The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

Hate to break it to you, but that is what it will cost. Im not overrating matthews. Im just SIMPLY being realistic. Toronto will ask for a kings ransom for that pick 

I dont know if you were one of those people but some people were alluding to if we got the 1st OA pick we should trade it to ARZ for 

Domi

Strome 

1st 

So in the end, its pretty much impossible to trade for 1 OA. So guys, lets just get that idea outta our heads 

I never wanted us to trade for the first overall or thought it was remotely realistic.

I was simply pointing out that giving up the 5th, Horvat, and Demko would be a horrible trade on our part. We'd be creating 3 holes on our depth chart and only replacing them with one player.

Dubois + Horvat>>>Matthews 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

When was the last time a trade for first overall done?  Was it the Lindros deal?  That lead Quebec/Colorado to two Cups.  

No way we trade up in such a deep draft.  We should really trade down.  

I never said to trade up. I was just replying to someone who suggested to trade up. 

And I agree we should trade down. Get Jost <3 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

I never said to trade up. I was just replying to someone who suggested to trade up. 

And I agree we should trade down. Get Jost <3 

Yup.  It's too risky to trade Demko right now.  He could be worth a King's ransom in a couple years.  I'm in on Jost.  Someone posted the kid is 5'11" and 194 lbs.. That's a solid build.  Plus he's super skilled, and is playing on Boeser's team next season.  Jost and Keiffer Bellows would make me :)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  It's too risky to trade Demko right now.  He could be worth a King's ransom in a couple years.  I'm in on Jost.  Someone posted the kid is 5'11" and 194 lbs.. That's a solid build.  Plus he's super skilled, and is playing on Boeser's team next season.  Jost and Keiffer Bellows would make me :)

Yea Jost will be a stud. You know how alot of people wanted Schmatlz cuz he played well with Boeser. People will go insane once Jost plays with Boeser. I think Jost + Boeser is better than Schmatlz+ boeser. 

I would like Fabbro as well LOL 

5 hours ago, Grape said:

Look it's the goalie of our future

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1534945185757&set=ecnf.1598666547&type=3&theater

Pardon the stalking but I found a mutual friend between me and demko on Facebook and his comment made me lmao so hard whatta guy

bahaha that's great. Saw something similar with Johansen once. He was family friends with a friend of mine and he'd get drunk and comment on all of my friend's little brother's pictures.

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Demko has not proved a thing at the NHL level so his value is minimal. NHL is flooded with tenders.

Bingo. Plenty of promising young goalies end up not doing much (see: Scott Clemmensen) while others exceed expectations (see: Matt Murray). Often times they're a crap shoot.