The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Barzal 9 goals 34 assists this year,  

Gauthier 29 goals 8 assists this year, safe to say we know who is the passer and who is the finisher there.  

It's still early so be careful what you wish for.  I personally don't see Virtanen sticking on that top line very long, Perlini either for that matter, it's as though they put Point with two struggling wingers on purpose

I doubt that's the top line. Crouse, Strome, Marner is likely the 1st but we'll see. And yes it's still early but given how 'obvious' some of you claim it is that Virt's nothing more than a useless grinder or such...it is amusing.

4 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Barzal 9 goals 34 assists this year,  

Gauthier 29 goals 8 assists this year, safe to say we know who is the passer and who is the finisher there.  

It's still early so be careful what you wish for.  I personally don't see Virtanen sticking on that top line very long, Perlini either for that matter, it's as though they put Point with two struggling wingers on purpose

And watch how he scored those goals, he definitely has some hands. Unlike another Gauthier we've seen on TC recently 

58 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Looking at those centers, man, if McCann went he'd dominate.  Too bad he's not going.  Watching him click with Virtanen would bring in some Canucks Christmas cheer.

It's not in stone...won't know for sure until the 19th.

1 hour ago, Gstank29 said:

Can you honestly post anything that isnt a troll and is some what knowledgable. Or am i asking for too much from you?

ok, this isn't an attack, please try and understand... and hopefully we can get right back to our elite checking forward prospect:lol:

I get that you're growing and your hormones are raging and you're at an age where you realize the world isn't what you were taught and your obviously analytical mind has turned cynical as you process through your new paradigm as you seek your new truth while clinging to what you can be sure of, but the truth is you come across like a condescending douche and sometimes douches gotta be checked or they get infected.

You probably don't realize it because you're so caught up in the emotion of the moment - and that's not to say you're not smart. It's obvious you 'get it' and are above average intelligence, but its hard reading negativity, put downs, mini-modding, condescension, even your status updates have negative sarcastic connotations. Winning has its place, as does empathy, and we all have to take a step back from time-to-time and evaluate whether we're talking at, down to, or with someone. The more you push negativity on people, the more they tune out.

I'm not a big player around here, i pop in here and there, typically ill-formatted courtesy of my mobile, but you obviously want to be respected here for your opinions - and I do respect your opinions as they're well researched and backed by experience and you have good reasoning and logic. It's just so sad seeing someone like you getting caught up where it doesn't matter and picking fights by doing things like i called you out on.

i look forward to more of your informative posts, and less of what you've been getting into the habit of recently.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I could almost swear that I heard that tc wanted a decision regarding virtanen on Sunday at the latest. Could be wrong.

They said something about expecting a decision to be made, but they didn't say that they needed the decision by then. 

20 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I could almost swear that I heard that tc wanted a decision regarding virtanen on Sunday at the latest. Could be wrong.

Only thing I can think of was that there might have been a soft 'deadline' for traveling with the rest of the team.

22 minutes ago, Edlerberry said:

ok, this isn't an attack, please try and understand... and hopefully we can get right back to our elite checking forward prospect:lol:

I get that you're growing and your hormones are raging and you're at an age where you realize the world isn't what you were taught and your obviously analytical mind has turned cynical as you process through your new paradigm as you seek your new truth while clinging to what you can be sure of, but the truth is you come across like a condescending douche and sometimes douches gotta be checked or they get infected.

You probably don't realize it because you're so caught up in the emotion of the moment - and that's not to say you're not smart. It's obvious you 'get it' and are above average intelligence, but its hard reading negativity, put downs, mini-modding, condescension, even your status updates have negative sarcastic connotations. Winning has its place, as does empathy, and we all have to take a step back from time-to-time and evaluate whether we're talking at, down to, or with someone. The more you push negativity on people, the more they tune out.

I'm not a big player around here, i pop in here and there, typically ill-formatted courtesy of my mobile, but you obviously want to be respected here for your opinions - and I do respect your opinions as they're well researched and backed by experience and you have good reasoning and logic. It's just so sad seeing someone like you getting caught up where it doesn't matter and picking fights by doing things like i called you out on.

i look forward to more of your informative posts, and less of what you've been getting into the habit of recently.

See was that so hard.

12 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Only thing I can think of was that there might have been a soft 'deadline' for traveling with the rest of the team.

Maybe thats what I'm thinking.  Somethingalong the lines of "the Canucks have to make a decision on Virtanen tonight if he is to travel with team canada"? I dunno. Might be losing it. 

Despite some people claiming that Virtanen is "not captain material", it's pretty evident that Virtanen's going to be looked up to. He's only one of 4 players returning from last year so he's going to have the experience.

As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if Virtanen's given at least an "A" on his jersey. Even if he isn't, he'll still be looked up to.

15 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Despite some people claiming that Virtanen is "not captain material", it's pretty evident that Virtanen's going to be looked up to. He's only one of 4 players returning from last year so he's going to have the experience.

As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if Virtanen's given at least an "A" on his jersey. Even if he isn't, he'll still be looked up to.

I bet he gets an A. He's a good teammate and will help and stand up for the younger guys. He's not going to be the "guy" though. 

12 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I bet he gets an A. He's a good teammate and will help and stand up for the younger guys. He's not going to be the "guy" though. 

If he is "the guy" I'll be surprised myself. We tend to have so much depth each year that there's usually at least 1 or 2 guys who were practically "born" with the "C".

I'm not really saying he'll get either, but an "A" would make sense given his previous WJC experience as well as his NHL experience.