The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[UPDATED] Invites to Canucks 2014 Prospect Summer Development Camp

IIRC, Tortorella didn't attend the prospects camp, tourny or even preseason games. It's good that our current coach takes an interest in our future.

This. I had always found it strange that Torts came here and didn't know our NHL players nevermind not wanting to know anything about anyone else in the system.

Still early, but Willie is a keeper IMO.

This. I had always found it strange that Torts came here and didn't know our NHL players nevermind not wanting to know anything about anyone else in the system.

Still early, but Willie is a keeper IMO.

I'm getting a total Pete Carroll type vibe from Willie D. Positive reinforcement, he says the right things. He seems to really understand the players, and wants to let them know his job is to make them better. I totally agree he's a keeper.

Yeah what I found odd was some of Gillis' "character guys" like Hodgson and McNally did not seem as great as initially thought of, despite both of them coming from great families.

I don't remember much about McNally's character as a reason for his drafting, and he was only a 4th rounder. Hodgson's character was less in question than his agent's and father's, as they were the ones pushing for more from the Canucks in Hodgson's time here.

Willie D (is not my lover), gives a motivational speech to the Canucks prospects:

IIRC, Tortorella didn't attend the prospects camp, tourny or even preseason games. It's good that our current coach takes an interest in our future.

Gaunce and Horvat already got their game face on

From what I've seen following the twitter feed, Gaunce/Cassels/Horvat seem to be quite the trio. They did the scavenger hunt together, sat together at the speech, and took the gondola together for dinner last night. Bonding seems to be going well.

Of note, Shink and Subban also seem to be buddies for the same reasons.

From what I've seen following the twitter feed, Gaunce/Cassels/Horvat seem to be quite the trio. They did the scavenger hunt together, sat together at the speech, and took the gondola together for dinner last night. Bonding seems to be going well.

Of note, Shink and Subban also seem to be buddies for the same reasons.

All 5 of those guys are the future of the Canucks along with Fox, Virtanen, and McCann IMO. Nice to see them building some chemistry already.

Quite curious why McNally isn't at the camp...wonder if he decided after his year back he needs another year back at Harvard regardless vs paying his way.... Just odd, he seemed to be a great pick then had his off ice issues and now isn't even in discussion. Didn't have a great year at Harvard, but hopefully this year he'll be back on track after catching up on his lost year of development.

I don't remember much about McNally's character as a reason for his drafting, and he was only a 4th rounder. Hodgson's character was less in question than his agent's and father's, as they were the ones pushing for more from the Canucks in Hodgson's time here.

Yeah interference from my parents and agents look just as bad on the player. Look at O'Reilly from Colorado and the heat he also gets from his dad and his involvement in his career with another potential contact dispute to continue this summer.

McNally I remember Gillis said would have been taken higher had he not committed to go to Harvard for 4 years. His dad was an FBI agent if I remember and Gillis was quite confident in his character based on his surroundings.

Quite curious why McNally isn't at the camp...wonder if he decided after his year back he needs another year back at Harvard regardless vs paying his way.... Just odd, he seemed to be a great pick then had his off ice issues and now isn't even in discussion. Didn't have a great year at Harvard, but hopefully this year he'll be back on track after catching up on his lost year of development.

They need to pay their own way to Van...

Archived