The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I blame WD.  He wouldn’t let T have the keys to the submarine for any of the weekend parties 

seriously though... the team is desperate for a player like him.  If we start being competitive maybe he will consider it again.

or maybe if his family moves to Vladivostok.

Edited by canucksnihilist

On 3/14/2018 at 6:42 AM, aGENT said:

If any of it's on the water, Try could get a nice speed boat for his commute downtown and avoid the roads :lol:

Unfortunately no, all farm land around his area...lotsa ground hogs...maybe he likes to ground hog hunt lol? My dad has a never ending battle with them. Kinda sad to see it get split up, but he bought it years ago for cheap and knew it would be a good retirement plan!

• Cheers 1

Bad news for Avtomobilist..

what I could translate..

MOSCOW, Mar 14 - RIA Novosti, Alexander Rogulev. The Ekaterinburg hockey club Avtomobilist will not renew the contract with head coach Vladimir Krikunov for the next season, RIA Novosti director of the Ural club Maxim Ryabkov said. "Motorist" under the direction of Krikunov in the current season could not overcome the stage of the 1/8 finals of the Gagarin Cup, losing Magnitogorsk "Metallurg". The contract of Krikunov, who headed the Urals in October 2016, expired at the end of the season. "We are grateful to Vladimir Vasilievich for the one and a half season spent in our club.We have achieved the best result in the history of the club in the history of the club and on points scored, both in the place and in the wasted pucks, this is his merit. season in general and after the performance in the playoffs we jointly decided that we will not prolong the relationship for the next season, which we discussed with Vladimir Vasilyevich yesterday, "Ryabkov said by phone. "With the new coach we are working on the shortlist, we are in contact with certain candidates, or with their representatives," Ryabkov added. "But there is no final clarity at this time, we do not intend to delay the process too much, we would like the coach came as soon as possible, but on the other hand, we are not in time trouble, we will look for the optimal candidate who agrees to work on optimal conditions for the club and for him. "

53 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Bad news for Avtomobilist..

what I could translate..

MOSCOW, Mar 14 - RIA Novosti, Alexander Rogulev. The Ekaterinburg hockey club Avtomobilist will not renew the contract with head coach Vladimir Krikunov for the next season, RIA Novosti director of the Ural club Maxim Ryabkov said. "Motorist" under the direction of Krikunov in the current season could not overcome the stage of the 1/8 finals of the Gagarin Cup, losing Magnitogorsk "Metallurg". The contract of Krikunov, who headed the Urals in October 2016, expired at the end of the season. "We are grateful to Vladimir Vasilievich for the one and a half season spent in our club.We have achieved the best result in the history of the club in the history of the club and on points scored, both in the place and in the wasted pucks, this is his merit. season in general and after the performance in the playoffs we jointly decided that we will not prolong the relationship for the next season, which we discussed with Vladimir Vasilyevich yesterday, "Ryabkov said by phone. "With the new coach we are working on the shortlist, we are in contact with certain candidates, or with their representatives," Ryabkov added. "But there is no final clarity at this time, we do not intend to delay the process too much, we would like the coach came as soon as possible, but on the other hand, we are not in time trouble, we will look for the optimal candidate who agrees to work on optimal conditions for the club and for him. "

"Wasted pucks"?!..we know a bit about that!

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

"Wasted pucks"?!..we know a bit about that!

Google Translate Nux !

... maybe they might Pencil in Willie Desjardins ??

Now That would be a great fake news story to start in Russia ;) ... sure to get Nik back on a plane to Vancouver.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Google Translate Nux !

... maybe they might Pencil in Willie Desjardins ??

Now That would be a great fake news story to start in Russia ;) ... sure to get Nik back on a plane to Vancouver.

I thrived on broken translations while abroad, ferGawdsakes! The troubles I'd have if folks understood me...

• Haha 1

Atvo is in rebuild or should be. Their defense is pretty strong with a couple big guys besides Try. Their forwards are good but way too small. They should sell Try back to us and buy some better forwards. These ones got their a**es handed to them by MMG.

• Upvote 1

I'm praying he comes back, he really is something special. He's big like Chara, fantastic defending 2 on 1s, and he has speed and is not scared to go end to end and create a scoring chance. He did seem to lay off his physicality while here but judging by his PIM over there I don't think that'll be a problem anymore. I have very high hopes for him and I hope he chooses to come back and help us win that cup. 

Man I see a very bright future for us here in Vancouver, these down years will be so worth it, especially if we get Dahlin this year.

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Lind

XXXXX Gaudette XXXXX

XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

Dahlin Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher

Hutton/Pouliot Gudbranson

Demko

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I'm praying he comes back, he really is something special. He's big like Chara, fantastic defending 2 on 1s, and he has speed and is not scared to go end to end and create a scoring chance. He did seem to lay off his physicality while here but judging by his PIM over there I don't think that'll be a problem anymore. I have very high hopes for him and I hope he chooses to come back and help us win that cup. 

Man I see a very bright future for us here in Vancouver, these down years will be so worth it, especially if we get Dahlin this year.

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Lind

XXXXX Gaudette XXXXX

XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

Dahlin Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher

Demko

After watching him in that series I would be perfectly fine if he is coached to be a stay at home D. And I would further say it would be fine for Try not to 'search' for big hits, that just finishing his checks is enough (they hurt). But for him to stay out of penalty trouble and eat up huge chunks of minutes Edler style. Especially on the PK and matching up against bigger lines. (ie Wpg) I think to play within himself. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Lind

XXXXX Gaudette XXXXX

XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

Dahlin Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher

Demko

If he comes back, it'll be around when our new core is beginning to take shape. Perfect timing.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

If he comes back, it'll be around when our new core is beginning to take shape. Perfect timing.

We really need Tryamkin.  The guy is not only huge, but he is proving he can play big minutes, and contribute offence.  

I think JB, and Aqualini should fly to Russia, and convince Tryamkin to come back. They should just pay off the team he plays for. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We really need Tryamkin.  The guy is not only huge, but he is proving he can play big minutes, and contribute offence.  

I think JB, and Aqualini should fly to Russia, and convince Tryamkin to come back. They should just pay off the team he plays for. 

That's called cap circumvention. Tryamkin has to buy out his own contract.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Can't we pay him more then (in his contract with us) so he has the cash to pay off his Russian team?

Sure.  It’ll raise the AAV of his contract. The problrn Is convincing  him to do it.  It’s not like he was run out of town. He went back to the KHL for a reason. He signed a 3 year contract and has been directly quoted as saying he intends to play it out. 

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

After watching him in that series I would be perfectly fine if he is coached to be a stay at home D. And I would further say it would be fine for Try not to 'search' for big hits, that just finishing his checks is enough (they hurt). But for him to stay out of penalty trouble and eat up huge chunks of minutes Edler style. Especially on the PK and matching up against bigger lines. (ie Wpg) I think to play within himself. 

I realize the reality of him taking 2 more years to get here Hairy,  but I salivate thinking of watching a Tryamkin / Tkchuck match up... leaving Gudbranson with Ferland ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I realize the reality of him taking 2 more years to get here Hairy,  but I salivate thinking of watching a Tryamkin / Tkchuck match up... leaving Gudbranson with Ferland ;) 

In the long game (playing his full contract- which I hope he doesn't) I try to think of it as a year and a half. Hoping with Atvo's rebuild they'll get knocked out in the 1st round and he can join us in March 2020 :towel:

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2