The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks going for Virtanen with 6th

https://twitter.com/MichelFalcon/with_replies

Read through these tweets... Guy has overheard and broke the Dorsett deal, Garrison, etc. All because of this staffer sitting next to him.

Says that "if everything falls into place", they'll be drafting Virtanen.

Thoughts?

Still doubt the credibility of someone like this...

If we got Reinhart as well I'd be okay with it....unless Dal Colle is available

LOL you'd be more than okay with Reinhart. People would be kissing Jim Benning's feet for getting a top prospect like that.

I live in Phoenix, Az. I see barely any junior hockey. Can you please help me understand the pros/cons with this local kid?

Please and thank you.

uneducated Canucks fans are good at one thing. Stat Scouting. They see his numbers are not that high... just 1 point per game, his goals to assist ratio is kinda off, with him scoring way more goals, they don't think he has the ability to dish out assists, so they see him as a guy that lacks IQ for some strange reason.

Cons. not the best puck distributor apparently

Pros. He can skate, he has the speed, he's a truculent winger, he can score a ton of goals potential 35 goal scorer who hits and can skates. Why the hell wouldn't you want a guy like that? His true effectiveness will be in the playoffs.

uneducated Canucks fans are good at one thing. Stat Scouting. They see his numbers are not that high... just 1 point per game, his goals to assist ratio is kinda off, with him scoring way more goals, they don't think he has the ability to dish out assists, so they see him as a guy that lacks IQ for some strange reason.

Cons. not the best puck distributor apparently

Pros. He can skate, he has the speed, he's a truculent winger, he can score a ton of goals potential 35 goal scorer who hits and can skates. Why the hell wouldn't you want a guy like that? His true effectiveness will be in the playoffs.

Thank you...

Heard Sekeres say that he wasnt a good puck distributor and that the shoulder may be a concern. I know they seem to be moving up for Reinhart, but I like defenseman and would want Ekblad who seems to be a #1 in the making.

I just want a productive player in the future so whoever that may be, take him.

Thanks for the scouting report.

Anyone who thinks is not a good idea to pick Virtannen at 6th knows nothing about the hockey, and knows very little about the end game that of Benning is trying to build.

I will be happy with Virtannen at 6th, it could be a lot worst like some girly clown like Nylander, or some malnourished winger like Ehlers, however I think the tweet is not reliable. "overheard it." sounds b.s

Sound words.

Archived