The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Lol, was wondering why this thread took off in a couple of days.  Pretty sure he cannot play for us, otherwise you'd see a ton of Russian players signing with their NHL clubs.  And even if he did he still want to sign here, Green would put him in with little to no practice and most importantly the Nucks have to start winning or there wont be any playoff games for Tryamkin to play. 

I want him playing but I don't see it happening this year.

I am not sure if the Dec 1st deadline for RFAs applies to him or not.  You are right that we don't see teams adding KHL players at the end of the season.  Last time he hadn't ever signed an SPC so he wasn't an RFA.

13 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would think Diamond would have visa stuff and contract stuff lined up and ready to go. He makes money when Tryamkin signs.

I'm sure he's got a lot of paperwork filled out etc but it still takes time for governments to process things. He still needs to be released from his KHL contract, still needs to sign one with us, still needs the visa paperwork submitted and approved... He's not going to be able to play by the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Green plays Eriksson over so many young guys.... its safe to make Green assumptions.

Green plays Eriksson over so many young guys who are not proven in the NHL yet. Although I would like to see Eriksson leave the Canucks ASAP, I generally agree with his strategy.

Most of our kids in Utica, need to finish their year there and have a good summer of training. Let's see how they look in camp.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Green plays Eriksson over so many young guys who are not proven in the NHL yet. Although I would like to see Eriksson leave the Canucks ASAP, I generally agree with his strategy.

Most of our kids in Utica, need to finish their year there and have a good summer of training. Let's see how they look in camp.

Virtanen is proven yet plays on the 4th line while Eriksson is on the 1st line...

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm sure he's got a lot of paperwork filled out etc but it still takes time for governments to process things. He still needs to be released from his KHL contract, still needs to sign one with us, still needs the visa paperwork submitted and approved... He's not going to be able to play by the weekend.

Isn't that what bribery is for?!

C'mon AQ go get him on one of your jets!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

And again.

Boeser is injured.

Which young guys is Green not playing?

Horvat - 1C/2C - Young @ 24

Pettersson 1C/2C - Young @ 21

Hughes - 1D in the making - Young @ 20

Boeser (IR) - 1RW/2RW - Young @ 23

Virtanen - 1RW/2RW/3RW - Young @ 23

Gaudette - 3C - Young @ 23

Stetcher - 4D/5D/6D - Young @ 25

MacEwen - 3C/4C - Young @ 23

Demko - 1G/2G - Young @ 24

Green is already playing 9 players 25 years old or under.

How much more tanking are you expecting? 

This team is trying to make the playoffs.

Baertschi is better than Eriksson, Goldy is better than Eriksson, Jasek is better than Eriksson, Bailey is better than Eriksson. oh and boucher

Edited by Nicklas Bo Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Wat 3

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Virtanen is proven yet plays on the 4th line while Eriksson is on the 1st line...

Actually he's been playing a lot of 1RW, 2RW, 3RW and yes, occasionally 4RW. You're not really selling your 'point' here.

Green plays 'kids' plenty when they show they're ready to do so. See: Our rookie D playing 21+ minutes a night.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I'd say that Virtanen slides up and down the lineup, he's capable of doing that, and using his speed where needed. He also sometimes tends to forget the defensive side of the game, so a few $&!#s on the 4th line aren't a bad way to remind him.

Personally, I'd love to see him tested on penalty killing as I think it might help his defensive game evolve, plus playing him high on the blueline, might give opposition defense, second thoughts about cross ice passes. If he intercepts, they are going to have a hell of a time catching him.

• Cheers 1

June 5, 2019 Todd Diamond: 

“I sat down with Jim in Buffalo last week and discussed Nikita’s situation,” he told Postmedia. “There is a lot of time between now and when Nikita would be eligible to sign an SPC (standard player contract). We will be in touch throughout the season and see how things play out.”

Between Benning and Diamond I am sure someone knows (and has known since before the season started) whether or not Tryamkin could play this year. It makes no sense that both sides would be so incompetent that there is this much smoke around a deal that couldn't be made. I would be completely surprised if he is ineligible at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Beartschi is better than Eriksson, Goldy is better than Eriksson, Jasek is better than Eriksson, Bailey is better than Eriksson.

Bärtschi is unreliable. He may be one concussion away from calling it a career. That’s unreliable. Do you really want to rely on a player in the top six that may get injured yet again right in the middle of the playoffs?

The answer in an emphatic no.

Goldobin has proven absolutely nothing. The Canucks can already outscore their opponents on any given night. However, they already have defensive weaknesses and Goldobin will never solve that. Is Goldobin better than Eriksson defensively?

The answer is an emphatic no.

Jasek has not one NHL game to his name and the Canucks are chasing a playoff spot. Do you really think that throwing his name in the mix makes much sense?

The answer, is an emphatic no.

Bailey is a tweener between the AHL and the NHL. He’s got 9pts in 65 NHL games and no playoff experience. He can barely crack a lineup. Do you really think Bailey is a good enough Eriksson replacement?

The answer, you already know.

And I’m not even an Eriksson fan.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2