The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Is it really that hard to believe that he might be out of shape compared to our NHL players, or that he may still be jet lagged, or maybe the fact he has a hard time in the conditioning department considering he is 6'8 240 pounds?  Or should we just refuse that there is anything wrong with our shiny new toy?

Or we could just call him a bust like you were Virtanen right.

• Upvote 4

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Is it really that hard to believe that he might be out of shape compared to our NHL players, or that he may still be jet lagged?  Or should we just refuse that there is anything wrong with our shiny new toy?  

That could be the case. Especially the jet lag. But like I said, there were a lot of guys hunched over and struggling today. WD made em work. 

10 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah I definitely called Virtanen a bust.  That is 100% a true statement...

What is your  obsession with my comments regarding Jake?  Stop following me around you little weirdo

You are in the prospect section last time I checked there are only about 20 people  who post in this section, he to call it following is unsubstantiated.

A 23 year old showing less maturity than some of the 9 year olds on this board is impressive, you should be proud of yourself

19 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

That could be the case. Especially the jet lag. But like I said, there were a lot of guys hunched over and struggling today. WD made em work. 

Jon Abbott @HockeyAbbs 1h1 hour ago

#Canucks Desjardins on Tryamkin after skate "I don't think his conditioning is great right now. He looked good for practice, though..."

#Canucks Desjardins says it is a lot to ask of Tryamkin to play in the top 6, but that would be great. WD just wants him to fit in and play.

Desjardins says Tryamkin has a lot of natural ability and he wants to give him a taste of the #NHL so he can develop and prepare for 2016-17.

Just now, Stierlitz said:

#Canucks Desjardins says it is a lot to ask of Tryamkin to play in the top 6, but that would be great. WD just wants him to fit in and play.

Desjardins says Tryamkin has a lot of natural ability and he wants to give him a taste of the #NHL so he can develop and prepare for 2016-17.

all makes too much sense to me, get the guy some games in the nhl now, see where he needs work, get his conditioning up and hopefully he comes back early and has a great camp leading in to next season. Im just excited to see this giant play for us, my expectations nothing. 

Lets just see how he plays, and see what he does during the off season and how he comes back next year. 

29 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah I definitely called Virtanen a bust.  That is 100% a true statement...

What is your  obsession with my comments regarding Jake?  Stop following me around you little weirdo

You constantly try to start confrontation on the internet because you have nothing else to do during the day.  Poor guy 

There is nothing wrong with Deniro saying what he said.. We all have to be accountable for what we say.  Don't worry though he doesn't handle it any better than you do ;) 

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

His conditioning isn't great!?   That's strange...

I don't even know what the heck you are talking about.

I wonder if the bigger ice allows for guys to take longer and less intense shifts, so their fitness is not up to NHL standards?  I heard the Canuck's colour guy, Dave Tomlinson, say that many D on the big ice stay in between the dots.  I wonder if Tryamkin was spending a lot of time doing that?

17 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

conditioning probs a wee little more than jet lag. I'm sure they will be giving him a conditioning regiment for the summer. :lol:

I don't think anyone should be surprised that a prospect who's been playing in a lesser league and is his size is not yet at elite conditioning level like say, the Sedins.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

I don't think anyone should be surprised that a prospect who's been playing in a lesser league and is his size is not yet at elite conditioning level like say, the Sedins.

I like the big Guy's up side, but he will find the pace of play A LOT faster than he's ever seen.  I think we will see him standing still in front of our net.  The first five games will be a struggle, but once he gets his legs - WATCH OUT!  

Just now, Alflives said:

I like the big Guy's up side, but he will find the pace of play A LOT faster than he's ever seen.  I think we will see him standing still in front of our net.  The first five games will be a struggle, but once he gets his legs - WATCH OUT!  

I'm more concerned about him getting stuck out there on long shifts, icings etc. His stamina is not going to be NHL level (and given his size, likely won't be for a while).

At the very least, even standing still he'll still cover nearly half the defensive zone by himself :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

I'm more concerned about him getting stuck out there on long shifts, icings etc. His stamina is not going to be NHL level (and given his size, likely won't be for a while).

At the very least, even standing still he'll still cover nearly half the defensive zone by himself :lol:

I wonder if he gets partnered with Hamhuis?  Maybe keeping Hamhuis at the TDL was a good thing, considering we need mentor ship on the back end?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, J.R. said:

good to be bagged hard... humble him a little and give him something to work towards. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ABNucksfan said:

Has video of the bag skate. 

http://www.theprovince.com/video+nikita+tryamkin+canucks+debut+amid+heap+injuries/11786856/story.html

conditioning probs a wee little more than jet lag. I'm sure they will be giving him a conditioning regiment for the summer. :lol:

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma 8h8 hours ago

Burrows on bag-skate: "I remember with AV, we used to have them every week and after every day off. It kept guys honest. I don’t mind it."

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma 8h8 hours ago

Burrows on bag-skate: "We should have more. It keeps guys sharp. You have to do the right things day in and day out so you don’t get them."

• Upvote 1

So the panic button has already been pushed? Cool. He's always going to be the worst conditioned skater on the team. There's just too much muscle mass to supply oxygen to. Let's get the muscletards back here for another 10 pages of how people with bigger muscles will require more oxygen and will be sucking wind more than people with less muscle mass.

I'm gonna guess the game will be a different story and there will be enough rest period in between shifts for him to recover. If he's showing signs of fatigue during the game it could turn into an embarrassing situation, but it's good to have him in these games so that he figures out the pace and the conditioning level required. Imagine if he wasn't working hard enough and came to camp next year out of shape. That would be much worse than finding out now and being able to do something about it straight away.                                                              

• Upvote 3