The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UPDATED] Invites to Canucks 2014 Prospect Summer Development Camp

Forsling - Sadly, he was also in the group with Gaunce so I din't get to see much of him. Seeing as though I didn't actually notice him without checking individually at jersey numbers says alot of about him right now; he didn't stand out, contrary to Jordan Subban. Forsling, however, was very smooth. If he isn't dynamic in any way, yet, which makes him somewhat invisible it is misleading because he is a very sound prospect in my opinion because he has a calmness to his game that you can't teach (Tanev/Corrado).

Subban - Such a shame really. I had a hunch that he was going to be the steal of last year's draft because I thought he was going to have a magical growth spurt last year and come to camp standing 6 0". That would have the entire Canucks nation salivating because what he lacks in size he does not lack in skill, because this guy can puck. He's quick, fast and can shoot the puck; if only he was 2 or 3" taller he'd be right up there with his brother

Demko - I'm going to fray from scouting goalies as my knowledge for goalies, to put it lightly, sucks; I mean, my favourite goalie growing up was Dan Cloutier (yikes.. and he's our goalie consultant too). However, him being the only Canucks property here at camp I did glance over to the goalie side of things to check him out. He was put up against O'Connor, who looks like he's 25, and he definitely out dueled him. He seems to have quick feet but I feel like you can beat him on the glove side and he doesn't have very good rebound control, but that's kind of expected for a big guy. Please take my assessment of Demko with a grain of salt because I'm a player myself, so I can only relate and evaluate based on how I view the game to be played. Plus, Goalies are kinda weird anyways.

-JS

cheers

Does anyone find it staggering how many left shot prospects we seems to have. Aside from Virtanen I can't even think of the next right shot forward prospect we have. Aside from Subban on D, i can't think of another right shot D (excluding Corrado since he's pro)

Cassels

yes hutton is there.

I agree. He looks determined and it shows in the drills; first in line, competing in summer camp.

Hutton - He was another guy I had high hopes for. I don't know if it's because its the 1st day of a 4 or 5 day camp, but it looked like he took it lightly today. Either the guy is just that smooth on the ice, or the guy was going 75-80% today. Good size and a good skater; overall I was pleased with him

Cederholm - After signing him a little while back, I thought the Canucks saw something raw in him that I didn't see prior. They must really be looking hard because he is VERY raw. I believe he still needs to grow into his body because he looks very awkward; adjectives linked to the later discussed Tryamkin. Nothing in his game really stands out and I was very disappointed in his skill set. His skating was fine but he was missing players with passes in no pressure drills and his shot is very underwhelming.

Tryamkin - Here we go. Probably the most intriguing guy today and boy was I ever surprised; in a good way. He is big, he can skate, he can shoot and did I mention he's big? He had a tough start, I believe it was indicative of him not understanding english and being the first in line to do drills; Mike Zelewoski definitely gave Tryamkin a few pick me ups after he screwed up a few drills and he looked great for the rest of the skills skate. I believe he had the 2nd heaviest shot today and he looked very poised after he got settled in. I can't wait to see him in the scrimmage and pre-season!!!

Stewart - So i mentioned before that Tryamkin had the 2nd hardest shot of the camp today, so I guess I have to mention who had the hardest. It was by far Mackenze Stewart. I had to move seats because i was scared he was going to break the glass in Father Bauer Arena for god's sake. Definitely raw but I guess we have a plethora of young D now so he can nurture for however long he wants.

Also: Hutton is a very smooth skater, so it might look like he's holding back, but he can really turn it on too.

I was hoping they would have more coverage of the camp. Even 30 second unedited clips of the drills would have been nice. I know last year they did a lot of coverage, and interviewed 4 or 5 players each day. So it's kinda disappointing they didn't do it this year.

I was hoping they would have more coverage of the camp. Even 30 second unedited clips of the drills would have been nice. I know last year they did a lot of coverage, and interviewed 4 or 5 players each day. So it's kinda disappointing they didn't do it this year.

its like 3 hours into day 2. Cool your jets. You'll get your fix. Your just more excited than before.

and Beattie too

trying to think of others

All im saying is that we don't have many. For every right handed player i saw yesterday, there were 5 or 6 lefties.

Great posts junglesniper.

Thanks! I'll be going again Friday as my next couple of days are pretty booked up

Does anyone find it staggering how many left shot prospects we seems to have. Aside from Virtanen I can't even think of the next right shot forward prospect we have. Aside from Subban on D, i can't think of another right shot D (excluding Corrado since he's pro)

Grenier is a righty

All im saying is that we don't have many. For every right handed player i saw yesterday, there were 5 or 6 lefties.

Thanks! I'll be going again Friday as my next couple of days are pretty booked up

Did you see Fox, if you did how was he? :)

hahaha what is the point of this? To look as awkward as possible?

Stewart looks like he can't read

Horvat looks like he is trying to break the camera with his mind

Subban looks like hes seen twilight sparkle in real life

Cassels looks like he just finished a monster seas of hash tokes

Archived