The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I think we've been pretty lucky with how both Hutton and Trymakin have developed. We went from having no defense prospects to having at least 2 with NHL upside

it's a beginning of the process of making the d core much stronger than it is. hopefully Tryamkin and Hutton continue to develop. Hutton at least has proven he can play and seems to belong in the NHL level. 

10 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

McCann is tiny

he needs to put on weight this summer. I can't really imagine him coming back next season with no weight gain. and he's probably gonna spend at least the first half of the season down in the AHL for development purposes. unless of course he forces managements hand again like he did this year. if the kid belongs he belongs. but if he's in the line up for next season. can't see him playing fourth line minutes. May as well just send him to Utica to play heavy minutes and in all situations. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

he needs to put on weight this summer. I can't really imagine him coming back next season with no weight gain. and he's probably gonna spend at least the first half of the season down in the AHL for development purposes. unless of course he forces managements hand again like he did this year. if the kid belongs he belongs. but if he's in the line up for next season. can't see him playing fourth line minutes. May as well just send him to Utica to play heavy minutes and in all situations. 

Really adrenalin got him the roster spot this year. Me thinks management won't be fooled second time a round ....you can fool me once etc etc

21 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks 3h3 hours ago

Prior to take off for Winnipeg, some of the young guys have different priorities: food or technology. pic.twitter.com/921lYPVpzQ

CeGVfpxUYAA6hE7.jpg

Horrible hair, all three of them should be ashamed, especially McCann.  Maybe that's why he gets owned in the dot, when he huddles over his hair probably gets in his eyes.

27 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Horrible hair, all three of them should be ashamed, especially McCann.  Maybe that's why he gets owned in the dot, when he huddles over his hair probably gets in his eyes.

Let me guess, you have the ceaser cut or a buzz cut? Virt's hair is in style these days old man. :P

4 minutes ago, Erik Karlsson said:

Let me guess, you have the ceaser cut or a buzz cut? Virt's hair is in style these days old man. :P

You can set your watch to my hairstyle, respect your elders son.:emot-parrot:

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

We should use big T as our screen on the power play. Sit that big body in front of the net! 

or on a PP unit on the point, let him shoot the puck more as he gains confidence. I believe he was on the PP in the KHL on the point. Not sure if there has ever been a radar gun to clock how hard his slap shot is. I would assume mid to high 90's hopefully higher

• Upvote 1

Thought he looked good today. Second straight game over 20 minutes; 2 hits, no blocked shots. Good stick work, some nice pushback, and I can't recall any mistakes. Seems solid as a defender, but I'd like to see a bit more offense from him in the last stretch. Feed the big man some one-timers on the point and have guys crash the net.

I think his play right and his impending improvement warrants a Hamhuis extension. Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, and Tryamkin would do well shutting down the other team's top lines, leaving Hutton and maybe the other KHL import Larsen to generate offense from the backend. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Blömqvist said:

Thought he looked good today. Second straight game over 20 minutes; 2 hits, no blocked shots. Good stick work, some nice pushback, and I can't recall any mistakes. Seems solid as a defender, but I'd like to see a bit more offense from him in the last stretch. Feed the big man some one-timers on the point and have guys crash the net.

I think his play right and his impending improvement warrants a Hamhuis extension. Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, and Tryamkin would do well shutting down the other team's top lines, leaving Hutton and maybe the other KHL import Larsen to generate offense from the backend. 

I really think the bolded is a good idea

4 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Seems solid as a defender, but I'd like to see a bit more offense from him in the last stretch.

Every game played so far Tryamkin occasionally joined the rush and did not get any pass from his teammates despite being wide open on his side...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Back in the Motherland, occasionally, Nikita's Comrades would refer to him as                     "Otel' Baran"   or   "The Ram"   

Nikita "TheRam" Tryamkin  will never fully dominate offensively in this league until he grows comfortable defensively.  You can tell management is not expecting him to put pucks in the net....at 21 years old and so much potential, there is no need to rush offensive development. 

Some people may be wondering, after 4 games in the NHL, how could a  6" 7' giant from Russia be in the running for the lady bing?  But don't be "fooled"    This boy is a Beast in the making, and I suggest everyone watching, remember these games, because we may never see him be so gentle again!

5 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Every game played so far Tryamkin occasionally joined the rush and did not get any pass from his teammates despite being wide open on his side...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

i noticed this also, nice to see him try and join the rush. As time goes on I think if he continues to do this he will be wide open and guys will see him as the only viable pass option. Cant force passes like many Canucks were trying to do last night.

I dont expect Tryamkin to be a scorer but if he gets 4-8g a year and 10-20a a year and is a solid pk reliable defender that is a bonus to me.

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Caught that too Steirlitz,.  Really hope they give him the "green light" over the weekend..  Let him extend himself into making mistakes so that he can watch himself in the video room.  It will give him the full perspective of understanding the counter attack  on the smaller ice..

but even in the few instances he has jumped up,.  He was fully aware that there was a forward able to switch position..

this may be more of a lesson for the forwards he plays with than the Big Ram himself.

would dearly love to see him going over center ice at full tilt..  He would be hard to stop ans very hard to take the puck from.

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Caught that too Steirlitz,.  Really hope they give him the "green light" over the weekend..  Let him extend himself into making mistakes so that he can watch himself in the video room.  It will give him the full perspective of understanding the counter attack  on the smaller ice..

but even in the few instances he has jumped up,.  He was fully aware that there was a forward able to switch position..

this may be more of a lesson for the forwards he plays with than the Big Ram himself.

would dearly love to see him going over center ice at full tilt..  He would be hard to stop ans very hard to take the puck from.

seems like Willie's trusting Tryamkin more and more after each game. that should only give Tryamkin more confidence as he continues to play the final stretch of the season here. hoping he has a good offseason to work on his conditioning even more and game. I'm excited to see what he brings next year. can't imagine he goes to the AHL at the rate of his growth and play the last few games. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

seems like Willie's trusting Tryamkin more and more after each game. that should only give Tryamkin more confidence as he continues to play the final stretch of the season here. hoping he has a good offseason to work on his conditioning even more and game. I'm excited to see what he brings next year. can't imagine he goes to the AHL at the rate of his growth and play the last few games. 

Surely there is s Sushi Restaurant close to the rink in Vancouver that would throw him meal vouchers to persuade him to train here over the Summer ? ;) 

11 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Hutton knows this very well.  Many times he's gone to the net and been wide open but never fed the puck.  Pedan has also been willing to skate the puck out and join the rush.

Canuck forwards need to start recognizing this, especially with Larsen coming in next year.   Will be nice to see some offense generated from back there finally.  The past few years, forwards have battled hard to dig out the puck and passed it back to the point, only to have the defencemen fire it back into the corner because they can't make a play or take a shot without getting it blocked.  Looking at you guys -- Tanev, Bieksa, Sbisa, Hamhuis, Bartkowski, even Edler.  Hutton, Pedan, and Tryamkin have already showed they keep their head up and look for shooting lanes and will MOVE to find them, and Larsen even moreso.  Not just stand there with it, try to figure out what to do, then give up and fire it back into the corner.

• Upvote 2