The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

34 minutes ago, mll said:

Boeser is skating with the team today and could be back before the end of the season.  They have 6M in LTIR cap space which they will no longer have once he is ready to return. 

Contract would be pro-rated. Easy to send down Benn and give Tree a pro-rated $2M contract (or less) to replace him.

Just now, SilentSam said:

Podolzkin,.  Zadorov,.  and Tryamkin?

Animated GIF

NHL teams are clamoring for big defense men, even if they can't skate all that great, but Tryamkin is a superior skater, they clear the front of the net, win board battles, usually pretty durable and their reach pushes players outside. AND if they have a mean streak, like Tryamkin showed every now and then, scary.

It would be great to get Zadorov, build from the back end out, but I doubt they would let him go for anything less than a 1rst round pick. No, just have to have Myers and Tryamkin on two different lines. Canucks could have a pretty stout defense for years with another addition of a guy like Zadoroz, he would be an almost perfect fit for the future.

• Like 1

Just now, Yung1 said:

Contract would be pro-rated. Easy to send down Benn and give Tree a pro-rated $2M contract (or less) to replace him.

IMO Tryamkin should be worth at least what Gudbranson was paid, but a show me deal is good too.

Maybe a two year, this year included, at 4 mil with a big signing bonus, I think the signing bonus would be prorated as well. A 4 mil hit would be around 12 grand a game the rest of the season.

At the least the team could see what they have for next year and he can't be any worse, he is the minute and plus minus leader on his team.

One other thing, someone to show him a better part of the city to live in, maybe even a part time concierge for awhile., Enough of a signing bonus for a good down payment on a house somewhere. This would be a good thing for a Sedin to help with, the rest of the team pretty much leave the city after the season I think.

Edited by Lazurus
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

IMO Tryamkin should be worth at least what Gudbranson was paid, but a show me deal is good too.

Maybe a two year, this year included, at 4 mil with a big signing bonus, I think the signing bonus would be prorated as well. A 4 mil hit would be around 12 grand a game the rest of the season.

At the least the team could see what they have for next year and he can't be any worse, he is the minute and plus minus leader on his team.

My guess is if he comes this season it’s a single year probably at what they offered him before he left 2m.

after that I think he is offered a 2-3 year at 2.5 - 3.5 per.

Of course this year could be tied into anything with term and making it go 4 yrs.

im leaning towards a 2 years starting next season to prove his worth..  

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, mll said:

Boeser is skating with the team today and could be back before the end of the season.  They have 6M in LTIR cap space which they will no longer have once he is ready to return. 

That's awesome news about Boeser, but we still have LOTS of LTIR. Just check Capfriendly. Markstrom will likely be moved to LTIR, and we still have Leivo and Ferland on there.

We can make it work, remember, if we signed Tryamkin today for 3.5 million per, its prorated. 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Yung1 said:

Unless Benn was papered down at the deadline (I don't think he was) then they can't send him to Utica.  I think of the current roster, only MacEwen was papered.

Just now, Googlie said:

Unless Benn was papered down at the deadline (I don't think he was) then they can't send him to Utica.  I think of the current roster, only MacEwen was papered.

He could be assigned and never go, if they make the playoffs the roster gets bigger so it isn't a problem they are just joining the rest of the black aces.

A fair amount of talk about Boeser coming back and improving the team, he would but, IMO, not as much a adding defense depth, toughness and overall increase the skill level. Tryamkin is in playoff mode now and played in the playoffs a could of season so he has some experience, more than Bo does now. With the state of the current players he might be as big an impact as Miller was, not on the point sheet but "space" for the little guys.

Edited by Lazurus

30 minutes ago, Googlie said:

You're right, I got that one wrong.

Still though, considering it's a pro-rated contract, I would think it wouldn't be terribly hard to fit him in with some LTIR relief or something. 

https://t.co/iJRJ5ZT8Ql

in comparison Datsyuk skated 3.99 kms today.

If you click on the link above to find the game sheet and Tryamkin’s individual players stats..

click again on the (+) at the end of his column,

this pops open vvv

528131C4-E265-4243-B59F-FD267A960AE0.thumb.png.38c0ee359bc22a9f8603ec1e288b1e4d.png

I’m sure these are some of the advanced stats we will get to see during the NHL playoffs.

Edited by SilentSam

17 hours ago, mll said:

wouldn't NT's cap hit be pro rated to the number of regular season games remaining? like 10 games left or whatever, so 1/8th of a season's cap hit.. 3.2 mill would only be 400,000 ish..

who would know these things? 

edit: nvm, looks like this has been covered

Edited by Glug Datt
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

https://t.co/iJRJ5ZT8Ql

in comparison Datsyuk skated 3.99 kms today.

If you click on the link above to find the game sheet and Tryamkin’s individual players stats..

click again on the (+) at the end of his column,

this pops open vvv

528131C4-E265-4243-B59F-FD267A960AE0.thumb.png.38c0ee359bc22a9f8603ec1e288b1e4d.png

I’m sure these are some of the advanced stats we will get to see during the NHL playoffs.

How many heartbeats per km? We neeed professional posts with complete data!  :^O!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Came to this thread just to see someone say they were 100% certain now Tryamkin CANNOT play for the Canucks this season...

...to then see someone say they were 110% certain he could.

I guess we will see soon enough.....maybe...

:ph34r:

Watch him for yourself.

7am. Pst Tuesday March 10th. Game 5

https://skorlive.com/icehockey 

Free. Click on. No names no addresses, no cards.   Game on.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1