The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Tryamkin plays right side.

Hughes Tryamkin is just a nearly perfect pairing.

If we buy out his contract for this year, what do you think he would sign for?  I’m thinking a 4x4 deal fits well but it’s a hard one to judge.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Hughes Tryamkin is just a nearly perfect pairing.

If we buy out his contract for this year, what do you think he would sign for?  I’m thinking a 4x4 deal fits well but it’s a hard one to judge.

I think he’d take a bridge more like 2 years, to try and up his $ value shortly thereafter. Just my .02$ 

7 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

He can play the right side or always plays the right side.  He is a lhd

He's LH'd but plays right side. Pretty sure he's played right side almost exclusively in Russia.

9 hours ago, aGENT said:

He's LH'd but plays right side. Pretty sure he's played right side almost exclusively in Russia.

Let's just say he comes over and plays RHD, who does he play with?  Edler or Hutton.. I am assuming Green and Benning would want to keep Schenn chained to Hughes hip for the season for protection.  You think that Hughes-Schenn can become the no.2 d pairing and a pair of Hutton/Juolevi-Tryamkin would work?

3 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Let's just say he comes over and plays RHD, who does he play with?  Edler or Hutton.. I am assuming Green and Benning would want to keep Schenn chained to Hughes hip for the season for protection.  You think that Hughes-Schenn can become the no.2 d pairing and a pair of Hutton/Juolevi-Tryamkin would work?

Schenn should not be in our starting 6 if everyone's healthy.

11 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

ok well then 7th, I would assume because he takes no shi_  from anyone and has that fear factor other players are afraid of

and your opinion?

My opinion is that he and Biega can fight it out for right side 'spare', the other can be in Utica. If all my wishes come true this year I'd like to see something like:

(Just examples, pairs would depend on chemistry etc)

Edler, Tanev

Hutton, Stecher

Hughes, Tryamkin (or UFA)

Sautner/Brisebois, Biega/Schenn duke it out as respective L/R spares.

Then after Juolevi's had a couple months to get up to speed, I'd look to move both Hutton and Tanev either/both of whom for a right D and recall OJ (could also happen in summer).

(again, just examples)

Edler, Trade

Hughes, Tryamkin/UFA

Juolevi, Stecher

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

My opinion is that he and Biega can fight it out for right side 'spare', the other can be in Utica. If all my wishes come true this year I'd like to see something like:

(Just examples, pairs would depend on chemistry etc)

Edler, Tanev

Hutton, Stecher

Hughes, Tryamkin (or UFA)

Sautner/Brisebois, Biega/Schenn duke it out as respective L/R spares.

Then after Juolevi's had a couple months to get up to speed, I'd look to move both Hutton and Tanev either/both of whom for a right D and recall OJ (could also happen in summer).

(again, just examples)

Edler, Trade

Hughes, Tryamkin/UFA

Juolevi, Stecher

Seems unlikely Tram comes over this summer but heres hoping. I think your hope aligns with mine very similarly but Id rather sign a vet LD and RD this offseason while including Sautner in a trade.

Start

Edler-Stecher

Hughes-Tanev

Hutton-UFA/Tram

UFA-Schenn

Leaves lots of room to trade pieces when players like Juolevi, Brisebois, Chatfield and Rafferty show they're ready.

End

Elder-Rafferty/UFA

Hughes-Tram/Schenn

Juolevi-Stecher

Might be worth looking at taking back an underperforming vet during the offseason/season. Byfuglein, Sekera, Russell come to mind as potential candidates.

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yes he's played mostly RD but o rare occasion has got stuck on line changes on LD which were interesting because his clearing passes were on his forehand which looked smoother than most of his RD.

4 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

One thing I noticed when he was here was his breakouts, he iced the puck a lot, or threw it up the boards without looking, very amateur of him I'm not going to lie but he always seemed a little nervous, it's not that he's incapable or anything and that's a good sign.  Other than that I can't recall much of what he struggled with, other than the regular things that any young player would struggle with.  It's a shame he left, he missed out on some very important developmental years.  Stupid Willie

Yes, he's very defense first now. I think he has offensive skill but I only saw flashes of it when they couldn't score, on the verge of elimination,  in the playoffs he would carry it more. The good thing he has good takeaway numbers, from the games I saw he won most of his 50/50 pucks along the boards. When he does take it to the net he looks pretty unstoppable but he rarely does that. 

• Cheers 1

What I liked about Tryamkin was for a big man he had good feet and could step up and into opponents at the blue line. Not many opponents liked to come down his side. Although not a scrapper by choice he can really level opponents and the physicality makes a difference. It's something IMO is lacking on the current D corp. I know he has to initiate leaving his KHL team and pay for his release himself but JB can include a bonus to cover that cost at signing. I don't know how, considering the current plight of the D, we can afford to not explore all opportunities. The only point I'm wondering about if management gives him a NTC it impacts the expansion draft 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The only point I'm wondering about if management gives him a NTC it impacts the expansion draft 

NTC don't effect the expansion draft. Pretty sure I just told you this elsewhere, last week:lol:

Also pretty sure he wouldn't qualify for an NTC anyway.

4 hours ago, Fred65 said:

What I liked about Tryamkin was for a big man he had good feet and could step up and into opponents at the blue line. Not many opponents liked to come down his side. Although not a scrapper by choice he can really level opponents and the physicality makes a difference. It's something IMO is lacking on the current D corp. I know he has to initiate leaving his KHL team and pay for his release himself but JB can include a bonus to cover that cost at signing. I don't know how, considering the current plight of the D, we can afford to not explore all opportunities. The only point I'm wondering about if management gives him a NTC it impacts the expansion draft 

NTC is not a concern, what's more concerning is a no-AHL clause like last time. If I'm JB I wouldn't give it to him. It's not about whether or not he gets sent to the AHL, he'll likely stick in the NHL albeit with a learning curve, but he needs to know he's not entitled to anything before proving himself.