The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

4-5 years..   4-5m per

Not a chance! 

I’m going to say at the very most 2-3 mill and there will Be a bridge deal in place we don’t owe him anything and he hasn’t proven anything 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Not a chance! 

I’m going to say at the very most 2-3 mill and there will Be a bridge deal in place we don’t owe him anything and he hasn’t proven anything 

He had a 3 year contract offer from the canucks before he left. He was good then and he's gotten much better since. 4x4.5 

• Upvote 1

He’ll want 3.5 million, Canucks will offer him 2.5 million and they’ll probably meet in the middle 

On 5/5/2019 at 7:55 PM, GoldenAlien said:

Hutton signed his extension a month into his sophomore season, for $2.8m x 2 years.  I would expect Tryamkin to get something similar.  It would be a nice bump from the reported $1m he's making.  Or the team could offer three years if he joins in March 2020, with a big signing bonus in the first year.  He gets to burn a year off by playing for a month, and could get close to a full year's pay.  That would be a good incentive to lure him, plus we could negotiate a lower AAV in the remaining years as a result.

Tryamkin confirmed that Benning offered him a two year, one way deal when he left.  Not much has changed, at most I can see three full years, maybe $3m per because you're buying an extra UFA year.  That could be four years if he burns a year off by coming in March.  But I don't think either side would want to commit to longer than that, and you're not going to pay much more than $3m for a guy who's essentially in the bridge contract stage. 

I'd love to see the Big Guy back this summer.  Maybe the contract could include a signing bonus to buy out the final year with his KHL team.  Of course, the money has to come from Tryamkin, but there is nothing stopping Benning from making those dollars part of Nikita's next contract.  I'd say Natita is worth 3 to 3.5 per season over a three year term.  Increase that to 4 per year, then Nakita has the extra dollars to buy out his KHL contract.  

It's really simple.  Just do it!

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

4-5 years..   4-5m per

I'd imagine both sides will want a shorter term deal in the 1-3 year range to gauge where he's at, how committed he is etc from the team side and to earn more money on the player side.

I'd ball park it in the +/- 2 year $3-$3.5m range.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, Fred65 said:

All the talk is about rebuilding the D. Sign a FA or trade etc. All the while they have a prospect sitting in Russia who can ( or I'm lead to believe) buy himself out. It has to be initiated by Tryamkin true and paid by him .... but you can compensate for that cost by giving him an equal signing bonus. Why would you pay $3 million to another MDZ FA clone when you can bring in a young prospect for a million. I don't get it 

he has to want to come over though, that's the stumbling block

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'd imagine both sides will want a shorter term deal in the 1-3 year range to gauge where he's at, how committed he is etc from the team side and to earn more money on the player side.

I'd ball park it in the +/- 2 year $3-$3.5m range.

I agree with you,. But my thought process went further on term and more money (4-5yrs, 4-5 m per) for the value we have in Nik in that 3-4-5 year mark.

By the time Nik would get to those years, that 4 mil would look like this years 2.5-3 mil with the cap rising almost 8-10 mil a year.

If he likes to stick to contracts, perhaps there is more comfort for both parties in a longer term?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I agree with you,. But my thought process went further on term and more money (4-5yrs, 4-5 m per) for the value we have in Nik in that 3-4-5 year mark.

By the time Nik would get to those years, that 4 mil would look like this years 2.5-3 mil with the cap rising almost 8-10 mil a year.

If he likes to stick to contracts, perhaps there is more comfort for both parties in a longer term?

The longer term would only work if both the player and the team are in agreement on just how valuable he is. I don't think he would be comfortable going longer term for a price the team would be comfortable with, and I don't think the team would be comfortable going longer term with a price that would make him happy.

• Cheers 1

I can see them both wanting to go long term. Its not just if he's worth that much, there other things in play here. We don't have that kind of size or skill on our backend to play hard ball. Jim Benning is gunna be on a shorter leash this time next year and will do anything to sign him to maintain job security, all the main prospects are already here or guaranteed to be here next year. The fans and ownership still have a lot left to be desired. If and when this signing does take place, as long as its under 5 mil cap hit, i don't think term matters to much because its a tradeable asset. He can play in the NHL he's already proved it.

15 hours ago, internationalhippy said:

I can see them both wanting to go long term. Its not just if he's worth that much, there other things in play here. We don't have that kind of size or skill on our backend to play hard ball. Jim Benning is gunna be on a shorter leash this time next year and will do anything to sign him to maintain job security, all the main prospects are already here or guaranteed to be here next year. The fans and ownership still have a lot left to be desired. If and when this signing does take place, as long as its under 5 mil cap hit, i don't think term matters to much because its a tradeable asset. He can play in the NHL he's already proved it.

I think Try would want a short deal, using a return to russia as leverage on his next contract, likely a UFA deal.

