The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

Actually I did. I was drafted by the texas Rangers in the 5th round in 98 and played 3 years at LSU before wrecking my shoulder and losing 10 miles an hour on my fastball. so ya i know what it takes to compete at an elite level in sports. the teams that u mentioned were crappy teams that stayed crappy, What u suggest home girl is for us to take a good team strip it down just to get one good pick. What a great culture to bring our youth up in. It seems all you can do is point out a spelling mistake, go argue withh mommy and daddy some more im sure they will pump ur 18 year old tires

This Canucks team was great just a few years ago but if you can't see that they are a shell of that now then you probably think frolicking unicorns exist and your opinion is wrong. And I hate it when people say "everyone has their opinion" on every subject, an opinion is you like red and I like blue, but when you are saying 1+1=3 then it isn't opinion and you're wrong. I LOVE the Canucks and want the team to win a cup but get real, this squad isn't good. They could end up playing above their heads for the year and that still doesn't make us a cup contender.

Actually I did. I was drafted by the texas Rangers in the 5th round in 98 and played 3 years at LSU before wrecking my shoulder and losing 10 miles an hour on my fastball. so ya i know what it takes to compete at an elite level in sports. the teams that u mentioned were crappy teams that stayed crappy, What u suggest home girl is for us to take a good team strip it down just to get one good pick. What a great culture to bring our youth up in. It seems all you can do is point out a spelling mistake, go argue withh mommy and daddy some more im sure they will pump ur 18 year old tires

In 1998 the Texas Rangers drafted Ryan Dittfurth in the 5th round, and while you got his position right, he was a pitcher, he didn't go to LSU...kid was drafted out of high school and went straight to the minors. Never went to college. Good story Al Bundy.

(McCanni s) Too young, too small, too raw. He's got a lot of the tools but he needs a couple years refining how to use them and bulking up IMO.

95% of the time you are dead right.

And even in the example I am about to give, the young, feisty aprox 180 lb defensive center with upside still took a year in the minors. Then surprised everybody when he made the roster and made an impact; Adam Henrique.

Some guys just have that level of compete that allows them to jump up?

yeah... but WHAT IF!?!?!?!?

what if we blew up the team and all rookies made the team! then we'd get McDavid FOR SURE!

Nah that wouldn't happen then we'd have to trade the Sedins and you know how important they are to our team. Getting McDavid is high risk reward. The high risk is tanking but u get a high reward in McDavid who I think has the potential to be a Crosby maybe nugent Hopkins type of player. Again I think we'd get a player Ehlers possibly another PWF like nick Ritchie if we pryed for the ducks 10th overall pick.

Hey man you should really go update your blog. It doesn't have any mention of a college career.

http://ryandittfurth.wordpress.com

Did you see fabrii get rocked by the Cheks? Won't stand a chance in the nhl,

Ekblad got rocked pretty hard too. I guess he doesn't stand a chance?

All things taken into consideration, Fabri has a higher chance at being a bust, that said with Bo Horvat last year, and Brendan Gaunce makes it a obvious choice to take Fabri over McCann, that said, that option wasn't there for us, still extremly happy with McCann. Fabri is a higher upside but more of a dangerous pick .

McCann is the biggest question mark prospect we have IMO.

Everyone seems to have grouped him together with Horvat as Gaunce as a solid two-way player without a huge offensive upside, but I have a feeling there's more to his offensive game then this season showed.

The guy clearly has good wheels and a booming shot, but I definitely see great hands and passing ability in his game too. I think this season should really reveal what kind of player he starts to become. Whether he'll just be a good 3rd or 2nd line shutdown guy, or if there's something more there.

^That spot is reserved for Dane Fox. He's the question mark. Could be anywhere from a top 6 player or a 4th line guy. He's enigmatic. I see McCann similar to I see Shinkaruk. Elite skill set, high compete level, still needs to put it all together to make the jump

^That spot is reserved for Dane Fox. He's the question mark. Could be anywhere from a top 6 player or a 4th line guy. He's enigmatic. I see McCann similar to I see Shinkaruk. Elite skill set, high compete level, still needs to put it all together to make the jump

I don't see Fox as a 4th line guy. If he's gonna make the next level it will be as a scorer IMO.

McCann on the other hand could go either way right now. Whether he becomes a third or fourth line checker, or a 1st or 2nd line scorer remains to be seen to me.

Guest Dasein

McCann is the biggest question mark prospect we have IMO.

Everyone seems to have grouped him together with Horvat as Gaunce as a solid two-way player without a huge offensive upside, but I have a feeling there's more to his offensive game then this season showed.

The guy clearly has good wheels and a booming shot, but I definitely see great hands and passing ability in his game too. I think this season should really reveal what kind of player he starts to become. Whether he'll just be a good 3rd or 2nd line shutdown guy, or if there's something more there.

So biggest question mark because he has a lot of potential?

Sounds fair.

I think McCann has potential to be a 1C because he does seem to have more of an offensive upside than either guys you mentioned. If he puts it all together he is definitely our best center prospect. If not, he'll still be around Horvat or Gaunce.

Big question mark, but a safe pick :)

I am extremely happy with the pick that said if I had the choice I take fabbri easily

Fabbri got DESTROYED in the eval camp. he's good, but i question whether or not he'll be able to overcome his size disadvantage. he's gonna have to seriously fill out that 5'10" frame (currently only 160) and start keeping his head up if he wants to make it.

Fabbri got DESTROYED in the eval camp. he's good, but i question whether or not he'll be able to overcome his size disadvantage. he's gonna have to seriously fill out that 5'10" frame (currently only 160) and start keeping his head up if he wants to make it.

For what it's worth, Fabbri was listed at 170 lbs. on the NHL combine invite list.

I'm happy we got McCann, but Fabbri looked stellar in the u20 tourney. I see shades of Zach Parise. Fabbri plays way bigger than his size and his intensity is top notch. I think we couldn't go wrong with either choice, even though we never had a shot at Fabbri to begin with.

Ugh these comparisons... people saw shades of Stevie Y. in Jordan Schroeder... now I haven't seen Robby play very much but until the guy actually plays in the NHL it's super tough to tell if the smaller guy can actually hold his own in the league.

That said, I'm still very happy to get McCann! #Homer

Archived