The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

19 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

alright everyone calm down h likely won't be in the line up for at least 1-2 weeks if even at all this year. He will have to work on VISA issues and then when he gets here Travis Green will go on about how he doesn't want to mess with the Line up because his players have earned the right to fight for a playoff spot. He will be in the press box

Man.

EXPLICIT this stupid doom and gloom mentality. 

You’ve got nothing else to do, do nothing. 

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Me_ said:

So........

Tryamkin is officially available.

Anyone thinks Benning already knows the score of this game?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks had someone who's been analyzing his playoff games. And Benning strikes me as someone who'd be up at 5am.

He knows. :P

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

alright everyone calm down h likely won't be in the line up for at least 1-2 weeks if even at all this year. He will have to work on VISA issues and then when he gets here Travis Green will go on about how he doesn't want to mess with the Line up because his players have earned the right to fight for a playoff spot. He will be in the press box

blah blah blah

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

Hah, I wasn't the only one following this game :)

This is our only chance to add some depth to our defence for this year.  Even signing him to a 1 year deal for the rest of this season is OK to see how he does.  We would still own his rights in the summer.

A week of practice and he could get into a few regular season games to see if he is an upgrade on Benn/Fantenberg

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Rick Dhailiwal just tweeted out that Tryamkin season is over but can NOT play for the Canucks this season..... Hoping he made a mistake??

????

Please explain, Mr. D.

As far as we know, Tryamkin’s contract ends APR30, but could be released before that should Yekaterinburg exit the playoffs.

They’ve exited the playoffs.

Edited by Me_

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Rick Dhailiwal just tweeted out that Tryamkin season is over but can NOT play for the Canucks this season..... Hoping he made a mistake??

He's not always right about things, we'll see what happens? At the very least signing him would save us months of people fretting over whether he'll re-sign in Russia or not. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

It was cleared up that Tryamkin would have to be released from his KHL contract early (which shouldn't be an issue).

Lets see if Dhaliwal follows up.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

On 3/8/2020 at 8:14 PM, Yung1 said:

Contract would be pro-rated. Easy to send down Benn and give Tree a pro-rated $2M contract (or less) to replace him.

Cap space is also pro-rated.  

The Canucks are in LTIR so they aren't banking cap space.  They have 6M in LTIR cap space but that's the amount they need to activate Boeser.  They would have to demote someone or put someone else on LTIR to create cap to add anyone.

At the end of the season the sum of the daily cap hits cannot exceed 81.5M.  Already some 86% of the season is over and as they are in LTIR they've already used up 86% of 81.5M. 

A 2M contract would be only some 14% of 2M today but cap space left is also only 14% of 81.5M.   The pro-rata applies to both sides of the equation so it's easier to just talk in full cap hits.  To add a 2M contract this season the Canucks need to move out 2M.  

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

The Canucks are in LTIR so they aren't banking cap space.  They have 6M in LTIR cap space but that's the amount they need to activate Boeser.  They would have to demote someone or put someone else on LTIR to create cap to add anyone.

At the end of the season the sum of the daily cap hits cannot exceed 81.5M.  Already some 86% of the season is over and as they are in LTIR they've already used up 86% of 81.5M. 

A 2M contract would be only some 14% of 2M today but cap space left is also only 14% of 81.5M.   The pro-rata applies to both sides of the equation so it's easier to just talk in full cap hits.  To add a 2M cap the Canucks need to move out 2M.  

I doubt Tryamkin will be $2m. Especially if it's just a prorated 1 year deal to finish off the season, assess and re-sign in July.

Could we not put Marky on LTIR to add him now and then demote Domingue when Marky gets healthy to cover Try's likely closer to $1m contract?

Edited by aGENT

2 minutes ago, mll said:

A 2M contract would be only some 14% of 2M today but cap space left is also only 14% of 81.5M.   The pro-rata applies to both sides of the equation so it's easier to just talk in full cap hits.  To add a 2M cap the Canucks need to move out 2M.  

really not hard to make room for him.

if he signs for around 2 mil....

once markstrom is back send Louis Domingue

and then send down Jordie Benn or Fanta.

should give us enough cap.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I doubt Tryamkin will be $2m. Especially if it's just a prorated 1 year deal to finish off the season, assess and re-sign in July.

Could we not put Marky on LTIR to add him now and then demote Domingue when Marky gets healthy to cover Try's likely closer to $1m contract?

If Benning already has a plan to fit Tryamkin in, if that’s what Benning has been planning.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

DONE!

Someone get Jim and make sure that he's already on the phone with Tryamkin's agent.

What's the next flight out of Russia????? :frantic::towel:

Space Science Fire GIF by European Space Agency - ESA

11 minutes ago, Provost said:

It was cleared up that Tryamkin would have to be released from his KHL contract early (which shouldn't be an issue).

Lets see if Dhaliwal follows up.

He just left.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't expect him to get 2M but it was the number used - 1M seems more likely.

That's what I would expect to happen - Markstrom to LTIR and then Domingue demoted for the cap to work.   Not sure Tryamkin can be signed for this season though as he is a RFA and not a new ELC player.

Edited by mll

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Y’all need to temper down your expectations. No need to put pressure on the giant. 

What expectations? People are excited his season's done and he might be coming back (hopefully in the next week +/-) and possibly be an improvement over Benn/Fanta. I don't see anyone posting about him coming back and taking over 1st pair or anything. 

• Cheers 4