The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

He sounds super promising with all the reports. Hope he can contribute at the nhl level soon. He's tall enough and plays pretty smart will largely depend if he can add enough weight to his slender frame. I have a good feeling about him. Will see. He is what he is. :)

McCann is obviously a very good prospect. The Canucks were fortunate to get him with a low first round pick last year (#24), and were fortunate to get that pick in the Kesler trade.

But I think it will be a while before he is in the NHL. Unlike Bo, he will need to add muscle, weight and strength before playing in the NHL. Bo was unusual in being very physically mature at 19. Most guys gain quite a lot in weight and strength between 19 and 21 or so. And he will need to adapt to the pro game. From the experience of Shinkaruk, Jensen and many others we can see that is not easy. I expect McCann to be Junior next year (and on the Canadian World Junior team), and I expect him to be in Utica the year after. He might have a shot at making the Canucks the year after that.

I agree and Honestly Cassels could be 2C to go along with 2A and 2B. I would be stoked if we had 3 second lines. I think it's possible and even likely at this point that it could happen

Shinkaruk Horvat Virtanen

Jensen/Vey McCann Jensen/Vey

Gaunce Cassels Kassian

Kenins Zalewski/Labate Grenier

That seems like 2 maybe 3 second lines, and a 4th line

Plus we would still have guys like Valk, Fox, Pettit, & Blomstrand (23 points in 30 games this year ECHL) to fill in from time to time. Not to mention our picks from the next few years as well.

A goal and an assist for Jared in a 6-0 Greyhounds victory over Sarnia today.

Up to 27 goals 36 assists for 63 points in 47 games.

He surpasses last season's point total (and previous career high) of 62 points in 17 fewer games. He has also tied his career high in goals.

Keep it up Jared!

1 goal 1 assist tonight, he's clearly having a much more impressive season then Jake. all things considered, Calgary HItmen is also a power house in the WHL.

Looks like we might have another outstanding 2 way centerman. McCann Horvat 1/2 punch? sounds awesome.

mccan

horvat

cassels

McCann is going to be a beauty, loved this pick on draft day after I saw some of his highlights. Quote me on this, McCann will be running our pp from the halfboards or right point in 5 years this guy has got so much offensive potential. Brad Richards like potential IMO.

Archived