The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I checked the Avto and other Russian fan forums.

Basically they are happy for the Nikita's debut in the NHL especially the Avto fans since he is the first player from Yekaterinburg to play here.

Said that he was obviously very nervous and did not show many of his skills including his offensive game (joining the rush and staying in front of the opponent's net).

Russian fans were very surprised with the NHL point counting system and said that there was no way someone could get point in the KHL like Tryamkin yesterday after two more passes and shot to the net i.e. three more hockey actions.

Fans were pleasantly surprised that four Russian players played in the game yesterday, two for each team.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Q: Not many players start in the NHL with points. Do you feel that this is special moment? A: Yes obviously, but how would you not get points playing with such excellent players?  The game in general was pretty good. Our mistakes cost us but this is hockey. Only one who does not do anything does not make mistake. We will try to improve the situation and get better results.

Damn. That was profound.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

There is an interview with Nikita in Russian media after the first game: http://www.championat.com/hockey/article-243346-trjamkin-rossijskaja-para-zashhitnikov-v-vankuvere-jeto-kruto.html . I will try to translate...

Awesome, thanks for doing that. My Russian is pretty weak... all I caught in his interview at Rogers arena was "malenkiy led". Oh well! 

13 hours ago, ABNucksfan said:

"You think a little bit and someone is already approaching you to destroy."

Quote of the year right there. 

Its basically the Russian version of what Virtanen said about adjusting to the speed of the league. I know its popular to Benning-bash but man was it a smart move to get this guy some games at the end of this year. I wonder what kind of "bonus" Aquilini had to wire back to the old country? We'll never know but I have no doubt some Rubles had to be exchanged to get him out of his KHL deal. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Awesome, thanks for doing that. My Russian is pretty weak... all I caught in his interview at Rogers arena was "malenkiy led". Oh well! 

His interviews in Russian are much more interesting than the ones in English, that's for sure :)

IHC Avtomobilist @IHCAvtomobilist Mar 16

IHC Avtomobilist Retweeted Vancouver Canucks

Начинаем день с хорошей новости: Никита Трямкин сейчас проводит первый матч в @NHL и уже набрал первое очко! #hcavto https://twitter.com/vancanucks/status/710293292332650496 

Translation: Let's begin the day with some good news: Nikita Tryamkin is playing right now in his first NHL game and has already got his first point!

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 3

looks to be more of a friendly giant so far, but that said he could be trying to stay away from taking a penalty. Really like his game and how he effectively uses his stick and makes a good pass.

Keep on Keeping on #88, let Pedan be the aggressive one for now your time will come

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Yotes said:

looks to be more of a friendly giant so far, but that said he could be trying to stay away from taking a penalty. Really like his game and how he effectively uses his stick and makes a good pass.

Keep on Keeping on #88, let Pedan be the aggressive one for now your time will come

This^

The physicality will come. Beeter to fine tune his game and adjust to the NHL for now. Its more about showing the coach and managment he CAN play in this league this year.

Edited by McHortanen
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

Well he just come from the KHL where play in general is much softer and you don't see big hits at all. Tryamkin has been penalized there many times for just been too strong and he obviously needed to adjust his play to the KHL unwritten rules. Now he is in transition period being asked to play much more aggressive style - that is why IMHO he needs Pedan to learn the physical aspect of D play, Dan Hamhuis is just too nice guy in that regard... And Sbisa, another physical defenseman, is injured.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Well he just come from the KHL where play in general is much softer and you don't see big hits at all. Tryamkin has been penalized there many times for just been too strong and he obviously needed to adjust his play to the KHL unwritten rules. Now he is in transition period being asked to play much more aggressive style - that is why IMHO he needs Pedan to learn the physical aspect of D play, Dan Hamhuis is just too nice guy in that regard... And Sbisa, another physical defenseman, is injured.

I missed the game today - can you summarize and let me know how he did !