The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UPDATED] Invites to Canucks 2014 Prospect Summer Development Camp

can someone tell me, as i live in Edmonton, if there is anywhere i can watch this camp or any scrimmages??

most likely will be streamed via youtube on the main page. or just the canucks channel on youtube itself.

dane fox looks pretty damn good on paper, surprised he hasnt been mentioned. In 67 GP he had 64 G 43 A, thats close to a goal a game.

Oh believe me he has been mentioned, has been touted by youtube scouts of being the next Crosby.

Very excited for this years prospect camp.

Interesting to see Mike Borkowski get a return invite (he was also an invite to the Canucks 2013 camp). Don't see many guys come back the next year (except when they've become team property--which he hasn't).

Canucks must really like what they've seen from him over the past year.

Borkowski's had a strong season with Colgate. Tied for third on the team in scoring (28 points in 39 games) behind only the Spink twins (who are attending Detroit's camp), second in assists (20), tied for first in power play assists (12), 2nd in power play points (14), led team in game winning goals (4), and was their faceoff ace (took the most draws and has the best winning percentage at 0.559--roughly equal to Kellan Lain's rate at that level).

Full team stats: http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/filters14.php?target=CLG&conf=on&nonconf=on&playoff=on&ncaa=on&site=all&start=1&end=223&wins=on&losses=on&ties=on&otgames=&sun=on&mon=on&tue=on&wed=on&thu=on&fri=on&sat=on&limitx=&limitn=&limitt=&p1=on&p2=on&p3=on&ot=on&full=on&even=on&pp=on&sh=on&lead=on&tied=on&trail=on&time1=on&time2=on&time3=on&time4=on&time5=on&time6=on&time7=on&time8=on&for=on&def=on&goal=on&fr=on&so=on&jr=on&sr=on&drafted=on&eligible=on&free=on&stats=scoring&sort=pts

Here's Borkowski's scouting report from last year: http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/07/12/2013-canucks-development-camp-invitees-forwards-part-one/

Mike Borkowski – Centre/Left Wing
6’0″ – 175 lbs – May 30, 1992
Kanata, ON
Colgate University Raiders

Borkowski is the Canucks’ second invitee from Colgate University, as fellow freshman Kevin Lough is also at camp. Since NCAA players have to pay their own way to camp, I wonder if they carpooled. From Ontario. Okay, probably not.

Borkowski and Lough have been teammates for quite a while, actually, at least from Midget on. They both played for the Cumberland Grads in the CJHL, where Borkowski was the captain in 2010-11. He was then traded to the Cornwall Colts for his final junior year, where he exploded offensively, going from 14 goals and 32 points in 41 games with Cumberland to 28 goals and 87 points in 61 games with Cornwall.

He then improved his production in the playoffs, putting up 29 points in 16 games, leading the league in playoff scoring. He’s probably best known for an incident in the previous year’s playoffs, however, when a collision with an opposing goaltender led to a concussion, a (brief and uneventful) police investigation, and a two-game suspension, despite the league saying there was clearly no intent.

Borkowski put up decent numbers as a freshman for the Raiders, scoring 17 points in 36 games. Freshmen normally don’t play significant minutes and Borkowski appears to be more of a playmaker than a goalscorer, so he may put up more points when put on a line with better players. Or, perhaps, the scoring will come with more experience: 14 of his points came in his final 20 games.

Doesnt it look like an unusual amount of "older"incites such as NCAA prospects? I really like this. Any 18 year old prospect coming to camp will really have to compete.

I'm getting old and my memory fails me, Is this the same roster that competes in the yearly youngstars thingy? or is that later in the year with at a different camp?

Doesnt it look like an unusual amount of "older"incites such as NCAA prospects? I really like this. Any 18 year old prospect coming to camp will really have to compete.

I'm getting old and my memory fails me, Is this the same roster that competes in the yearly youngstars thingy? or is that later in the year with at a different camp?

This is just for the summer development camp. It's not the same roster as they'll take into the Young Stars tournament, although it may end up similar.

I'm probably going to look closely at Shinkaruk, Horvat, Jensen and maybe Gaunce. I think one of these 4 especially Jensen can crack the team next year. This is just an assumption. I know for one that Virtanen won't be able to join the prospect summer camp due to injury correct? Or is the injury set to expire soon? Anyways. It's going to be exicting what our prospects can do.

I'm probably going to look closely at Shinkaruk, Horvat, Jensen and maybe Gaunce. I think one of these 4 especially Jensen can crack the team next year. This is just an assumption. I know for one that Virtanen won't be able to join the prospect summer camp due to injury correct? Or is the injury set to expire soon? Anyways. It's going to be exicting what our prospects can do.

Jensen will be invisible, he's not coming to prospects camp.

Virtanen won't be ready till October

Which of the prospects do you fans think will be in Utica this season? What do you think the lines (team) will look like down here this year. It's only July 4th, but I am so anxious to see the puck drop already.

If Valk plays like his Dad!That'll be fun to watch, plus he's Ehlers sized but tougher. Also Tryamkin and Subban would be an odd pairing Lol. (Heightwise)

Ehlers is 5'11, Valk is 5'9.

Which of the prospects do you fans think will be in Utica this season? What do you think the lines (team) will look like down here this year. It's only July 4th, but I am so anxious to see the puck drop already.

Jensen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Fox, Kenins, Zalewski, are going to be there. Cederholm, Forsling might be there not sure and Mike Williamson could be there depending on if he is committed for another year.

I believe Forsling will be in Sweden though. If I was Travis Green my roster would look like:

Jensen - O'Reilly - Grenier

Shinkaruk - Jeffrey - DeFazio

Archibald - Gaunce - Fox

Kenins - Friesen - Lain

Zalewski

Mallet, Blomstrand in Kalamazoo.

Tommernes - Corrado

Andersson - Biega

Cederholm - McEneny

Blain/Negrin

Eriksson

Cannata

Sauve won't be back, I hope they bring back Huskins but I don't think it'll happen.

Travis Green will probably throw a young line together Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Fox and experiment but I think these are the best lines. DeFazio is a LW but on the RW we're a bit weak so I had to switch him over.

If Valk plays like his Dad!That'll be fun to watch, plus he's Ehlers sized but tougher. Also Tryamkin and Subban would be an odd pairing Lol. (Heightwise)

If you mean Garry, I don't think he's his son...

He's related to Kelly Hrudey though

Jensen will be invisible, he's not coming to prospects camp.

Virtanen won't be ready till October

Like Subban last year,.. the newbies who are healing injuries... can still attend, get the tours & life-skills training, etc. They will also get to meet various staffers & hang-out with the other prospects.. listen-in from the sidelines and participate in those things that they are cleared by their doctors to do. Many of these guys are prospects but not yet under contract...there may be issues with that, too.

Which of the prospects do you fans think will be in Utica this season? What do you think the lines (team) will look like down here this year. It's only July 4th, but I am so anxious to see the puck drop already.I was Certain that anton cederholm would be going bakc to junior to play with

I was certain Anton Cederholm would be going back to Junior to play another season with the Winterhawks. But, with Mike Johnston the new coach in PITT now....if they're thinking he could be fast-tracked with players on the current Utica D-corps moving-out or moving-along...he could very well be a player on the Comets roster this fall.

Archived