The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

It always bothered me, but he could produce at least. I don't know about the 2nd line this year, especially since they don't have Kesler's two way abilities.

I have the feeling the Sedins will be shutdown by every team's top defenders every shift, with little goal support from the rest of the team and way too much pressure will be put on the defenseman, due to the lack of a top level shutdown center (Malholtra and Kesler are both gone now).

Plus Kesler ability to get the puck up ice and on net, was always the cue for the Sedins to take the shift in the offensive zone, he was responsible for them being able to dictate favorable zone starts.

Even though they were on different lines most of the time Kesler and the Sedin's really complimented one another.

I'm hoping Vey might be able to bring a little of that this year, don't look for it from Bonino, not what he does. Doesn't have the wheels for it.

I know I said before that his play reminds me of Couture, but after watching EVEN more I can't help but notice how much Toews he has in him.

Look at their goals and assists and tell me they don't look similar.

When I watched his highlights the first time I thought Toews for sure, and they even look similar.

He has the skill, but he only has it for short periods of time, not game in game out like Toews.

It's all about consistency with McCann, much like most young players, but the nice thing is, he still projects as a good player even if he doesn't have that Toews smarts on every shift.

Virtanen - 89

Shinkaruk - 88

Horvat - 87

Hutton - 87

Demko - 87

Kassian - 86

Mccann - 86

Gaunce - 84

Corrado - 84

Tryamkin -84

Vey - 84

Subban - 83

Jensen - 83

Forsling - 82

Cassels - 82

Kennins - 80

Lain - 77

I admit I didn't know much about McCann when we first drafted him but these people predicting big things out of him has got me a little exited. I hope between Horvat Vey and McCann atleast one of those guys turns into a top 6 centre for us

Archived