The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks might look to acquire Tyler Myers

elvis15

Guest Dasein

Have to have a roster D heading to Buffalo.

Means Corrado or Stanton because no one else will waive.

Tanev.

A bit wary since Tanev is on a upswing while Myers has stagnated and hasn't lived up to the bill yet.

But keep in mind Jim Benning's seen this kid A LOT when he was in Boston. I would trust his instincts if we do end up trading for him.

And it would make sense for BUF too - to clear some cap space for a potential UFA signing or another trade, since Tanev will come cheaper.

Interesting, but seems to be an Edler clone no?

More a Chara close. The dude is only 24 years old.

Since the Panthers would be picking up Ekblad if they're not trading the pick, why not dance with Buffalo then. I don't know what they would like to have from the Canucks but that could be an interesting spot to pick.

VAN

Meyers

2nd Overall (Reinhart)

BUF

No clue what they would want.

I still say gun for both Ekblad and Reinhart. If not, Yandle is available.

The Canucks NEED a 1D.

More a Chara close. The dude is only 24 years old.

Since the Panthers would be picking up Ekblad if they're not trading the pick, why not dance with Buffalo then. I don't know what they would like to have from the Canucks but that could be an interesting spot to pick.

VAN

Meyers

2nd Overall (Reinhart)

BUF

No clue what they would want.

I still say gun for both Ekblad and Reinhart. If not, Yandle is available.

The Canucks NEED a 1D.

In terms of what they bring, contract etc. He his obviously bigger, but both players have great size and upside but have seemed to fallen apart after signing big deals.

Tanev.

A bit wary since Tanev is on a upswing while Myers has stagnated and hasn't lived up to the bill yet.

But keep in mind Jim Benning's seen this kid A LOT when he was in Boston. I would trust his instincts if we do end up trading for him.

And it would make sense for BUF too - to clear some cap space for a potential UFA signing or another trade, since Tanev will come cheaper.

I would be ok with it.

Myers has #1 potential and while I love the steadiness of Tanev, his limited upside make his ceiling a 3-4 guy at best.

Archived