The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

ashlynnbrookefan, on 24 Jul 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Did you spell their* as thar? All your points immediately become invalid after that. If someone wants a top prospect to help rebuild the team then let them, another first round exit or barely missing the playoffs next year doesn't help the organization. I want to see this team win a cup and everyone has a different way on how they would go about building that team. If you think this team as is, is capable of winning a Stanley cup you are delusional but the goal is to make that team. I'm willing to suffer through a few bad years to get there, not saying that's the only way or that it would even work but that's the shot I would, and as a fan am willing to take. It'll be really frustrating if they start to tear it down in a few years and we don't get value for guys and we are late to the party, again. Jared McCan is a guy all Canuck fans should be excited is in the system, it's about time we build some depth.

Wow sorry i wasnt paying attention. I didnt realize a typing mistake would make my points invalid. Where did i say we were a cup favourate? All i said was we are a better team this year with a true playmaking centre on our 2nd line and the addition of more depth. Please tell me who would have predicted the Rangers would win the east? or the habs would go as far as they did? Dont sit here and tell me its a forgone conclusion that we cant contend next year. im guessing you were not around for 94, when a bunch of blue collar guys and one star made it all the way to game 7. After barely making the playoffs. you may have perfect spelling BUT youre points are invalid.

ashlynnbrookefan, on 24 Jul 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:ashlynnbrookefan, on 24 Jul 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Did you spell their* as thar? All your points immediately become invalid after that. If someone wants a top prospect to help rebuild the team then let them, another first round exit or barely missing the playoffs next year doesn't help the organization. I want to see this team win a cup and everyone has a different way on how they would go about building that team. If you think this team as is, is capable of winning a Stanley cup you are delusional but the goal is to make that team. I'm willing to suffer through a few bad years to get there, not saying that's the only way or that it would even work but that's the shot I would, and as a fan am willing to take. It'll be really frustrating if they start to tear it down in a few years and we don't get value for guys and we are late to the party, again. Jared McCan is a guy all Canuck fans should be excited is in the system, it's about time we build some depth.

What u and others suggest is cultivating a losing atmosphere. That has worked so well for the oilers panthers etc.Jb is taking the right approach. still compete while slowly turning over the reigns to the youth.And yes id rather make the playoffs and not win the cup then never even have a chance. Guys like you im guessing have never played elite sports at a high level like some of us. losing the right way and getting valueble experience is how you learn to win. tanking for a draft pick is bush league and gives you no credibility. :picard::emot-parrot::mad:

I dont know why but why are always the trade rumors targeting Shinkaruk and not this kid...

Shinkaruk>McCaan. Both have similar value i think?

I know Shinkaruk isnt a Benning guy but hes so good.

who says that Shink isn't a JB guy?

I dont know why but why are always the trade rumors targeting Shinkaruk and not this kid...

Because people won't let them die, despite the fact they were made up. Just like they won't let McCann's one comment die either. Time to get over it.

I think what he meant was that Shinkaruk wasn't drafted by Benning.

Horvat wasn't drafted by Benning either, yet he's the prospect JB first talked about.

I don't think the it is what it is comment means he doesn't want to play here, but it certainly hints at a potential Kesler like ego. Most players drafted are just thrilled to be drafted, regardless of where it is they are picked. But the fact that Mccann thinks he deserved to be picked higher is a bit of a red flag IMO.

I don't think the it is what it is comment means he doesn't want to play here, but it certainly hints at a potential Kesler like ego. Most players drafted are just thrilled to be drafted, regardless of where it is they are picked. But the fact that Mccann thinks he deserved to be picked higher is a bit of a red flag IMO.

Perhaps, but the difference for me is that Kesler is 29 years old and has an ego whereas McCann is still only 18 years old. I think it's more telling that we are comparing Kesler to an 18 year old than the other way around.

Perhaps, but the difference for me is that Kesler is 29 years old and has an ego whereas McCann is still only 18 years old. I think it's more telling that we are comparing Kesler to an 18 year old than the other way around.

Kesler had that same ego when he was 18. As soon as he had a little success he's been on cloud 9 ever since

Bonino will score 30 and Sbisa will have 30 points. #MoreOptimisticThenYou

i don't think bonino will score 30 goals (though, that would be nice).

i think bonino will score anywhere from 20-25 goals. 30 goals would be icing on the cake. don't think it's happening, though.

i don't think bonino will score 30 goals (though, that would be nice).

i think bonino will score anywhere from 20-25 goals. 30 goals would be icing on the cake. don't think it's happening, though.

Gotta stop making jokes here, no one ever gets em :D

I agree with the 20 goal statement. Although he may benefit from slightly better linemates, not sure who his line mates were last year. And possibly a little more icetime.

Wow sorry i wasnt paying attention. I didnt realize a typing mistake would make my points invalid. Where did i say we were a cup favourate? All i said was we are a better team this year with a true playmaking centre on our 2nd line and the addition of more depth. Please tell me who would have predicted the Rangers would win the east? or the habs would go as far as they did? Dont sit here and tell me its a forgone conclusion that we cant contend next year. im guessing you were not around for 94, when a bunch of blue collar guys and one star made it all the way to game 7. After barely making the playoffs. you may have perfect spelling BUT youre points are invalid.

Homegirl, you need to throw some form of autocorrect on whatever device you're using and then learn the proper way to use words with multiple spellings. Since when is Bonino a "true playmaking center"? Of course there's a CHANCE the Canucks go on a run next year, every team has that chance but I wouldn't hedge my bet on it. Like I said initially, everyone has their own way of how they'd build a cup contender and I think adding a truly elite prospect to our organization is the way to do it. I'm gonna be a die hard fan whether they go winless, miss the playoffs by a point or go undefeated. Also both teams you mentioned going deeper then expected were in the East, we have to run through 3 tanks in Anaheim, LA and Chicago.

What u and others suggest is cultivating a losing atmosphere. That has worked so well for the oilers panthers etc.Jb is taking the right approach. still compete while slowly turning over the reigns to the youth.And yes id rather make the playoffs and not win the cup then never even have a chance. Guys like you im guessing have never played elite sports at a high level like some of us. losing the right way and getting valueble experience is how you learn to win. tanking for a draft pick is bush league and gives you no credibility. :picard::emot-parrot::mad:

That same losing atmosphere that changed the Penguins, Blackhawks and Kings? The Avalanche look headed in that direction as well. Get real, if you're drafting the right guys that's how you win. And you can certainly find those guys all throughout the first and all 7 rounds of the draft but I'd take my chances drafting high. I'm sure you played sports at a suuuper high level there Milbury

That same losing atmosphere that changed the Penguins, Blackhawks and Kings? The Avalanche look headed in that direction as well. Get real, if you're drafting the right guys that's how you win. And you can certainly find those guys all throughout the first and all 7 rounds of the draft but I'd take my chances drafting high. I'm sure you played sports at a suuuper high level there Milbury

i haven't read the entire debate, but all those teams you mentioned found their stars in the top 10 picks (for the most part).

Archived