Sharp - Bolland - Trade/FA

Higgins - Santorelli - Kassian

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Stanton - Bieksa

Lack

Markstorm

Doesn't look so bad if we can add another top 6 player to the right of Bolland? I know what Sharp's agent said but I just thought of this idea for the fun of it before the comments.

Wouldn't mind a Kesler for Sharp swap and then do:

Sedins - Burrows

Sharp - Bolland - Trade/FA

Higgins - Santorelli - Kassian

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Stanton - Bieksa

Lack

Markstorm

Doesn't look so bad if we can add another top 6 player to the right of Bolland? I know what Sharp's agent said but I just thought of this idea for the fun of it before the comments.

But maybe you should add another player beside Bolland's name because he is generally only fit for half a season.

This would be pretty sick for next year:

D.Sedin-Stastny-Burr

Vanek-H.Sedin-Kassian

Santo-Boho-Jensen

Etem-Matthias-Hansen

Bieksa-Hammer

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Tanev

Hiller(4.5mill-2years)/or Johnson(1.5mill)

Lack/or Markstrom

Scratched: Richardson, Sestito, Weber

I'll miss Kesler alot, but I've learned to deal with it since my favourite player was traded (Schneider)

Oh and sorry Bolland , please come again :bigblush:

Bolland is 28 and my take is that he wants a shot at 2C. Also think that the Hawks were willing to let him go because his point production was not growing well enough. He does score big goals when it counts.

Really funny if Van traded Kesler and then signed Bolland as a UFA. He is a Benning type player. Could he put up 50 - 60 points as

a 2C? Possibly. Enhanced 3rd & 4th line would take pressure off the 1C & 2C. His money demand and contract duration is a non

starter I suspect.

Bolland is 28 and my take is that he wants a shot at 2C. Also think that the Hawks were willing to let him go because his point production was not growing well enough. He does score big goals when it counts.

Really funny if Van traded Kesler and then signed Bolland as a UFA. He is a Benning type player. Could he put up 50 - 60 points as

a 2C? Possibly. Enhanced 3rd & 4th line would take pressure off the 1C & 2C. His money demand and contract duration is a non

starter I suspect.

I agree on Bolland wanting an opportunity to be a 2C, which is why they want Kesler to be dealt with before exploring anything further. I dont care for his offensive upside, but he's exactly the kind of player you want in the faces of Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Blues, and Hawks.

This would be pretty sick for next year:

D.Sedin-Stastny-Burr

Vanek-H.Sedin-Kassian

Santo-Boho-Jensen

Etem-Matthias-Hansen

Bieksa-Hammer

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Tanev

Hiller(4.5mill-2years)/or Johnson(1.5mill)

Lack/or Markstrom

Scratched: Richardson, Sestito, Weber

I'll miss Kesler alot, but I've learned to deal with it since my favourite player was traded (Schneider)

Oh and sorry Bolland , please come again :bigblush:

Why the HELL would you scratch Richardson????

Bolland is never a 2nd C on a contending team. If we are giving up completely then why not give the youth an opportunity. The worst we could do is score a high pick in next year's draft.

Bolland too injury prone, too expensive and not of a high enough quality or he would still be with the Hawks.

He has never hit 20 goals or 50 points and has had considerable injury problems. He does have skill and grit but I wouldn't pay a penny over 4 years/4 million per. 5 million is crazy, especially over the 7+ years he was asking for. 5 million for one year maybe - at least he would have some value at the deadline if we miss the playoffs again.

Bolland is never a 2nd C on a contending team. If we are giving up completely then why not give the youth an opportunity. The worst we could do is score a high pick in next year's draft.

Bolland too injury prone, too expensive and not of a high enough quality or he would still be with the Hawks.

Youth being injected into the lineup too quickly can ruin their development. Look at guys like Brule.

Kevin McGran: Bolland’s agent, Thun: “Couple of teams have reached out, couple of surprises. We’re at least at half dozen. might go up to 8 or 9.”

Darren Dreger: At least six teams were expected to talk with Dave Bolland’s agent, Anton Thun. He wants to stay but that is unlikely. Bolland is wanting a max deal of eight years at just under $5 million. Likely too much for the Maple Leafs.

Sportsnet590 The Fan: Anton Thun on offers for Bolland: “If there’s a tie, it probably goes to the Leafs.”

News 1130 Sports: The Canucks called and had general talks with agent for pending UFA Dave Bolland. Bolland’s side won’t do anything with the Canucks until they figure out the Ryan Kesler situation.

Mark Spector: The consensus is that Bolland will get No. 2 money and a good term even though many don’t see him as a bonafide No. 2 center on a good team.

Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun: As of yesterday, six teams have called on Bolland.

“In all honesty, I don’t know (where Bolland will land),” Thun told Sportsnet Radio. “I’m going to continue to listen to general managers and continue to listen to the Leafs interest. If it comes together in terms of contract value and term and signing bonus and it’s to Dave’s liking, he’ll sign with Toronto.”

Bolland could be looking for a deal in the seven year, $5 million range. The Leafs may be more interested in a five year deal around $4.2 million.

“For sure the ball is in our court,” Bolland said. “When you go (unrestricted free agency) that’s when you can test the market and you can pick whatever team you want to go to. You can do whatever you want. It’s up to you.

“Those are the options, but my (No. 1 option) is to be a Leaf.”

Archived