The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

They said on the radio the other day. That demkos dad tweeted out a comment saying 3 days.  what ever that means lol. could be a signing date but willl have too see. if we lose him Im going to be more mad then ive ever been at canucks hockey.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nergish said:

Brenton Demko (Thatcher's dad) goes by @uggstown on Twitter. 
4 hours ago he posted simply "3 days". And recently on his page he started following a bunch of Vancouver related accounts.

Weird names in this family.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nergish said:

Brenton Demko (Thatcher's dad) goes by @uggstown on Twitter. 
4 hours ago he posted simply "3 days". And recently on his page he started following a bunch of Vancouver related accounts.

It could also be 3 days until Thatch comes home.

Just now, thejazz97 said:

It could also be 3 days until Thatch comes home.

It could be literally anything. But that seems like a very likely scenario.

But his father following all this Vancouver stuff seems promising to me. It could also just be so that he doesn't miss a single mention of his son's name by Vancouver media... you know, in case we really rip into him for wanting to bolt. Which of course we will.

Just now, nergish said:

It could be literally anything. But that seems like a very likely scenario.

But his father following all this Vancouver stuff seems promising to me. It could also just be so that he doesn't miss a single mention of his son's name by Vancouver media... you know, in case we really rip into him for wanting to bolt. Which of course we will.

Why does everyone assume that going back for year 4 means he wants to leave? 

1 minute ago, thejazz97 said:

It means he's free to sign anywhere in the league, and you better believe there will be suitors.
There is nothing wrong with him spending another year in school. We have no need to rush the kid. But, if he doesn't come outright and say he wants to be in Vancouver following his graduation, then he's as good as gone either way.

4 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

It just goves him the option without consequence.  He might not want to leave but it'd be very easy to do so if he did stay another year. 

Similar to everyone assuming stamkos wont resign with tampa.

Edited by Gooseberries

Maybe demko is doing a mass psych assignment on his future hockey town market. Lol

or my fav he is using his psych skills to gain him a flavorable light for when he does sign he becomes our saviour and we evaluate him with a clear bias so we give him more slack lol. 

53 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

It just goves him the option without consequence.  He might not want to leave but it'd be very easy to do so if he did stay another year. 

Similar to everyone assuming stamkos wont resign with tampa.

Except there's proper rumours behind Stamkos not re-signing in Tampa, where there isn't anything really to suggest that would be Demko's intention if he goes back for one more year. Stamkos has rumours around playing wing instead of center, problems with the coach, etc. where Demko has ... he might play 4 years of college.

5 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Except there's proper rumours behind Stamkos not re-signing in Tampa, where there isn't anything really to suggest that would be Demko's intention if he goes back for one more year. Stamkos has rumours around playing wing instead of center, problems with the coach, etc. where Demko has ... he might play 4 years of college.

Did you just use the term "proper rumours"?  Whats a proper rumour? As far as im concerned a rumour is a rumour and it should be taken with a grain of salt.

56 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Did you just use the term "proper rumours"?  Whats a proper rumour? As far as im concerned a rumour is a rumour and it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Should I say real rumours from trusted sources vs CDC sky is falling speculation to help differentiate? That's pretty much it.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Should I say real rumours from trusted sources vs CDC sky is falling speculation to help differentiate? That's pretty much it.

I guess you just put more faith into rumours from trusted sources than i do. Like i said a rumour means nothing to me.

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I guess you just put more faith into rumours from trusted sources than i do. Like i said a rumour means nothing to me.

In fairness...there's at least some background info on the Stamkos situation.

CDC is panicking because.... 'Ehrrrmagggerrrdss it's been 5 minutes aNNNNNNDD DeMMMKKOOZZZZZ nOOOO SIGN and hEEE's COLLLEGGE....ERRRMAGGHHHERDS going UUUFAFFAAAAAAA :frantic::frantic:'

There's literally NOTHING to suggest he's decided to go the 4 year and/or UFA route. Not even rumours.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

In fairness...there's at least some background info on the Stamkos situation.

CDC is panicking because.... 'Ehrrrmagggerrrdss it's been 5 minutes aNNNNNNDD DeMMMKKOOZZZZZ nOOOO SIGN and hEEE's COLLLEGGE....ERRRMAGGHHHERDS going UUUFAFFAAAAAAA :frantic::frantic:'

There's literally NOTHING to suggest he's decided to go the 4 year and/or UFA route. Not even rumours.

Oh your absolutely right. I do think he'll sign this year. But personally if he goes back for a fourth i think our chances of signing him drop drastically. 

Like i said though my money is on him signing within a couple weeks.