The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

Nah, Forsling has a better shot than Cederholm.

Forsling won a gold medal with Sweden in the U17's scoring the most goals by defensemen in the tournament. He also played in the U18's for Sweden where he was solid.

I disagree. Although I think both are long shots to make the Swedish team. Cederholm has the better chance. Not only is he a year older, which is of huge importance in a tournament such as this, but Cederholm has NA experience and size which is more desirable at this years Toronto/Montreal WJC.

Nah, Forsling has a better shot than Cederholm.

Forsling won a gold medal with Sweden in the U17's scoring the most goals by defensemen in the tournament. He also played in the U18's for Sweden where he was solid.

Sweden's D core will probably look something like:

Norell - Kylington

Hagg - Bergman

Cederholm - Aho

Englund

Was looking through a lot of the 2014 NHL mock drafts...McCann was projected to go around 12th....I'm sure that Benning couldn't believe his luck having McCann fall to us at #24....

Apparently Benning had a trade in place with the NYI where he would give up the 24th pick if McCann wasn't there (source: Botchford).

Apparently Benning had a trade in place with the NYI where he would give up the 24th pick if McCann wasn't there (source: Botchford).

You didn't watch the Draft Day insider video, did you? Benning clearly talks to Snow earlier in the draft order and they talk about a trade involving the 24th pick, but Benning thinks about it and then calls back to Snow to say he won't do it. There was never a trade actually in place.

You didn't watch the Draft Day insider video, did you? Benning clearly talks to Snow earlier in the draft order and they talk about a trade involving the 24th pick, but Benning thinks about it and then calls back to Snow to say he won't do it. There was never a trade actually in place.

What draft video? Can you post the link and then summarize it for me?

:bigblush:

But no, I did not know that so thanks for clarifying what Botchford did not.

What draft video? Can you post the link and then summarize it for me?

:bigblush:

But no, I did not know that so thanks for clarifying what Botchford did not.

oh-you-show-240x180.jpg

But since it seems there's at least one person in this thread who hasn't seen it, it's the second video on the rotating stories on the home page right now. Or, for those otherwise challenged, here's the video from YouTube.

The relevant bit is at the 1:04 mark of the video.

Shinkaruk hands down.

Where did this Mccann hype come from? I don't get it. He's a career 3rd liner if he makes it.

McCann hype is from Benning's mentions of the guy. Apparently more then a few GM's were interested in McCann but Benning shut them down quite quick.

And I agree I take Shinkaruk, normally I don't like smaller guys. But his work ethic is pretty amazing. This guy lives and breathes hockey.

McCann gives off that "it is what it is" vibe. :bigblush:

If you could have ONE and only ONE who would it be

Shinkaruk or McCaan.

I'd take Shinkaruk based on our needs at the moment, but it's not as clear-cut as some would say. Both fell to us, aren't huge, with good speed and hockey IQ.

I actually like the fact that McCann was chapped at falling to us - it's going to light a fire under him. Especially since he says he likes Kesler - seems to have a similar attitude.

I'd take Shinkaruk based on our needs at the moment, but it's not as clear-cut as some would say. Both fell to us, aren't huge, with good speed and hockey IQ.

I actually like the fact that McCann was chapped at falling to us - it's going to light a fire under him. Especially since he says he likes Kesler - seems to have a similar attitude.

You can say the exact same thing about Shink. Wasn't he considered in the 5-10 range in a deep draft? Being passed on by the home team Calgary TWICE. And his already hard working demeanour make him the 2nd most exciting prospect for me. McCann is good to don't get me wrong.

You can say the exact same thing about Shink. Wasn't he considered in the 5-10 range in a deep draft? Being passed on by the home team Calgary TWICE. And his already hard working demeanour make him the 2nd most exciting prospect for me. McCann is good to don't get me wrong.

That's what I meant when i said they both fell to us - I don't remember Shinkaruk's reaction but McCann shouldn't be thrown under the bus for letting his emotions show in what was one of the biggest moments in his life.

I love Shinkaruk's passion, but a miserable Kesler-esque SOB can be equally valuable.

oh-you-show-240x180.jpg

But since it seems there's at least one person in this thread who hasn't seen it, it's the second video on the rotating stories on the home page right now. Or, for those otherwise challenged, here's the video from YouTube.

The relevant bit is at the 1:04 mark of the video.

Thanks for this. Not that I should judge based on a 2 minute video, but I liked that Benning was no-nonsense and also seemed to know the players well and didn't seem to be looking to the scouts for direction. The scouts help advise rather than dictate.

That's what I meant when i said they both fell to us - I don't remember Shinkaruk's reaction but McCann shouldn't be thrown under the bus for letting his emotions show in what was one of the biggest moments in his life.

I love Shinkaruk's passion, but a miserable Kesler-esque SOB can be equally valuable.

No one's really busting his balls about his first comments anymore. But you keep bringing it up for whatever reason. And we had a miserable Kesler-esque SOB, his name was Kesler. Didn't end well for us nor did he help us when the cards were down.

Your second half of the original comment was refering to McCann having a fire because he fell. That's the part I was talking about in my comment. I have no doubt both will be great for us. Just think Shink has a higher ceiling and is more exciting.

Archived