The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

if you had the 1st AND 5th pick?

Saw a rumor that was unbelievable cause of the lame source but then again... anything can happen. So open discussion here, having the 1st and 5th overall pick. Who do you draft first? Ekblad (I wish) & wait and see who's left from the mighty top 5 prospects? Could be Dal Colle, and we'll miss out on a potential top 6 ceiling center in any of Bennett/Reinhart/Draisital.

Orrr. Take the favored "Hometown boy" in Reinhart and potentially pick up Dal Colle at 5th?

Saw a rumor that was unbelievable cause of the lame source but then again... anything can happen. So open discussion here, having the 1st and 5th overall pick. Who do you draft first? Ekblad (I wish) & wait and see who's left from the mighty top 5 prospects? Could be Dal Colle, and we'll miss out on a potential top 6 ceiling center in any of Bennett/Reinhart/Draisital.

Orrr. Take the favored "Hometown boy" in Reinhart and potentially pick up Dal Colle at 5th?

I'd do that, load up on the young guns up front. If Dal Colle's gone I'd take Ehlers, and if Reinhart's gone I'd pick Draisaitl.

This 1st overall d-man stuff has to stop. Defense need more time to develop and fantastic d men can be picked in lower rounds or even signed after they're undrafted. Forwards are a much smarter pick because you can project their success better.

Reinhart 1st

Bennett>Draisaitl>Ehlers 5th

1st Reinhart for sure and at 5# Draisaitl>Dal Colle>Ehlers.

From what I've read and heard (not so much seen), I'd really wan't us to pass up on both Richie and Virtanen. Something tells me that those two won't get us the kinda value a high pick usually does.

NYI has stated they would trade the 5th for a top line left winger...

Edmonton is willing to consider moving the 3rd overall for a young NHL forward.

Carolina is willing to move down from their 7th pick for a player who can help them now.

So, there are possibiliities, but I think its more a question of what we'd have to give up to acquire any of these picks.

A Kesler trade could bring in a player we could trade for one of these picks, but otherwise we'd have to trade existing players, which is a bit limiting.

NYI has stated they would trade the 5th for a top line left winger...

Edmonton is willing to consider moving the 3rd overall for a young NHL forward.

Carolina is willing to move down from their 7th pick for a player who can help them now.

So, there are possibiliities, but I think its more a question of what we'd have to give up to acquire any of these picks.

A Kesler trade could bring in a player we could trade for one of these picks, but otherwise we'd have to trade existing players, which is a bit limiting.

Trade everyone for draft picks!!! 30 first round draft picks!!!!

Archived