The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Man I miss this big guy. Willie D really screwed with his development in my mind. Now to think of it who dint willie screw over? Bo maybe? 

Its to bad he didn't stay because you could really see him being in the DelZotto spot, playing big minutes and being Greens type of player. 

Heres hoping he comes back one day as I think he really wants to be an NHL player

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Man I miss this big guy. Willie D really screwed with his development in my mind. Now to think of it who dint willie screw over? Bo maybe? 

Its to bad he didn't stay because you could really see him being in the DelZotto spot, playing big minutes and being Greens type of player. 

Heres hoping he comes back one day as I think he really wants to be an NHL player

He'll need a new number.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Tanev will be gone by then so he can have 8 or Gaud can take 8 back and big try can have 88. I prefer 88 on Tryamkin as its a big number for a huge player. fits nicer.

I certainly hope the scenario you present comes to fruition.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

we all have coaches/bosses we don't like.  Professionals know how to deal with it and get the most out of it that they can.  Try was completely unprofessional about the whole thing.  He made himself and the organization look bad.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

we all have coaches/bosses we don't like.  Professionals know how to deal with it and get the most out of it that they can.  Try was completely unprofessional about the whole thing.  He made himself and the organization look bad.

Tryamkin is only responsible for himself, so if his actions made the Canucks look bad, that's not on him.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tryamkin is only responsible for himself, so if his actions made the Canucks look bad, that's not on him.

we'll agree to disagree.  He was treated more than fairl.  IN fact, they gave in to many of his requests that other players would never make.  They gave him every opportunity, asking him only to be patient and earn his spot.  He puted and took his ball and went home, then trashed and coach (whom I disliked) and the org in the media.  I love Try and would welcome him back with open arms, but what he did was childish

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

we'll agree to disagree.

Fair enough.

Just now, stawns said:

He was treated more than fairl.  IN fact, they gave in to many of his requests that other players would never make.  They gave him every opportunity, asking him only to be patient and earn his spot.  He puted and took his ball and went home, then trashed and coach (whom I disliked) and the org in the media.  I love Try and would welcome him back with open arms, but what he did was childish

From my perspective, he really only trashed Desjardins in his complaint about ice time. Rightfully so. I don't recollect him making any statements about management.

I do think that management did kind of drop the ball when they suggested that he go to Utica for conditioning. Benning signed the same contract Tryamkin did that stated that playing for the AHL wasn't an option, so asking him to do something outside of contractual obligations wasn't the best idea.

That being said, leaving for the KHL, especially after Desjardins had rightfully been axed, made no sense. Could Nikita not have stayed and seen how things would play out with Green? I do feel that he acted like a bit of an entitled player. In the same breath, I think there might be some truth to him going back home for family reasons too, which I wouldn't blame anyone for.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough.

From my perspective, he really only trashed Desjardins in his complaint about ice time. Rightfully so. I don't recollect him making any statements about management.

I do think that management did kind of drop the ball when they suggested that he go to Utica for conditioning. Benning signed the same contract Tryamkin did that stated that playing for the AHL wasn't an option, so asking him to do something outside of contractual obligations wasn't the best idea.

That being said, leaving for the KHL, especially after Desjardins had rightfully been axed, made no sense. Could Nikita not have stayed and seen how things would play out with Green? I do feel that he acted like a bit of an entitled player. In the same breath, I think there might be some truth to him going back home for family reasons too, which I wouldn't blame anyone for.

I think they expected him to show up in the shape required to be a player in the top league in the world.  He wasn't even close.  He would have been out of shape for the AHL.  The Canucks, one would assume, offered and signed that contract under that assumption. When he didn't, they treated him like they would any other player and asked him to go to Utica, where they player less frequently and train more, to get in shape and then come back.

His entire approach to coming over was bush league, imo.  He clearly didn't understand what being an NHL player entailed and wasn't ready for it mentally.  I don't hold it against him, but he handled it all very poorly and got some very bad advice from those around him. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Team needs always come first. Players can't always expect to just be handed playing minutes.

In general, he was showing that he has potential to be a first pairing D in the NHL, but he was also still learning the North American game. Its the coaches job to play who he feels is best suited to each situation and who matches up best against each specific team. Those needs change from game to game and opponent to opponent.

If you look at how the Sedin's are being deployed this year, they are playing more in some games than others. Even though their speed is diminishing over the last few years, Green is giving them the best opportunity to contribute and use their overall puck skills by deploying them more against some teams than others.

Hockey is a team sport. As much as I really hope that Tryamkin comes back in a couple of years, he has to be willing to always put the teams needs ahead of his own. Was he left off the Russian Olympic team because the felt he couldn't do that? Who know...maybe he was???

Ultimately, players have to trust the coach at all times to be making the best decisions possible to create the best opportunity to win. If a player can't accept that, they shouldn't be here.

If a coach doesn't get the results that are expected, then he gets replaced!

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I think they expected him to show up in the shape required to be a player in the top league in the world.  He wasn't even close.  He would have been out of shape for the AHL.  The Canucks, one would assume, offered and signed that contract under that assumption. When he didn't, they treated him like they would any other player and asked him to go to Utica, where they player less frequently and train more, to get in shape and then come back.

His entire approach to coming over was bush league, imo.  He clearly didn't understand what being an NHL player entailed and wasn't ready for it mentally.  I don't hold it against him, but he handled it all very poorly and got some very bad advice from those around him. 

Is this Willie Desjardins??

That seems to be his opinion too.

• Cheers 1

On 3/29/2018 at 10:42 AM, stawns said:

Ok. 

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Is this Willie Desjardins??

That seems to be his opinion too.

Yeh Ty always said he could play at this level , and when he did he did. Knocking guys over was easy for him. Someone at 6'2 knocking someone over who is 6'2 is not always as easy. Bigger guys always struggle to be as fit as smaller guys. anyways . Hope he comes back soon.

• Cheers 3

Could it just be that he is another player who has all the potential in the world but does not have the desire, commitment or work ethic to do what it takes to succeed in the NHL.

He appears satisfied to get paid well (compared to the majority of other Russians) to play a game without really having to work hard at it in his home country surrounded by family and friends.   

That's what I see anyways.  It's his life.

Edited by Borvat

On 2018-03-29 at 10:42 AM, stawns said:

He’s a young guy, he will learn hopefully.  

Id have a bigger problem if he was sleeping with his teammates’ wives :lol:

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He’s a young guy, he will learn hopefully.  

Id have a bigger problem if he was sleeping with his teammates’ wives :lol:

I agree, I would welcome him back.  I loved his game

On 29/03/2018 at 5:19 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Screwed with his development? Explain.