The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Draft] VAN selects Jake Virtanen 6th Overall

Strombone1

Love your sig. There are a lot more quotes though.

The number of quotes would take up pages and pages. Just thought there should be some record of the brilliant analysis from CDC.

There were never going to be any guarantees with the 6th pick, but the idea that people are calling Virtanen 'crap' and wanting Benning to be fired is pathetic.

My guess is that these people have incredibly menial lives and try to make themselves feel important by critiquing actual professionals.

11 pages of posters who have very strong opinions formed on youth based purely on a handful of scouting reports they read online

you guys are embarrassing

Mixed in with "guy I liked wasn't picked". I been saying I wanted Virtanen for a while now but was prepared for possibly taking Ehlers or Nylander or even trading up for Reino.

People can't accept the person they liked not being selected and resorted to anger and contempt. Kind of sad and depressing. Hopefully we nab Mckeown. Gonna keep saying it until it happens, hopefully :P

Virtanen has the best shot and wheels in the draft. He's got a big body and is more than willing to play physically. His skillset is incredibly desirable. Yes he doesn't have the highest hockey IQ, but you guys act like he's a caveman. You can teach a better understanding of the game a lot easier than elite skating and shooting.

EDIT: agreed

I feel like people are upset just because we didnt get 1st overall. Not gonna lie I kinda feel bummed but at least we didnt give up everything.

I really doubt that 1st or 2nd was really available.

The people who are really butthurt are the fantasists who were saying on here Benning was going to rack up 1st, 3rd, maybe keep our 6th, get the Ducks 10 and 24th.

You have to feel sorry for them living down there in lala land. :towel:

CynideSnipe...have you been taking too much cyanide???

Can you point out one player, just one player, anyone, I beg of you to find any player in this draft that had 2.0 ppg.

Seriously?????

All your posts in the topic have been so unbelievably negative that begs the reasoning that you must not be a Canucks fan. It clearly sounds like you are a Laffs fan though.

Why can't people be happy we got a really good player with the 6th pick and cheer him on and welcome him to the Canucks. I for one wanted Nylander but I am very happy we did get Virtanen and am excited to see his development.

It just sucks to see so many so called Canucks fans jumping right off the band wagon because there "guy" didn't get picked so everyone else sucks.

I said that player in the top 6 are expected to get "AROUND" 2.0 PPG. You clearly misuderstood. And we did not get a "really good player"

But but but he puts up more goals than assists...

Ovechkin

Perry

Pavelski

Pacioretty

Skinner

Johansen

Parise

All put up more goals than assists.

Thanks.. I was going to look things up, just to see who else had done something similar. Looks like some nice company there.

The number of quotes would take up pages and pages. Just thought there should be some record of the brilliant analysis from CDC.

There were never going to be any guarantees with the 6th pick, but the idea that people are calling Virtanen 'crap' and wanting Benning to be fired is pathetic.

My guess is that these people have incredibly menial lives and try to make themselves feel important by critiquing actual professionals.

Don't worry, i'll pick up some of the rest.

I said that player in the top 6 are expected to get "AROUND" 2.0 PPG. You clearly misuderstood. And we did not get a "really good player"

Nylander may or may not have been that "really good player." So relax.

That's like alot of posters on here. If their pick doesn't get selected, every other pick sucks.

Signs of a spoiled little kid.

Actually, I would of been perfectly fine with every pick except for Virtanen. My favorite was Nylander. I would be fine with Ehlers. Would definetly be a project that could potentialy pay off. And Ritchie has everything, as well as being perfect for the west. Hell, I would even rather Fleury than this kid.

Actually, I would of been perfectly fine with every pick except for Virtanen. My favorite was Nylander. I would be fine with Ehlers. Would definetly be a project that could potentialy pay off. And Ritchie has everything, as well as being perfect for the west. Hell, I would even rather Fleury than this kid.

In other words, i just hate Virtanen.

Actually, I am curious Cynide, what is your hockey background? Since you apparently can declare someone will be a failure an hour after he's drafted. What great achievements have you had in the sport? What skills do you have (Because from the looks of your username, spelling isn't one of them).

I really doubt that 1st or 2nd was really available.

The people who are really butthurt are the fantasists who were saying on here Benning was going to rack up 1st, 3rd, maybe keep our 6th, get the Ducks 10 and 24th.

You have to feel sorry for them living down there in lala land. :towel:

So true.

Archived