) that would be a catastrophic mistake.

Thats a good point i supose the do have some options. U know the way u outlined it here edmonton could have a excellent team if they got lucky with some young studs on defense and one or two key signings or trades. Cause we all know they have the offensive weapons but there weakness is on d

I hope it doesnt work out for them not only because theyre are rival but also because the majority of my cousins and family are fans of them or the flames and they keep there mouths shut about hockey the way there teams have play haha

I dont mean to sound mean or jerky haha

Thats a good point i supose the do have some options. U know the way u outlined it here edmonton could have a excellent team if they got lucky with some young studs on defense and one or two key signings or trades. Cause we all know they have the offensive weapons but there weakness is on d

I hope it doesnt work out for them not only because theyre are rival but also because the majority of my cousins and family are fans of them or the flames and they keep there mouths shut about hockey the way there teams have play haha

I dont mean to sound mean or jerky haha

The offense is there but they need some muscle and size up front as well.

I'll quote this guy as well because his blatant lack of understanding is the most annoying

1st two forwards in draft

Ovechkin Malkin Crosby Ryan Stall Toews Kane Riemsdyk Stamkos Filitov Tavares Duchene Hall Seguin Nugest-Hopkings Landeskog Yakapov Galchenyuk McKinnon Barkov

19/20 Quality NHLer's all of which most sane people would trade for Shinkaruk.

1st two forwards past 23

Chucko Schremp Oshie Cogliano Bergland Foligno Tedenby Nemisz Backlund White Johanson Caron Hayes Howden Pumpel Danult Gaunce Samuelsson Shinkaruk McCarron

8/20 NHLers by my count and no one particularily special besides Oshie. Caron only played 30 some games. Howen played 16 last year if you want to count him.

I would throw in any one of these guys in order to move up in that bracket. We need high end players that will be impact NHLers, and this is exactly what we'd be getting. To think that the top 2 fowards are anything but very special players in any draft year is just wrong.

I'm taking the first overall pick vs the 6th pick and a 50% chance at the type of player you can pick up in free agency each year.

2012 - Yakupov and Murray

This draft from all reports is not that deep at the top of the draft it lacks the talent that we've seen in most years so you want to trade up in one of the weakest drafts for top end talent in years for a player that is no way guaranteed to be anything.

compare it to 2012 and you would think again about trading Shinkaruk + 6th for Yakupov or Murray.

We need to dump one of 2 contracts

Burrows / Garrisson

We attempt to trade Kesler to either Anaheim or Pittsburgh

Either

10th, 24th, Etem

Draft Reinhart, Fleury (10th)

or

Pouliot (Stud) , 1st round 2013, 2014

We let Shinkaruk go, (don't want this scenario to happen)

Shinkaruk + Tanev + 6th.

Draft Reinhart , 22nd

WOW why not give the team away with that!Way overpay for picks

Draft Reinhart

or

Shinkaruk + Tanev + 6th.

Draft Reinhart

Wait.... So by subtracting tanev and 6th from both equations we come to the conclusion that....

Shinkaruk=Etem+24th

???????? (No face palm on mobile)

The way the Oilers just got raped by Nikitin. They should give us the 3rd overall straight up for Tanev and give him $24M/3years

They didn't get raped at all. 4.5 per is expensive, but they aren't spending to the cap anyway. The term is the key. It is a stop gap signing. It takes pressure off their younger D men, but doesn't keep them from trading him or letting him walk in a couple years when their D prospects make the jump. I don't think that's a bad signing at all.

2012 - Yakupov and Murray

This draft from all reports is not that deep at the top of the draft it lacks the talent that we've seen in most years so you want to trade up in one of the weakest drafts for top end talent in years for a player that is no way guaranteed to be anything.

compare it to 2012 and you would think again about trading Shinkaruk + 6th for Yakupov or Murray.

Yeah but the odds are pretty darn good in your favor. There are no guarantees in trades or picks but this team is in dire straits for a surefire elite player. It seems obvious that most scouts have Reinhart, and Ekblad as these players. Unless you've watched them each play 40-50 games it's kind of hard to comment on how good or how bad Reinhart will be but the numbers support him (well the top pick anyway).

I get your point though we definitely overpay by a degree but that's how you get the top pick and the best player, and this is especially true at 6 where there a lot of options to be had. Some of them will probably bust since this is such a weak draft. That's also a reason to get the best pick possible. I guess it really comes down to how high they have their projected number one over what they might get at 6.

It's a litte early to to judge Murray yet as he lost a year due to injury and Yakapov certainly has the talent but is not in the best situation.

A 2nd line winger? by ALL accounts except yours, he is a 1st line "potential" Left Winger.

And as we all know by you, we ALL want that potential, which is why you're so hot for selling so many pieces for Reinhart, because of ALL of his potential...

So I will put you on the spot yet again.

What makes Reinharts potential so much more appealing than the potential of all of Ehlers/Nylander, Shinkaruk AND Tanev?

You're about as stable as a Kovalev in a playoff game with your endless evaluation and opinions of who si valuable and who isn't

Sam reinhart has out pointed all of them while being a two way center. He is big enough to not get pushed around. He is seen as one of the smartest players coming up letting him control games. He is projected to be a number 1 center. The others are just flashy (shinkaruk and ehlers) they lack fullness in their game and even though they are seen as pure offensive talents they have not reached the numbers that true first line players who play like them have reached. Their numbers indicate they wil be second line wingers.

Archived