The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 2/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, Stierlitz said:

Artem is done for the season with his latest injury. He has played just 7 games in this KHL season.

Just going from this ∆∆

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes I believe he is Number 10 at @ the 2m 50sec mark

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

This is official: Avto (4th place, 60 games played, 74 points) will play Sibir (5th place, 60 games, 70 points) in the 1st round of the KHL playoffs.

BTW Avto is playing two remaining games of the regular season on road and their #1 goalie Jakub Kovář, who has been injured since Jan 25, will be with the team on this road trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

KHL playoffs start March 1.  Let's hope for a quick exit for Avto.  I still think Tryamkin has a role on this team.  Contract and playing time being the issue(s). At least the way the Canucks have been playing their D they are all getting decent minutes/game - even the bottom pairing.  It will likely come down to term and dollars. 

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

This is official: Avto (4th place, 60 games played, 74 points) will play Sibir (5th place, 60 games, 70 points) in the 1st round of the KHL playoffs.

BTW Avto is playing two remaining games of the regular season on road and their #1 goalie Jakub Kovář, who has been injured since Jan 25, will be with the team on this road trip.

Thanks but no thanks; if he's traveling with the team he must be close to returning to play.

12 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

what was Kovars injury. I tried to google it with no luck

48 minutes ago, hammertime said:

we dont have a single russian player. not sure how hes going to feel comming here? 

He will be another year older, have a 3rd World Juniour Championship under his belt, and another year of KHL pro experience, plus 2 years of KHL playoffs experience.

He will be better at English and a well-rounded but still young professional.

He'll be fine.

He'll be more than fine.

(And so will Tryamkin.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He fought a Russian player who cheap shotted Shore last time he was here.

I dont understand how that's relevant.

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Playoffs we need someone clearing the crease.

it doesn't help if he just lobs the puck the length of the ice though

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I dont understand how that's relevant.

it doesn't help if he just lobs the puck the length of the ice though

About as relevant as you saying we need a Russian player to babysit him.

Tryamkin has been working on his passing. I've been watching games. Some nice stretch passes, he made a beauty breakaway pass 3 games ago,

a lollipop pass over everyone's head and landed at the opposing blue line on his forwards stick, putting him in cold.

Plus he wins almost all his board battles and uses his large frame to protect the puck giving him time for the easy pass out of his zone.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

Honestly I'm not sure we need him icing the puck every time he touches it. I think I would prefer Stetcher in the 6 hole. 

And what are the relevancy of your posts?

You seem to be fear based and mongering over your own opinions.. from over 3 years ago.

It seems you haven’t been following this player or understand the true potential he brings.

To have him here, will far outweigh not having him here.

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Agreed. I have been day dreaming about the twin towers ever since the Peda days.

I was dreaming of Guddy and Edler being that pairing...that didn't work out well haha. I wonder where Peda is now? Haven't checked in on him since we traded him to Pitts. But yes and hell yes, and more yes...Try and Myers...:towel:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I was dreaming of Guddy and Edler being that pairing...that didn't work out well haha. I wonder where Peda is now? Haven't checked in on him since we traded him to Pitts. But yes and hell yes, and more yes...Try and Myers...:towel:

I like that pairing.  Tree does the heavy lifting and frees up pucks for Myers to move up ice.  

• Cheers 1