18 hours ago, SilentSam said:

That’s crazy talk.   He hasn’t done anything close to deserving that money or term.  

Who cares what he wants? If he needs more special treatment, he can stay in Russia.  

30 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

That’s crazy talk.   He hasn’t done anything close to deserving that money or term.  

Who cares what he wants? If he needs more special treatment, he can stay in Russia.  

You must have missed a lot that went on in his rookie season as a 21-22 year old with us. It’s not like he has stopped developing or playing hockey.

Lots of posters here really haven’t followed him, but to say he is worth less than what the Canucks might offer Hutton, is simply ridiculous.

Just to jog your memory, here are some glimpses from the 60 odd games he played with us.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

You must have missed a lot that went on in his rookie season as a 21-22 year old with us. It’s not like he has stopped developing or playing hockey.

Lots of posters here really haven’t followed him, but to say he is worth less than what the Canucks might offer Hutton, is simply ridiculous.

Just to jog your memory, here are some glimpses from the 60 odd games he played with us.

I don’t need a jogging. I remember what he did.  

He was ok.   Maybe 2.75-3 mill at most I’d offer him.  2 years max.  

He needs to prove he wants to be here, and can handle being a top 4 dman if you want to pay him that.   

He proved to be a 3rd pairing guy who didn’t want to be here. 

That doesn’t scream 4-5 mill for 4-5 years.

That is insane.  

Also, what world are you living in where Hutton gets close to 5?  

Id be surprised  if he was even here next year, let alone close to 5 mill. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I don’t need a jogging. I remember what he did.  

He was ok.   Maybe 2.75-3 mill at most I’d offer him.  2 years max.  

He needs to prove he wants to be here, and can handle being a top 4 dman if you want to pay him that.   

He proved to be a 3rd pairing guy who didn’t want to be here. 

That doesn’t scream 4-5 mill for 4-5 years.

That is insane.  

Also, what world are you living in where Hutton gets close to 5?  

Id be surprised  if he was even here next year, let alone close to 5 mill. 

I think Nikita's salary here will depend on when he comes back.  If (hopefully) we can get him back this summer, then I think his salary will need to include extra to cover him buying out his final season with his KHL team.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Nikita's salary here will depend on when he comes back.  If (hopefully) we can get him back this summer, then I think his salary will need to include extra to cover him buying out his final season with his KHL team.  

Could that be done through bonuses? Give him say 2.5 million per plus 2 million in signing bonuses?

So why do people keep talking about him coming back?  

He has said multiple times he will honour

his contract, and he has another year to go.  

He hasn’t come out and said he wants to come back.  

So what gives?   

Are you all so bored that you spend the summer fantasizing about a #5-6 dman who doesn’t even want to be here?  

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

So why do people keep talking about him coming back?  

He has said multiple times he will honour

his contract, and he has another year to go.  

He hasn’t come out and said he wants to come back.  

So what gives?   

Are you all so bored that you spend the summer fantasizing about a #5-6 dman who doesn’t even want to be here?  

Technically it's still spring. :P

Our team's D will be a lot better with Tryamkin, than without.  

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Those were, quite literally, all of his highlights.

The Jenner hit was even replayed to extend the video a little due to there being nothing else.

His size and potential, skew the fact that he was wildly inconsistent and spent a lot of minutes in the realms of the invisible.

He sat because he was ineffective. I have no problem with this. 

A lot of fans blamed Willie D. for this but I say put the responsibility on the player to earn his spot and not think he's entitled to it.

He commented on not understanding why other players wanted to fight him for making a good hit. The fact is, he doesn't have to understand it but he does have to accept it.

This is not the KHL. This is the NHL; the pinnacle of hockey where the best in the world play. Every successful player in the league earned his success through blood, sweat, injury, and pain. 

The NHL is a physical league just as much a skill one. There are few players that will take a hit without taking exception to it. The Jaimie Benn incident (which was left out of your video) should serve as an example of what to expect in the NHL when playing physically.

If he can accept these conditions, he has a great chance at having a successful career here. If not, he should probably consider a long career in the KHL where he can play a softer game and not worry about having to back his play.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Those were, quite literally, all of his highlights.

The Jenner hit was even replayed to extend the video a little due to there being nothing else.

This:  ^

Versus

This:  v

6 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

The Jaimie Benn incident (which was left out of your video) should serve as an example of what to expect in the NHL when playing physically.

=  Ignorable Content 

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I think Try would want a short deal, using a return to russia as leverage on his next contract, likely a UFA deal.

If his next contract is a UFA deal, which is likely, he wouldn't need to use a return to Russia as leverage. The fact that probably at least half of the other 31 teams in the league would be delighted to pick him up as a UFA would be plenty of leverage.

• Upvote 1