The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

So how many games does Yekaterinburg have to lose now? Still two games?

One more loss. Next game March 10,

Canucks and his agent probably already have a tentative deal worked out from when he was here in January or February.,but then they haven't done any contracts at all, none.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Canucks and his agent probably already have a tentative deal worked out from when he was here in January or February.,but then they haven't done any contracts at all, none.

Sticking point is that he wants Goldy called up if he comes this season, and resigned and guaranteed with the big club next season so that he has a Russian speaking buddy to explain the system and Green/Baumgartner's instructions about how to execute the drop pass

Year after that is OK cos Podz will be on board by then

Just now, Googlie said:

Sticking point is that he wants Goldy called up if he comes this season, and resigned and guaranteed with the big club next season so that he has a Russian speaking buddy to explain the system and Green/Baumgartner's instructions about how to execute the drop pass

Not now, he liked Goldy and is a friend but there are no demands for Goldy to be here at all. He and his wife also speak better english now, not great but better. But the Canucks could do worse than getting another Russian speaking player on the team for next year, Besides I am sure Green or whichever coach will make sure there is understanding, that was Willie's big problem, he didn't talk to him.

And if you had to take one Goldy or Eriksson?

Edited by Lazurus

20 minutes ago, Googlie said:

space floating GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

You guys still get the National Enquirer down there ?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Not now, he liked Goldy and is a friend but there are no demands for Goldy to be here at all. He and his wife also speak better english now, not great but better. But the Canucks could do worse than getting another Russian speaking player on the team for next year, Besides I am sure Green or whichever coach will make sure there is understanding, that was Willie's big problem, he didn't talk to him.

giphy333.gif

JauntyOrdinaryIguanodon.gif

• Cheers 3

I don't think he needs a babysitter. He needs a D partner he can click with. 

But another trait I like in Tryamkin is his communication on the ice. He directs players with clarity as the play develops. When he sets his gun sights on a forward he knows where the play is going and points to his partner where to play. His communication is better now on ice because of his his improved confidence. I remember him doing that with Philip Larsen and he still does it. It reminds me of a middle linebacker in football. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Yes, we have cap space through LTIR. 

Boeser is skating with the team today and could be back before the end of the season.  They have 6M in LTIR cap space which they will no longer have once he is ready to return. 

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

I'd take Goldy in a heartbeat.  He has been excelling in Utica, 1st unit PP, first over the boards on PK (yes, and has done surprisingly well with 7 ppg's and 1 shg) 

I just wish he would shoot more (19 goals on 91 shots in 50 games vs. Boucher's 34 goals on 214 shots in 52 games).  He has done everything asked of him, hasn't complained and I do hope Benning re-signs him to at least 1 more year (but I fear that train has left the station)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Boeser is skating with the team today and could be back before the end of the season.  They have 6M in LTIR cap space which they will no longer have once he is ready to return. 

If Baertschi is out for an extended period, how much space will that add?  Just the cap savings that the AHL demotion garnered for us?

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think Nik and Zadorov were partners/ teammates on the 2014 WJ Team ?

Nik and Nik together would make the ice tilt.  It wouldn't be safe out there.  I don't think the other team would even enter our zone.  We wouldn't need to dress a goalie...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nik and Nik together would make the ice tilt.  It wouldn't be safe out there.  I don't think the other team would even enter our zone.  We wouldn't need to dress a goalie...

Podolzkin,.  Zadorov,.  and Tryamkin?

Animated GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hopefully Tryamkin and Myers will have a somewhat similar effect.

Good chance they'd at least be the tallest (and maybe heaviest) D pairing in NHL history.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 2